It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 206 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 21 Jun 2020, 14:26 

Thanks pokefraker :thumbup: .

Posted: 24 Jun 2020, 01:04 

Does that player not come with an AC-3 output, freeze frame & other handy features?

Surely worth getting repaired if viable & there are a few guys who use the forum who may be able to help/advise.

Hope you get the player playing as it should again & good luck.

Cheers :thumbup:

Posted: 26 Jun 2020, 10:32 

That didn't take long.

Is it a good idea to be (again) referring to parents dying particularly at this time? There could be people having to deal with tragic for them circumstances & they may be coming on here to escape for a while so please show just a little consideration if you have it within you.

We do get it forper - you don't have to keep harping on about your feelings towards your parents on here again surely.

Posted: 29 Jun 2020, 20:05 

Your copy of PULSE looks to be in really great condition.

Enjoy spinning that one.

Cheers :thumbup: .

Posted: 03 Jul 2020, 01:51 

Just in case this LD pops up again on ebay it looks like the sellers ID/username has changed.

I think it used to be zig.bob & now appears to be laserdisczillionaire.

Post subject: Re: Coming out of Storage
Posted: 04 Jul 2020, 09:03 

McIntosh

Posted: 06 Jul 2020, 21:36 

Also, check out the label. Notice underneath there is a barcode? I can't read all the digits so don't know what is under there. Anyone seen that on promos before? Is it maybe the final center art with a yellow promo label stuck on top of it to prevent resale?

The Exterminator copy you have is an early PDO Blackburn copy & the early pressings did not have the inner & outer dashes on the disc & most (all?) had a small barcoded label under the disc label. Pretty sure the label in your picture is the one that was applied to all from that run but yours is of interest being SAMPLE stamped.

There is a thread on here that covers the early pressed PDO discs that may be of interest.

Enjoy your new LDs :thumbup: .

Post subject: Re: Decided to stop lurking
Posted: 08 Jul 2020, 22:00 

It's never too late.

Welcome & enjoy the forum now you have popped your head above the parapet.

:thumbup:

Posted: 13 Jul 2020, 23:43 

Hi bighamnegg.

Welcome - enjoy your time on here & with the LD format.

On the bottom of the label does it say Formated for Optimem?

I don't know what Optimem is but perhaps someone here may be able to help.

Hope you solve the mystery of your disc.

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 08:15 

As jakeheke said above..... thanks.

Will catch up with these later, love your posts pokefraker :thumbup: .

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 08:24 

admin wrote:

3rd and 4th hits on a Google search for "Formatted for Optimem", come on people :-)

Julien

Okay Julien, I perhaps should have dug further as when I did a Google search on it all that I got were about Minimal Essential Medium products.

I will look more carefully in future :oops: .

Posted: 14 Jul 2020, 22:07 

Any PIONEER remote will work with your player with the exception of the later DVL LD DVD combo players.

Pretty sure that is correct & others here will let you know if there are other options.

Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 09:50 

pokefraker you are giving us the option to see footage that many of us would never get the chance to see.

Please be assured that it is appreciated by me & pretty sure by quite a few other users here.

Thanks for the time & effort you are putting in - two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 15:46 

Hi,

the "rot" thing is something that you would see on-screen when watching the image during playback, colour dots/flashes on screen to a total loss of image & sound depending on the severity.

I have a few LDs that are pretty marked up, dark grey to almost black blotches but the discs play well - most are PDO UK pressed.

Hopefully when you get round to playing the disc it is okay.

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 16:26 

I dont think the Sony machines have as much info about repair than the Pioneer machines. Not as many parts out there either. Hopefully someone can help you. Best bet would be to look around your local area for any repair shops although I wouldnt hold your breath these days.

As odotb3 has said it may be worth you checking out TV / AV repair shops, I have been lucky with a couple of players in the past at a fairly local repairer & the cost was more than fair.

The SONY players are almost impossible to find parts for now unless you can perhaps pick up a donor unit but caps & the more common components should not be an issue.

Good luck :thumbup: .

Posted: 19 Jul 2020, 11:41 

Yet again pokefraker it's two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: .

Thanks

Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 12:03 

Hi Dag & nice to hear of your past with the LD format.

Enjoy your time on here & looking forward to any further posts.

Cheers :thumbup: .

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 12:19 

First class pokefraker.

Thank-you.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 13:32 

Pleased to see your posts on here again benmbe.

Enjoy the fruits of your labour when it all comes together.

Take care & stay as safe as you can.

Post subject: Re: New to LDDB from the UK
Posted: 06 Aug 2020, 12:46 

Hello Martin & looking forward to any future posts.

Posted: 25 Aug 2020, 18:09 

It is a rather sad situation, I really hope he can get or accept some help.

If you are reading the posts here please note there is no malicious or vitriolic ones, only concern.

Take care.

Posted: 25 Aug 2020, 18:56 

The Producers - the 1967 Mel Brooks film with Zero Mostel, Gene Wilder, Kenneth Mars & Dick Shawn - not the 2005 feature.

Watched it again last night, a few years since I last watched it.

Still has laugh out loud moments & it never disappoints even after repeated viewings, thoroughly enjoyed it again.

My name? Woh man... oh yeh Lorenzo Saint DuBois, but my friends call me L.S.D.

Posted: 25 Aug 2020, 23:59 

There are a few & most of them are the F1 LDs but they are not really so called "high value" discs.

It has taken around 15 years or so but I have managed to pick up all (I think) of the PIONEER compilation box sets & most of the individual discs they released but there are quite a few gaps still to fill.

They are for sale but at ridiculous prices & some sellers on ebay have had them listed for years, over 10 years in a few sellers listings. I have occasionally asked if they would accept (in my opinion) more realistic prices but the usual response that they are "VERY RARE" & the like with me being told that they "will sell" even though they have had listed for ages.

I will wait until they come up at more fair prices, patience often pays off & I am quite happy to play the waiting game - that is the way I have picked up most of my must have LDs.

I do get the comment from zeta about not wanting to state the must have titles, supply & demand & all that.

One response I once had from a seller on one of the F1 LDs I was after was that it was a "super rare disc as it was not listed on the LDDB site" so it must be worth his asking price - I have since acquired it & the seller has his still listed for sale. I have updated the site here so perhaps not "super rare" now!

Good luck with the LD hunt guys :thumbup: .

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 19:37 

Just one, that is hard.

Off the top of my head Bladerunner 2049 simply because I don't think is deserved some of the negative comments (a number of which were made before it was even released - go figure). I liked it & think it was made with respect to the original - an LD in a lush gatefold sleeve would have been nice.

Posted: 29 Aug 2020, 10:34 

Has anyone seen Bounty, The (1984) [ID2593OR] ?

Is it worth watching?

Strangely was taught about that at school

I've never seen that one but I have seen the several decades earlier Mutiny on the Bounty, presuming this is a more modern remake of that movie? btw. should this one be dated 1994?

The films cinema release was in 1984, the US widescreen LD was issued in 1994 - the earlier LD was pan & scan.
Page 5 of 9 [ Search found 206 matches ]