It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 111 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 23 Oct 2017, 16:39 

are the separate channels only playable on an LD-G machine? I know nothing about the LD-G stuff

Posted: 14 Feb 2018, 16:35 

I'd probably would go for the Pioneer one since you can find parts for it. Also I guess that model would double as a Karaoke player as well.

Post subject: Re: What is Zero Signal?
Posted: 25 Mar 2018, 17:30 

according to this article its ground
ne connection I’ve not encountered on a Blu-ray player before is a Zero Signal terminal. This phono doesn’t deliver any sound or vision, but connects to the Blu-ray player’s ground, or earth. The idea is to tether it to an unused phono input on your AV receiver (at last, something to do with those composite legacy inputs!) and thereby harmonise the GND reference level between the two devices. Apparently this is beneficial; while I couldn’t actually hear any difference, I took panacean pleasure from the process.
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/pioneer-bdp-lx88-review/22063

Posted: 01 Feb 2019, 05:52 

send me a PM both of you and I will send the remotes as quickly as possible
so to be clear:
gypsy-the multiplay remote for the cd changer/LD model
signofzeta-barcode scanner

Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 00:14 

Found a used/retro Video Game shop outside of Trenton NJ that had pretty big stash of used LDs. Dude had a lot I wanted to buy, but the guy was charging way too much for them. Ended up just getting this for $20 . . .

https://www.lddb.com/cover/ld/20301-20400/20322.jpg
I had to buy this twice because the seller on eBay sent me a cracked copy. Luckily I stumbled across this a goodwill in KY a few years. Made the first one an album art though I did throw the disc away.
:thumbup:

Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:45 

a quick note on Harmony remotes that they are all different so you would have to research what features you want to use on your LD player and get which HR model is more advance and possibly will work with all the features you want but still for some players I feel like I need to the OG remote since my harmony haven't helped much on some settings which I can't change. I have yet to buy the really advance one [the high end model ] so that one would might help the best for all y equipment rather than the ones I have used.

Posted: 10 Mar 2019, 20:32 

Not really into J Rock myself..what have you got CDs? LDs?

Honda is the epitome of '80s Jpop to me and had an "ugly" cute look I can't get over. Of course it's excellent. Good pop music and she's wasn't a manufactured fake idol (although they can be good too haha), she could actually sing. Not sure if this is the only way to get the MV to Oneway Generation, I've had The Virgin Live for a couple of years, still need to get the rest of her LDs.

I've been into Jpop since I first lived with Japanese people in the mid '90s. The last decade I've really been building my collection. I discovered Honda at Takuto in Tokyo (great store if you have a chance to go) about 5 years ago with her collection on CD.

I opened up my 650 and prised the disc off the clamp, no damage done forunately, a few small scatches on the disc that don't effect playback of the audio or video portions.

I then played it in my CDP, the CDP did the same thing! Refused to let go. I had to eject and re eject the tray a few times to retrieve it.

I checked for any sticky residue but nothing. So weird. The disc is identical to a CD, but in gold. How come it sticks to disc clamps?? I can't figure it out.

Has anyone else had the same issue at all?

some files on the computer. Also forgot I listen to Megumi Hayashibara. I really don't know how I completely forgot her but I did.

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 01:35 

Right I forgot since the first package when delivered to buyee when combining them with another purchase into a larger cardboard box.

Posted: 12 Apr 2019, 14:37 

It's been 13 years and 10 days since I joined and kept track of my LD Collection.

This is been one of my favorite places and will be thanks to Julien and his hard work preserving a much beloved format. :clap:

Though I still have a meager collection :oops: but life gets in the way and space. Love it :mrgreen:

Posted: 19 Apr 2019, 15:44 

So Thorn-EMI helped bring VHD to market in Japan and wanted to bring it to the UK later on before they pulled the plug
https://youtu.be/fKLwAwIfZT4

Posted: 03 May 2019, 15:39 

takeshi666 wrote:
I'd better start a new thread for this so we can stop derailing this one :P

We can always derail that one and talk about the worst anime we've seen :lol:

Posted: 03 Jun 2019, 19:18 

Everything is pretty much in standbye. I have seen a manual shut off switch on electronics for years.

Posted: 01 Jul 2019, 23:04 

rein-o wrote:
blam1 wrote:
Not to threadjack, but WTF does this have to do with TV on LaserDisc?

Who knows.
I think this is why it got jacked in the first place :lol:

Did Voyager ever get on Laserdisc or did it stop with DS9? getting slightly back to the topic but these threads... :lol:

Posted: 14 Jul 2019, 12:23 

I'm with gypsy I didn't realize I could do that on my LDS1 either though hopefully for DTS and AC-3 I hope to get my CLD-79 working and for the small ones either use the CLD-79 or the little portable one I got solely for the small discs. I love learning more with these kind of topics just as long as we don't get into Star Wars again.

Posted: 26 Jul 2019, 19:39 

Bought since I didn't want to wait. I'm glad so I watch it now.

Posted: 15 Aug 2019, 17:55 

So I just got my players out of storage and all my LD players work normally even my CLD-79 which in a long ago thread I made it repeated scenes over and over again and possibly due to the belt. I put Disclosure in both the LDS1 and CLD-79 and plays fine. I couldn't put it in the small portable I have but I did have Blondes and Brunettes which work flawlessly.

Just wished my VHD players were more robust and worked because I don't want to buy another one.

Post subject: Technology Connections
Posted: 10 Sep 2019, 19:09 

Part 1

Post subject: Re: My MUSE LD collection
Posted: 19 Sep 2019, 20:06 

leaving this here
https://youtu.be/Y6ljFaKRTrI

Post subject: Re: Technology Connections
Posted: 21 Sep 2019, 15:14 

Part 2

Posted: 21 Sep 2019, 18:40 

If anyone has seen Vampire Hunter D bloodlust, what have you thought about it? I've seen it multiple times and this last viewing I realized it sucks. The first one was a masterpiece and evoked the book really well. But bloodlust for various reasons like voice acting, style and substance and lack of the feel of the books it was based on, seems like it should never had been made.

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 04 Dec 2019, 12:06 

What was the movie? That's 10 sided?
I think my LDS1 is more of a tank than my cld79 is. It just seems to me some early players were built to last.

Posted: 14 Dec 2019, 22:42 

The entire time I lived there which was about 4 years. I never came across anything other than HFB and goodwill. Miss the area and people.

Posted: 18 Dec 2019, 22:05 

Kurtis is pretty busy these days but you can pm talk to him. it is by the way: krbahr

rein-o beat me but he is pretty busy so good luck!

Posted: 29 Dec 2019, 00:45 

I need to get some from him sometime. hopefully I can buy and spin LDs more next year.
Page 1 of 5 [ Search found 111 matches ]