It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 111 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Dec 2020, 21:56 

The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth though I wish I had my LaserDisc copies to watch but I just have my blu-ray digibook for DC and VHD for Labyrinth (which my copy wasn't as bad as I thought, able to watch without problems other than a skip on side one toward the end )

Posted: 15 Dec 2020, 14:00 

I just have to say there are no bridges in Madison County (the real place) I have family there.

Posted: 15 Jan 2021, 18:47 

I'd give CCS about a 7/10. Mostly it just started getting repetitive in a similar fashion to the Lupin series. Enjoyable to watch a few episodes before bed and not have to worry about paying full attention (again like Lupin lol).

In these days of binge-watch mentality, I'm increasingly seeing the "nice to watch a few before bed" quality as a selling point. If I need a surefire way to improve my evening, picking a Cowboy Bebop episode at random is one of the best options.

As for CCS, for me so far it has a good balance where I can watch a few, put it aside for a while, and come back without it feeling stale and without my feeling lost. (Contrast with something like Crest of the Stars, whose episodes were way over-dense with world-building elements to remember, and also ran together to such a degree that one time it took me ten minutes to realize that I wasn't watching a really long recap segment but rather the same episode again.) CCS episodes' self-containment and relatively low reliance on stock footage (so far) make it ideal for pick-up viewing.

EDIT: Speaking of CCS, can I just say that Tomoyo's media room is pretty damn sweet? She's got some major video-nerd cred.

I so believe that Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars are far superior than anything star wars. lafiel is up there in my favorites. Though to be fair CCS and crest/banner are different in every way. It needs the world building whereas a magical girl show doesn't. both should be watched though.

Posted: 18 Jan 2021, 15:09 

Still watching GTO.

I tried watching Night on the Galactic Railroad, really couldn't get into it.
Realized that about 20 minutes had passed and really nothing happened.
I must be getting too old for some or most of this anime.

Watched M.D. Geist part 1 about 2 weeks ago and finished watching part 2, not impressed, remember that I picked up part 1 in a lot
about 16 years ago watched it and didn't care for it then and still didn't spark anything this time around.

Again must be getting too old for anime.

Onizuka would actually make a fine teacher in real life but parents might be worried.
I don't get the point of Night on the Galactic Railroad. I maybe should see it again but its slow and the ending just feels weird like the whole thing is pointless which it maybe.

Post subject: Re: DAFT PUNK on LaserDisc
Posted: 25 Jan 2021, 13:48 

It would of been nice to have the movie on laserdisc. I have the DVD for the 5555 story. The blu ray is so expensive.

Posted: 26 Jan 2021, 13:25 

got the refund. I didn't open a claim as I couldn't figure out how to do that before the time has passed before it gets here. But I paid $15 extra which was refunded but the whole purpose of that was keep track of it and I live in an Apartment so I don't want my packages lying around that long. Asuka better be mint after all this.

Posted: 17 Feb 2021, 03:06 

found David the Gnome on youtube so I'm doing that with other stuff.

Post subject: Re: Sega Saturn
Posted: 24 Feb 2021, 03:44 

In the US we got the large pad (model 1 ) with the original oval buttons and then got the smaller Japanese pad (model 2 ) round button model (model 2 otherwise there has been only one model of pad as far as I'm aware to go with both models of the console except as stated above.

Posted: 05 Mar 2021, 22:21 

We use a Reel Mower, our yard is very very small but when we had a 1/4 of an acre I was doing it in 3 sections a week, by the time I finished the third the fourth week would be the first section.

Had to buy it since our first house didn't have a shed or garage, then never upgraded, now its the only thing I will ever get, can sharpen the blades fast with a hand file.
Learned by myself, didn't even look at the youtube videos, but what a shock there are none, guess I'll have to start one????????????

I found doing it myself is good and also videos are helpful. Maybe you should upload one? Youtube still doesn't have everything. Though there are some stuff it could do without like Justin Beiber.

Posted: 07 Mar 2021, 17:48 

Dragon Inn is a good film. I recently watched (being trying to watch Dreams lately but not in the mood-have seen it several times anyway) it and having forgotten what A touch of Zen was like which I need to rewatch but its in KY with most of my other criterions- I absolutely enjoyed it. King seems masterful and there needs to be more wuxia in the collection since I love Samurai flicks but those can get old and looking at Kurosawa the films I enjoy the most are more normal fare than Samurai. MY favorite director in the collection is Ozu but I have most if not all asian films save for several that I need to get.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021, 13:47 

I wish I keep my Sony but that was heavy and I couldn't move it when I was in rush from Texas back to KY that time. Its lucky I have any of my stuff left now if I can go and get my Criterions and a few other things I'll be happier for awhile longer until I get the rest.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer Reference Discs
Posted: 29 Mar 2021, 11:15 

I try to take a better pick with daylight. GGV1069

here's a non flash picture

Post subject: Re: portable LD player
Posted: 31 Mar 2021, 20:44 

but there is also the LDV3000 but that is only for 8" LD as far as movable portable.

Post subject: covers/spines
Posted: 09 Apr 2021, 15:10 

kinda beat up but oh well. the spines are different some have a color box on the corner which is even different for the exact same title California Girls. Anyone know why the spines are this way?

Post subject: Re: Macross News
Posted: 10 Apr 2021, 10:49 

I might be odd but I've not seen much though what I did like the most was PLUS oav and movie. Though I think I am done buying stuff unless I really want it and to keep it so I might skip this.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021, 11:43 

saw this mentioned somewhere. going to watch when I have the time.

Posted: 25 Apr 2021, 12:21 

Boutique means small run with high features. Like a 45RPM version of Transformer with no cover art, even then $50 is about the high end. Is this three discs or more at least? I know nothing about it. Is it new or just the TV OST? Even now $65 buys a pretty good about of wax usually.
there's different varients. I have no idea how many copies were made. I'ts mixes of various things I think from the Rebuild films so not the TV OST.

Posted: 04 May 2021, 04:18 

Posted: 15 May 2021, 22:11 

It could be wrong. I've encountered that before on a film. I just don't know. I thought the Criterion was the theatrical but then I haven't watch or know Time Bandits that much but it's a good movie.

Posted: 18 May 2021, 21:42 

almost finished save for a few tweaks.

Post subject: Re: getting out of storage
Posted: 16 Jun 2021, 23:21 

I think I have 5 eurolite cases hopefully I put in the backseat though I would like a u-haul my brother is against it. So I hope 2 more trips will work but I don't yet but I check on it saturday since I planed a friday to sunday and drive both friday and sunday and have saturday a day of leisure compareitly. will start spinning on monday and letting you know about it.

Posted: 17 Jun 2021, 13:07 

it'll fun trying to figure out what to play first. and which player to use my LDS-1 or the CLD-79. decisions decisions.

Posted: 19 Jun 2021, 01:52 

Got here and I have 6 well 5 eurolite cases and one random record case. Don't know which are LDS or LPS but don't care as they are coming home.

Posted: 21 Jun 2021, 01:26 

Yes. collection complete again and home missing outer boxes but those are in the unit still.
and here is what I already have:

Posted: 12 Jul 2021, 13:18 

Why they couldn't call Football something else so we're left soccer in the US is beyond me. Though I don't care too much if its called football or soccer since I grew more with it being called soccer than football but really Football should change to something else and it's a more dangerous sport than football/soccer ever is. We left just to be different. since 1776.
Page 3 of 5 [ Search found 111 matches ]