It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 22 Oct 2017, 16:08 

I have seen this on bootleg DVDs that are actually PAL but transferred improperly to NTSC.

So it could be something like that?? try removing the device like invenio says and see what happens.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018, 05:49 

Hey thanks for checking out my podcast! I'm glad someone who uses LDDB is enjoying it because I've used this website frequently for research in creating my show.

The next episode will be released this thursday/friday - an overview of LaserDisc games primarily focused on arcade. I'm hoping to produce 1-2 episodes a month. If anyone has any topics they'd like me to cover or would like to come on the podcast and contribute some information, please let me know! I hope to cover a wide array of subjects related to LaserDisc, all the while touching on all different types of retro topics and movie-related subjects.

Posted: 03 Aug 2018, 00:44 

Yep looks shorter.

Post subject: Re: Headphones
Posted: 20 Sep 2021, 01:04 

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought bluetooth protocols reduce lossless CD PCM to lower bitrates for transmission? I thought 1,411-kilobits-per-second data rate of CD is above bluetooth spec in real world conditions. And I am sure that it certainly does not have the capability for a 9..2 MB/sec transmission of 24 bit/192khz audio that the "high def" audio services now offer. Perhaps I am wrong and welcome an education.

The other issue is that you need a DAC in the headphone. Using cheap DACs in these headphones will also limit the audio quality considerably compared to a dedicated external DAC.

Not knocking bluetooth headphones. Clearly the convenience of not having a wire is substantial, but I think the vast majority of serious listeners are using corded headphones.

You are correct. All wireless headphones apply a compression to reduce the data rates. The most standard BT uses AAC compression but later so called “HD” BT or aptX etc.. use higher bit rates but still far from the lossless CD quality bitrates. Anything beyond 16bit 44.1kHz is not even in the possibilities in the near future.

You are also correct on the DACs. Any digital signal needs to be converted to analog before the physical drivers. On wireless headphones, this obviously happens in the headphones themselves. Furthermore, you need amplification after the DACs. This also happens in the headphones if wireless. You are unlikely to find good DACs and headphones amplification inside those tiny circuits in the headphones.

Short answer, if you want good sound good quality, plug the s**t in.

Posted: 09 Oct 2022, 16:28 

invenio wrote:
Is this broken? How do I get an exported list of all my duplicates?

It actually never worked! :lol:

Should be OK now.

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]