It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: MCA DiscoVision Collectors?
Posted: 04 Nov 2015, 22:24 

Do we have any serious MCA DiscoVision collectors here besides blam1 and ratkins?

After saving the collection of Charles Shishkevish from the trash back in August, I have a basement full of MCA DiscoVision LDs. I'm down to missing only the following seven titles:

1. Jacques Cousteau: The Singing Whale
2. Le Corbusier
3. Romagnolis' Table: Abruzzi Specialties (just the jacket)
4. Romagnolis' Table: Made in Milan
5. Silent Safari
6. The Solar System and The Universe: Beyond the Solar System
7. Women at Work

The past few months have been a trip!

Show us what you've got!

Posted: 03 Oct 2016, 17:58 

forper wrote:
You're just another tech guy who thinks with his head, not his heart.

Just like the engineers responsible for the Laserdisc format, right?

Posted: 06 Apr 2017, 18:00 

Update: With the exception of a few packaging variations, I now have at least one good copy of every title (that we know of!) released by MCA for consumers under the DiscoVision name. :clap:

Right now I'm working on finding non-GM industrial titles. I recently purchased a crazy disc from our own user " cjm " on which a Library of Congress training program (for LoC employees) occupies side A and a Medical Radiology tutorial occupies side B.

I'm also going through the 600 or so discs-without-covers I received along with the Charles Shishkevish collection and have run across many sides from unreleased titles including one that hasn't been found elsewhere: Solo (1972) on the back of side 5 of Coal Miner's Daughter.

… and I surprisingly have no fewer than five copies of side 3 of the unreleased " The Monkey's Uncle ". :crazy:

Posted: 06 Apr 2017, 18:02 

happycube wrote:
Cool :) How well does it play? (31-32dB isn't that great for a handpicked disk, but I guess it was acceptable to them then)

I purchased this from cjm and can report that it looks much, much better than what you'd expect from 31-32dB VSNR.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]