It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 27 Aug 2020, 14:38 

I've been searching for two of the japanese "Millennium" TV series box sets that are still missing in my collection for years now. They never were easy to find outside of Japan but these days prices for one of those are somewhat insane. Just like that "Max Headroom: The Original Story" US disc that just won't show up anywhere - will I ever manage to get my hands on one?

Or old Motorhead LDs, too. Still looking for a copy of "Deaf Not Blind" that won't cost me an arm and a leg...

There was a local guy that had some Millennium stuff (pretty sure it was Japanese as most of his LD's are) like last year but I'm not sure if he sold it or was keeping it.
He has always had pretty reasonable prices on what he sells, not necessarily dirt cheap all the time but I have got some nice titles dirt cheap off him (actually sourced most of what I have from him without spending much). Because he's local shipping was cheap, plus he had a replacement policy for discs damaged during transit (don't know if he still does that, or if it covered international sales either).

Posted: 07 Sep 2022, 16:39 

Sounds like you could have left a film on the laser, be careful when cleaning as some lasers have a coating.
But I can't remember which ones.

Also could be that grip ring, it could be slipping at the beginning and when it gets going it will give enough friction to catch??

Posted: 07 Sep 2022, 20:45 

Yeah I had to replace a grip ring once, they are stupid thin and I'm surprised they last as long as they do.

I hope that's the issue and you get that player up and running again.
I had a dirty laser on my LDS1 and love using that player but it wouldn't play until I opened and cleaned and luckily it was that simple.
My other player is having an issue flipping but I haven't had time to see what it may be, but again I hope its easy.

Posted: 19 Dec 2023, 02:29 

You did not turn up the strength of the laser, you turned up the return RF signal level the electronics use to process the signal. The level returned from the disc depends and the reflective quality at that point on the disc and the focus of the laser. The only think that could happen is the signal being processed is amplified too much causing errors.

So either the RF was not properly adjusted or your laser is aging.

Just use it and enjoy.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]