It is currently 06 Jun 2020, 18:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: LD-V4400
Posted: 09 May 2019, 06:55 

once I drilled a small hole and used a triangular "file" (not sure about the term in english) to make the optical square fit. It takes much patience.
Used a back panel from a next. gen player as a template. once again it takes patience cutting it this way.

On my cld-d515 I cut the backpanel around the location where the optical is positioned now and put in that partical piece of backpanel coming from a cld-d925 along with the components from the 925. I used the disc grinder with a 1 mm disc to allow for accurate positioning. besides a narrow cut it looks great.

Post subject: Re: Selling my player(s)
Posted: 08 Dec 2019, 18:05 

It's all gone meanwhile.
Sold the last player along with the 5 tapes.

Another format I parted with after hddvd.

No regrets, Happy to have owned it, enjoyed it.

Sold most of the stuff to serious collectors so it's all in the right hands.
Half a year it took me finding the right buyer(s)
It's all so nice but in the end one can't focus on so many different formats IMHO.
Since I have little to no knowledge about vcr's in general and the actual tapes remain a tape wear related system I decided to pass it on.
I'm sure some fellows out there figure out a way to keep all those gorgeous machines running for years to come.

Posted: 31 Mar 2020, 10:26 

I suspect some CU-CLD remotes share the same electronics inside...?
Interesting. I haven't thought about this. I have disassembled many backlit remotes (usually to properly stop corrosion), but I haven't paid attention to the components. Looking back at photos of a CU-CLD121 and CU-CLD098 that I happened to take, the boards are marked ALPS which I believe is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alps_Electric

I don't like disassembling these if I don't have to, but the next time I do I'll document all the components.

so I compared the internal print boards

CU-CLD117 (cld99)

CU-CLD108 (HF-9G)

both share the same basic board ALPS BCR970104A with following differences:

CU-CLD117 has yellow leds installed

CU-CLD108 has red leds installed

Both remotes feature the CH mode and Graphics button but it is not on the outer body of the cu-cld117 since the cld-99 didn't come with the LD-G option.
Both of these have NO JOG and Shuttle led installed and it isn't even there on the outher body.
Many other remotes do have this led installed on the more common players.

Another remote I happen to own is the CU-CLD109 that also includes all buttons with the same print (ALPS BCR907104A) inside yet they did not fit the leds or the actual push button on the print! This remote has a red jog and shuttle led left fitted next to the actual dial like many others btw.
This remote has the outer body of a standard type remote lacking the side button to push illumination. like many remotes out there it has the ribbons on each side molded in plastic but nothing functional about that.

I think this info might be interesting to repair or use donor parts with players that didn't come with the right or no remote!
You might be able to build yourself a functional remote from a japanese player or US model player that need the V-dnr thing or LD-G option. it works both ways with these.

Beware the remotes for the cld-703 & 704 have a v-dnr option but the layout is different and there is no select option!

hope this helps someone out there

Posted: 03 Apr 2020, 15:35 

CU-CLD098 shows BCR970102B.

Can you read what is on the two ICs? In all my photos, it is too blurry to make it out.

on the HF9 remote CU-CLD108

one reads,

Nec Japan
D6600 712
9606B3001

the other,

Nec Japan
D6125A 201
9610F3002

On the CU-CLD109

one reads,

D6600 712
9433A3001

the other,

D6125A 192
9428F3003

Posted: 02 May 2020, 18:59 

Talk to the seller first. Who knows it won’t be a problem returning it. Might not be economical to return it ... what title is it to begin with?
A known rotter?

Posted: 28 May 2020, 19:17 

easy enough on a cld-d515. connect the trace after r895. put the cap behind the actual toslink once fitted. cutting the hole can be challenging.... I simply robbed a piece of back panel from a donor player....

Pioneer S315,D515 DTS mod (WORKING)
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]