It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 17 Jul 2014, 00:11 

Samsung sold laptop computers with plasma displays in the eighties, I think Toshiba did too. But they were high-resolution monochrome (amber on black, or vice vera), not colour, and used so much power they could only be used plugged in. I've never seen a small colour plasma display. Maybe they would have been developed if LCD hadn't been lighter and more suitable for laptops, and thus attracted serious development money.

later - done a little checking - Compaq and Toshiba seem to have been the main companies that tried plasma display laptops / portable PCs, and resolution was poorer than I thought I remembered, looks like basic CGA or EGA equivalent with four "grey" scales.

Posted: 22 Apr 2016, 10:49 

Spotted several CEDs in a charity shop in Hammersmith, London, today. All are PAL and priced at £5, mostly music. No interest to me, since I don't own a player, but I thought I'd pass the info on. No idea if the disks are still good, I'm afraid, but they look clean and undamaged.

Happy Feelins' in New Orleans
Olivia Newton John - Physical
John Mitchell - Shadow and Light (sealed)
Koyaanisqatsi
On Golden Pond
The Prince's Trust Rock Gala

The shop is the Trinity Hospice charity shop in King Street, Hammersmith.

Incidentally, the Wikipedia entry for Koyaanisqatsi says it went straight to DVD with no other home media release, and it doesn't appear to be in the database.

Posted: 01 May 2016, 17:48 

I was in there yesterday, they've sold a couple of them including Koyaanisqatsi - sorry, I was in a hurry so unable to take notes on what was left
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]