It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 06:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: LD-X1 composite problem
Posted: 04 Dec 2014, 18:35 

Ahh OK,

So is this effect due to the 2D comb filter in the X1 separating the Y/C and then recombining the signal poorly? So the composite output is always affected by the comb filter?

This would mean that all non-3d comb filter players exhibit similar issues. This does make sense but I always thought the recombining process created the same composite output as the source signal.

Post subject: Re: Muse Laser Pickups??
Posted: 04 Dec 2017, 19:31 

The X0 and X9 share the same 670nm laser diode but that’s where the similarity ends. Each pickup assembly is completely different. I did manage to successfully replace a dead diode in an X0 but unfortunately I fiddled with it a few weeks later and things went from bad to worse. Managed to pop the new diode and now I’ve got to replace it again and also completely align the optical prism and photodiode on the pickup. A total mess I haven’t got time for at the moment. I think the last new old stock X0 pickup I saw sold a few years ago for about €800 from a guy in Germany.

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
Posted: 04 Nov 2021, 20:33 

You need to short a trace to ground. Flip down the face panel and find the Mode Assy. Solder a wire across the points shown in the 97 service manual Page 67 (PDF Page 44) The dotted box shows "CLD-97 Only"

Then the PSC button behaves as a DNR on/off

Post subject: Re: CLD-959 DNR Button?
Posted: 16 May 2023, 20:20 

You need to short a trace to ground. Flip down the face panel and find the Mode Assy. Solder a wire across the points shown in the 97 service manual Page 67 (PDF Page 44) The dotted box shows "CLD-97 Only"

Then the PSC button behaves as a DNR on/off

I’ve opened my machine up to do this mod, and I’m not sure if I’m supposed to flip the board over or remove this giant chip that’s blocking the path to that point that I need to alter. I’m concerned of forcing it since the chip is in there really solid. The board is also pegged on with these plastic deals that expand after installation; not sure how to get that off safely.

Suggestions? 3875A492-E8EE-4B12-924A-CD8B4D5FFC6A.jpeg

You need to flip the board over to access the points to bridge. No need to remove the chip
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]