It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 007 on LD
Posted: 02 Jan 2021, 07:24 

i'll be the heathen in the room here and proclaim MOONRAKER as my hands-down favorite, despite seeing virtually all of the BOND films fairly recently...

I'm another MOONRAKER fan here. Nostalgia is part of it like someone else said, but I just love the movie in general. Got all the Bond films up through "Licence To Kill" on their first LD pressings and each and every one are amazing in their original look and original sound. To me, Bond ended in 1989.

I did like "Goldeneye" as a movie, but to me it was a new reboot of Bond in a different universe. Wasn't the same feel or anything. After reading the comments on the LD, I may need to pick one up now. The whole Pierce Brosnan era was something of its own. Not great, not bad, just "ok" after Goldeneye.

This Daniel Craig stuff....that's NOT Bond at all....I watched one of them and that was enough for me :lol:

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 07 Jan 2021, 14:22 

Next, i'm having a bit of an issue here trying to unearth a few Discovision dead sides. I've done this 4 or 5 times a while back (it's been about 6 or 7 years since I did it last), but i'm doing everything right...rubbing alcohol and scrubbing the hell out of it with cotton balls. Same thing I did in the past with success.

Does this really work? I only own one Discovision disc (never tried playing it, got it at a Hard Off for 100 yen for the heck of it), and the rot looks like mouse droppings embedded in the aluminum layer, so I don't think any amount of scrubbing is going to help:

MelvinAndHoward.jpg

That's a flat out damaged disc. The scrubbing to unearth dead sides on Discovision discs that have em is just for that...has nothing to do with removing or repairing rot, etc on main disc.

Dead sides = when the movie ends for instance on side 5 disc 3, and you have a blank side 6. The blank side is unplayable and wont even register in your LD player. It was made to do that. But if you scrub the hell out of that dead/blank side with rubbing alcohol and cotton cloth or cotton balls, it removes the lacquer that they sprayed onto it to make it unplayable to consumers,and reveals whatever they pressed on that side to cover it at the factory.

Sometimes you end up with some side of another Discovision release, you could end up also with training videos for different motor companies of the 70's and on the very rare occasion, unearth a side of a canceled LD release.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]