It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 111 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: MSB LS1 ..any info?
Posted: 31 Jan 2023, 21:17 

Here's that Video Magazine review of the LS-1 that I posted previously but the host site has been dissolved . . .

Attachment:
MSB_LS1-1.jpg

Attachment:
MSB_LS1-2.jpg

Posted: 14 Feb 2023, 18:46 

I guess it would be my current one - Runco LJR II.

Picture is really nice. Doesn't seem to have the right side cutoff that plagued earlier Runcos and LX-900s thankfully. Initially I thought not having an onboard D/A converter would be a drawback, but when you're hooking it up to a decent receiver, it becomes a non-issue.

Posted: 23 May 2023, 16:29 

I rarely ever see Dark Tide pop up. I think that might be the rarest one. That or people love the cover so much they're refusing to sell it because it's pretty exotic looking. I think it might be rare either way. I guess everything on this format is rare to some extent but I think this is pretty rare compared to other laserdiscs.
Have the same movie and it is pretty hard to come by.

Posted: 15 Jun 2023, 17:37 

In Osaka, your best bet would probably be Den Den Town since it's like their version of Akihabara.

Posted: 17 Aug 2023, 18:31 

After decades of threatening to put titles "back in vault" now they're ALL in the vault.

Posted: 18 Aug 2023, 16:57 

My wife loves the TV show Friends and we were watching this one episode where the character Ross was trying to get the rest of the crew to spend time with him mentioning he has a Laserdisc player and they could have a movie marathon or something like that. I think it was Season 3. Didn't actually show a close up of the LD player or any LDs though.

Posted: 06 Mar 2024, 19:09 

I've got some Karaoke LDs I'm willing to part with if you want to give me the songs you're looking for.

Post subject: Re: VideoCD (VCD) replay
Posted: 19 Mar 2024, 15:43 

Video CD sub-forum added!

=> https://forum.lddb.com/images/icons/topics/vcd.png

Julien
Thanks for this Julien!

I actually watched a VCD a few weeks ago. My wife wanted to watch John Woo's Once a Thief , and the only format I had it on was VCD!

Only problem was I didn't have any equipment I was sure could play it back connected to my HT. I dropped in the Oppo UDP-203 and crossed my fingers, but it did actually play! Odd considering Video CD isn't listed as one of the disc formats that it can play:
oppoudp203_specs.jpg
Also surprised that it also plays back Kodak Picture CDs. I actually had one of those made. I think I'll pop it in and see what the interface is like (only one I've ever seen before was wit the Sega Saturn VCD/PictureCD attachment.)

Posted: 15 Apr 2024, 18:31 

I would say the DVL-919

the "V" machines are karaoke machines and not really optimized for movie watching.

No LD player ever had SACD playback, but the DVL-919 does have CD and VCD playback.

Keep in mind that even though the DVL-919 has component video outputs, they will only work for VCD and DVD playback.

Just use the composite output for LD. The comb filter in the 919 is kinda crap (so don't use the S-Video out)

Posted: 19 Apr 2024, 20:42 

Since I dumped pretty much ALL of my VHS collection after DVD came out, recording a DVD to VHS wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Hell, I have an S-VHS VCR and I wouldn't record a DVD to that.
Page 5 of 5 [ Search found 111 matches ]