All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 764 matches

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Bidding Option
Posted: 11 May 2018, 09:43 

Hello!

Maybe I should not display these values as they might be misleading for sellers?

The original intent was to qualify what a "wish" in a wishlist was supposed to mean.

It would translate by default into an email notification if a specific titles was listed for sale.
Further refining would define a minimum condition level (1 to 10) and a maximum price above which no notification will be sent (filtered).

So the "best bid" is not a confirmed agreement to buy but the maximum price for a notification.

Initially the wishes would be active only for 3~6 months then expire and would need to be re-activated manually, something almost nobody did.
So I turned the wishes permanent.

Maybe I should simply remove the "best bids" and keep only the number of people with that title in wishlist?

Julien

Post subject: Re: Datasheet PM4007A
Posted: 15 May 2018, 07:07 

ldfan wrote:
Not sure if this will help...

This is a partial pic of the Sample Rate Systems AC3-RF Demodulator schematic showing the pin out of the PM-4007A.

This is probably the actual pin-out (from the service manual):

Attachment:
PM4007A.gif

Julien

Posted: 30 May 2018, 02:59 

Yes, there is an extensive discussion here: DVD Recorders with 3D Comb Filters

Julien

Posted: 31 May 2018, 08:37 

If you sold him some Criterion John Woo movies, it's unlikely he'll ever pay:

https://www.lddb.com/feedbacks/tek (-2)

Excuse, I have a problème with my id paypal , its impossible for me to pay you
No communication at all after he placed the order.
hello , i have a problème with my paypal account , its impossible for me to pay

Julien

Posted: 09 Jun 2018, 03:52 

He was on LDDb.com 9 days ago but hasn't visited the forum since April.

I'm closing his shop since he can't be contacted.

Julien

This is a shame and technically he can be contacted. I personally PMed him on FB to tell him this post was here and he apparently is choosing to ignore it. He did respond to my PM so he is aware, this goes back weeks.

He did contact me after receiving "Shop was closed" notification and I pointed to this topic as the main reason (+ unanswered PMs).

=> PUBLIUS, could you step in and get everything back to normal?

Julien

Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 18:18 

These 2 have a note on the back cover saying that transfer was supervised by Robert Wise:

Sound of Music, The: 30th Anniversary Edition (1965) [4267-85] (THX/Surround/1994)
Sound of Music, The (1965) [0897285] (THX/AC3/1996)

A possible start?

Julien

Post subject: Re: Oppo UDP-205 PRE-ORDER
Posted: 26 Jun 2018, 03:02 

Pre-order emails seem to have been sent yesterday:

Reference Quality 4K Ultra HD
Audiophile Blu-ray Disc Player

Thank you for your interest in the OPPO UDP-205 - a limited supply is now available. Drawing from over a decade's worth of experience in advanced image processing technology and high fidelity audio performance, the UDP-205 is the perfect choice for discerning enthusiasts. The UDP-205 provides reference level sound quality through the analog outputs, improves the clock precision of the HDMI audio output, and increases the power of the built-in headphone amplifier.

Click here to learn more about the OPPO UDP-205.

To pre-order the OPPO UDP-205, please use this special link:

(custom link removed)

This link is as unique as you are so please do not share. It will expire at 11:59 PM PT on July 3, 2018. Due to the limited quantity available, the limit is 1 per customer. If you are no longer interested in the OPPO UDP-205 and would like to give up this opportunity, click here.

Note: This product is designated for North American Customers Only .

Limit 1 per customer. Not for resale.

Price: US$ 1,299.00

Options:

1 Year Extended Warranty + 2 Year Standard Warranty for UDP-205 (+US$ 99.00)
Rack Mount Kit for UDP-205 (+US$ 99.00)

Since I already own one and I'm not a North American customer, I can pass my pre-order to someone serious about buying one (don't waste it, they sell on eBay for twice this price!). Contact me by PM.

Julien

Posted: 03 Jul 2018, 07:59 

thetmaxx wrote:
Fantastic dissertation. I really appreciate it and you've clarified so many questions. I'm going to be playing with the connections and outputs/inputs and I'm sure I can impress the wife yet!

Good luck on increasing your WAF!

Julien

Post subject: Re: LD player collection
Posted: 03 Jul 2018, 10:13 

Already a WIP: Is there a complete LD PLAYER LIST? If not let's make one

But this will have to wait for November when I move back to France and start looking for a new job.

Julien

Posted: 09 Jul 2018, 03:07 

Just thoroughly tested Apollo 13 and True Lies with no success.

Which version of these LDs would they be? Digital audio, Dolby Digital, DTS?

Quick recap:

For surround/matrixed/ pro-logic soundtrack , output via COAX/TOSLINK (digital) or RCA L/R (analog)
Then set your A/V Received in Surround/PLII/DTS-Neo/etc. to extract the center and surround information from the stereo source.
For Dolby Digital , your DVL-7000 is actually smart to NOT let you select Analog 2/R because that would be a lot of white noise that could damage your speakers when played too loud. In that case you NEED to use the AC3RF Out plug of the player into an AC3RF compatible device and select this input on the A/V side to detect DD 5.1ch.
For DTS , nothing to do but use COAX/TOSLINK (digital) straight to your A/V Receiver, it will detect DTS 5.1ch automatically.

Would that help?

Julien

Posted: 09 Jul 2018, 04:43 

thetmaxx wrote:
Just got surround sound out of Days of Thunder!

Good news!

Julien

Posted: 16 Jul 2018, 05:07 

takeshi666 wrote:
I still wanna see LD+G in action, too!

Not a video but I did take some pics as examples here: http://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?p=85043#p85043

Julien

Posted: 20 Jul 2018, 11:44 

You need a compatible remote for that.

Julien

Posted: 25 Jul 2018, 02:08 

Thanks to Kurtis, we can more easily look up for replacement BELTS (or good contenders) with:

http://manuals.lddb.com/LD_Players/PRB_Belt_XRef-extract.pdf (I extracted only the pages relevant to LD Players)

You can lookup for part number (ex: PEB1138 ) or close matches.

Standard ref provided can be matched with Belts size list .

Good luck and don't hesitate to provide any matching combination/replacement belt size for others to use.

Julien

Posted: 26 Jul 2018, 04:07 

I'm not 100% positive of anything, I just know that I can turn CX off and on via the remote, which is something I don't think you can do on non-CX discs. But this is all still new enough to me that it may be a quirk of my system. I'm using a Pioneer CLD-D701, if that helps. Once happycube has the disc, hopefully he can double-check my work and update/fix anything I got wrong. :)

Gotcha.

Added => M.I.T. Summer Session 1981 (1981) [07708]

Julien

Post subject: Technicolor
Posted: 27 Jul 2018, 07:58 

Quite interesting video:

Julien

Post subject: Re: About the seller DaDon
Posted: 02 Aug 2018, 03:37 

Duncanism is a well documented and confirmed plague now.

Duncanism
/'dʌŋ.kənɪzəm/
noun

Unresponsive service provider after money has been duly paid.
"I've sent my LD Player for repair to Duncan but he stopped answering emails. I believe I'm a victim of Duncanism."
synonymous : scam, fraud, MIA, communication breakdown, Comcast, Ponzi scheme

Julien

Posted: 13 Aug 2018, 05:26 

2 more:

Deep Purple: Machine Head (SACD)
Deep Purple: Machine Head (DVD-Audio)

Simple Minds: New Gold Dream (SACD)
Simple Minds: New Gold Dream (DVD-Audio)

Julien

Posted: 13 Aug 2018, 05:43 

firehorse_44 wrote:
A night to remember in advance lol ! ! !

They added an additional date on Nov 17th, I managed to get a seat really close to the stage :-)

Julien

Posted: 14 Aug 2018, 04:31 

A quick check shows that the first TOEI release was 1983 : Galaxy Express 999 (1979) [TE-D001]

I see very early PAL releases:

Captain Harlock: Episoden 1-4 (1978) [35-95118]
Adventures of Captain Future, The (1978) [LVPB 030]

Also:

Urusei Yatsura: Movie #1 Only you (1983) [LNK-505]
Harmagedon (1983) [AH009-35KD]
Golgo 13: The Professional (1983) [G78F0001]
Queen Millenia (1982) [G128F0004]

A lot of the old releases do not have the release dates, so it's down to checking (sequential) reference numbers.

Julien

Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 06:58 

Hello!

I suppose this is Aretha Franklin: The Queen of Soul (1988) [ID6726PA] from lvdisc?

Which one did you get instead?
This seller is quite good and has been with for many years, maybe the Email went to spam?
Did you trying contacting through the forum as well?

Julien

Posted: 01 Sep 2018, 04:35 

Hope to be proven wrong but a new production LD player is pretty much a pipe dream.

The engineer teams who designed and mass-produced these Players all retired a long time ago and their teams got terminated early 2000's anyway.

Analog video design is a lost art -- SONY couldn't fix a MUSE Decoder only years after selling them -- and almost everything is digital now.

We have to make sure we can salvage working parts from broken players to keep them running as long as possible.
My next coding time (from November when I move back to France without a daily job) will be to work on the Player database + parts. A long time overdue project!

As seen a couple times here recently, we're getting into the 20~30 years of lime time and it's definitely time for a refresh of capacitance with newer parts.

Julien

Posted: 04 Sep 2018, 03:44 

Hello everyone,

Our friend amaroc from Poland has been kind enough to send me low-res (200dpi) and high-res (600dpi) scans of an old quarterly UK LD magazine Laser Disc Review .

I nice chunk of LD retail history unfolding over the years.

LDR.jpg

I created a specific subdomain for this: http://magazines.lddb.com

Currently 22 issues uploaded, check by year:

Enjoy!

Julien

Posted: 05 Sep 2018, 14:45 

admin wrote:
forum.lddb.com is "let's encrypted" now!

I am experiencing some trouble switching from a PC to another PC.

If the forum will not log you in automatically, just make sure that the URL has https://forum.lddb.com in front of it!

Julien
Page 3 of 31 [ Search found 764 matches ]