It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 28 Feb 2020, 23:57 

Nope my set is still here, I can see it right now on the shelf. And it is not as beat up as the one that was sold.
The most interesting thing is missing anyhow: the audio cd's and the telephone cards.
Definitely way too expensive in this day and age without those goodies.
Anyone interested should look for the PCLS-00001 set anyhow, as it contains an additional disc.

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 11 Nov 2021, 02:25 

Big Trouble in Little China (1986) [1502-85]

Haven't watched an LD in some time, last was my last review of Grim and before that was months ago, possibly even 8 months.

So I decided to stop watching news and get back to watching some films that I love and have kept on LD and this was the first spin.

Boy I can't say enough good things about this film, probably have seen it over 50 times my wife can't even believe that but its really true.

This disc when I had a CRT set was AMAZING, the image was clean and clear, have a smaller cheaper LED set I was watching it on today.
Great image but a little soft playing through my 3070 on the cheapie LED set.
Have watched this years ago on my projector and remember the image being a lot better so the set will always make a difference.

Read on the comments that the colors aren't as good as the P/S version, I can't remember or tell you as its been over 20 years since I had that disc.

If you love this film then get it on any format you can, the audio on this LD is just spectacular and has a great Carpenter soundtrack.

Film has a Eastern/Western/cowboy/fantasy and more feel to it.

Love the beginning how you have the wing kong / red turbans guy with the bandoliers and double revolvers doing some martial arts
kung fu breathing before he shoots people.

I know this is one of those cult classic films but I never saw this at the theater and only on LD.

Widescreen image is nice, never noticed it before but some scenes look like they are using a fisheye type lens, center is fine but its slightly
curved at the edges, more noticeable during the Egg Shan bus scene going through the city streets.
Possibly due to filming on the street and had to use a different camera to fit on the sidewalks?

This is a must own film to have in your collection in any format.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]