It is currently 26 Sep 2020, 13:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: J-Pop
Posted: 19 Feb 2012, 16:19 

Anyone into J-Pop?

Have just noticed this title was even not in the LDDB... (just made the entry)

Posted: 17 May 2018, 21:26 

Thanks for this posting very nice to read :clap:

Of course congrats to Julien for his birthday and this website and forum :thumbup:

Posted: 31 Dec 2018, 19:49 

Just on the edge of 2018 (at lease where I am located) the 58,000th LD has been added :clap:

Toshiba High Quality Demo Disc [---]

Up to the next target of 59k ...

Thanks Julian :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Pioneer CLD-1950
Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 02:32 

According to kris 's post in this thread, CLD-1950 is able to play PAL analog sound.
I came to the seller and we hooked his player with composite rca wires but didn't get any sound with this PAL disc. I also took with me one of my NTSC CLV digital/analog disc which played just fine.

I confirm the 1950 does not support analog audio on PAL discs, if you need this feature you need the 2950, 925, 515, 909E or 919E

Post subject: Re: Dvl-909 no cd playback
Posted: 03 Nov 2019, 01:09 

Hi Kris,
do you get error messages? If not try to get it in test mode (see service manual), you have service remote so it is easy, you should get a lot of information on screen...

Could it be the laser used for LD/cd doesn't go as far as dvd laser and thus it cannot read CD intro lead track?

Regards Edwin

Posted: 16 Jan 2020, 20:18 

No need to take off label from disc, as hereby example of mint mark on PDO disc - I have a number of PDO discs without label from factory ;)

they are : X Y YYYYY YYYY X

X = letter
Y = number

Whereby the 1st Y is the side identifier

Sonopress :
> LaserVision : use smaller label, and you can see a hand written mint mark
> LaserDisc : music discs use a very very light yellow plastic (not that yellow as PDO), non music uses a fully transparant plastic whereby for both also a smaller label and a engraved mint mark
There are exceptions though ... whereby the label is as big as the PDO label, than it becomes more difficult to see.
Like mentioned above, during LaserVision times the edges can tell a story (more rounded for PDO, more sharp for Sonopress)

Posted: 22 Jan 2020, 21:01 

You are right PDO has discs without these dashes, but these are discs before ~april 1982, some of the examples are the very early BBCV discs, however the these are limited (also some of the DiscoVision copy very early UK PAL releases are like this)
Also up until ~1984 the discs had the small sticker with barcode under the label, after that they disappeared.

Below the markings for Sonopress (Laservision and Laserdisc) using smaller labels than PDO, but as I highlighted above I also have discs pressed by Sonopress with a larger label, so you dont see the mint markings - one other speciality of Sonopress, I have several single-sided discs, where the blank side is colored blue.

Posted: 12 Jun 2020, 12:18 

Congratulations Julian,

we have the 59000 title in LDDB !!!
89' 6 CF LD Single [DB007]

Lets go for 60000 :thumbup:

Regards,
Edwin

Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 11:44 

The DTS release you refer to was cancelled, you have Contact: Special Edition (1997) [15041] which is the Dolby Digital release

Post subject: Re: DADC USA Rot Plot
Posted: 14 Sep 2020, 11:15 

cplusplus wrote:
If anyone has a rot-free pressing of Eraser (1996) [14202], could you post the mint marks?

I played my Eraser yesterday, I have several copies, but the only one which is 100% rot-free has the following mint marks :

LDVS-003048-A-A118
LDVS-003048-B-B77
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]