It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Dec 2014, 14:32 

If you search each title many times there will be a price associated with it, what other LDDB sellers are selling it for. If it is not in the database then it's off to the ba where prices are all over the place but you can get some sort of idea of a price. I wish you luck and look forward to checking out your collections, both here and at Discogs. :thumbup:

Posted: 03 Jan 2015, 08:37 

Nothing that jumps out at me that I don't have right now, but nice description writeups :thumbup:

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Post subject: Re: Bidding Option
Posted: 10 May 2018, 14:35 

Yep. That’s exactly what’s happening. It’s illegal for businesses to behave that way but people who make their money off Craigslist do it all day. What they have is basically old garbage nobody wants so they do everything in the book to drive up the price up. There are forum members who are big into this. When most people sell some 25 year old disc they just want to send it on to a good owner but with some people there’s always some angle being worked. Like buying as many copies as possible and then listing them with high prices. It is a MORAL IMPERATIVE that they sell this thing for more than they paid for it. In a small market it’s easy to manipulate the price and collectors these days worship high prices so they aren’t in the business of waiting for it to drop. The noobs are dying to get the thing at any price, and any price is fine because they “know” it will always sell for more.

Lucky they pressed a ton of these things and the current LD scene is small so it’s impossible to ruin LD like how the same people are ruining classic video games, but they are sure going to try.

Post subject: Re: Bidding Option
Posted: 11 May 2018, 09:43 

Hello!

Maybe I should not display these values as they might be misleading for sellers?

The original intent was to qualify what a "wish" in a wishlist was supposed to mean.

It would translate by default into an email notification if a specific titles was listed for sale.
Further refining would define a minimum condition level (1 to 10) and a maximum price above which no notification will be sent (filtered).

So the "best bid" is not a confirmed agreement to buy but the maximum price for a notification.

Initially the wishes would be active only for 3~6 months then expire and would need to be re-activated manually, something almost nobody did.
So I turned the wishes permanent.

Maybe I should simply remove the "best bids" and keep only the number of people with that title in wishlist?

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]