It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Adjustment CLD D925
Posted: 27 Mar 2018, 00:22 

Pretty sure that simply means that you adjust the setting to maximise the amplitude of the signal shown.

Posted: 22 Apr 2020, 15:52 

There is no unambiguous way of testing caps other than removing them from circuit and using an ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) meter together with a table of acceptable ESR values. (But then, having removed an ancient electrolytic cap from a board, why not just replace it anyway? They all go bad eventually.)

What makes you think the problem is on the PSU board anyway? It's quite likely, but not necessarily. Is the machine totally dead? I would start by using the voltmeter to look for the output voltages from the PSU, first in isolation, then under load during operation or attempted operation. If the PSU does seem suspect, look for bad solder joints (dry joints) with a magnifying glass - best from the underside of the board. They appear as a very fine line or crack around the solder joint. Some of the PSU board does look a bit blackened in your picture.

Best of luck and be careful round the PSU even when turned off. Plenty of shock potential there.

Posted: 27 May 2020, 12:32 

odotb3 wrote:
If you can do it, I say go for it. Would be interesting to know if it will work. Even if it's just something to do.

Well said. The optical port ought to export the signal from CDs too, which is useful if recording on a MD or DAT machine, for instance.

Kudos if it works.

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 15:14 

Provided it will supply *at least* 7A at the right voltage, you're fine. It could be rated at 100A and it would be fine.

Posted: 10 Sep 2020, 15:52 

Eyes Wide Shut.
(Modern only in the sense that it was never released on LD.)

Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 11:23 

In my case it's 2001: A Space Odyssey .

I've been acquiring copies of this since I first saw the film and read the book in 1989. My first viewing was on Australian broadcast TV, after midnight, with the worst and most numerous ad breaks ever, including one for plastic-encapsulated cheese slices that is seared into my memory forever.

In rough order of acquisition:
A pirate VHS copy
The Clarke book (Arrow, with the 1982 epilogue)
VHS (PAL)
LD (UMLV 10002, PAL). This was my first laserdisc.
LD (ML102233, NTSC)
DVD (PAL boxed Kubrick 8-film set from Warners)
LD (CC1160L, Criterion CAV set)
BD (BD79838)
LD (ML106348, NTSC, AC3)
BD (Boxed Kubrick 7-film set, Warners)

I've also been lucky enough to have seen it projected c.6 times, including the 70mm print struck in 2001, in Cinerama, and with a live orchestra playing the music.

The White Album itself I have only one copy of, on double cd. It gets spun quite often.

Posted: 25 Aug 2021, 14:25 

Just put a closed caption decoder in the composite (yellow) signal path from the LD player to that RCA-HDMI converter. It'll work.

There are many second hand closed caption decoders still out there for sale. Find below an incomplete list of model numbers. I would avoid the older ones that double as profanity filters or that have their own tv tuners included. The simpler the better. I use the Sarabec and the BVS-CC100 regularly. I just wish I had one that worked with Teletext as well as Closed Captions.

Link Electronics IEC-786
Link Electronics IEC-788
Link Electronics IEC-788/R
Link Electronics PCD-85/R
Link Electronics PCD-88
Link Electroncs PDR 885
Link Electroncs HDE-3000
BVS-CC100
BVS-CC100GPI-SV
HRT-CC101
HRT-CC101-PRO
EEG DE-101
EEG EN-270
Futec
Sarabec VR-20
Telemole
Hitachi movie text
Hitachi AVC08U
Universal V-7300
Ligitek LG 935
V-7310

Post subject: Re: I am back
Posted: 09 Sep 2021, 11:40 

In the database, logged in, look at the My Account | Bulk Upload menu item. There is an option for the target of the bulk upload to be your shop. You can identify items with Reference or (better) LDDB number. You can get this info out of your collection by downloading it first.

I don't know what you do about grading and pricing individual items. Let us know.
(Edit) I do now, because I tried it.
After matching items with your data (which will be 100% if you use the LDDB numbers) there is a button do add each item. It opens a new tab to allow the grading, price and other comments and to finalise the process for that item.
Then you just close that tab and go back to the list of matches and do the next one.
This process isn't perfect (it doesn't mark which ones you've done) but it's pretty good and much quicker than navigating to each item one at a time.

Julien's a star.

Posted: 16 Nov 2023, 16:19 

The 4k plus BD physical media release date is 12 March 2024.

Post subject: Re: archive.org
Posted: 07 Dec 2023, 09:30 

Sorry for bumping an old post ...

Perhaps this is just my ignorance of internet etiquette but what is the objection to reviving old threads?

Surely most of the more interesting topics were brought up early in the history of the forum, and any contribution to those more interesting topics should be welcomed.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]