It is currently 20 Sep 2020, 12:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Apr 2019, 18:14 

My CLD-D925 just had the same problem - H2 error when it was cold and shutting off immediately after power up. When getting warmer, it managed to stay on. Turned out the C208 (1000uF/10V) was dying and drawing the -5V down to -2.5...-3.5V (temperature dependent). No visible problem with this capacitor, but with heat gun and ice spray the problem could be quickly tracked down to the C208. After substituting C208 with a new 1000uF everything works fine again, power at -5.1V as it should.

Posted: 27 Feb 2020, 23:21 

Just for the improvement of all of us, could you add a few details about how you used the heat gun and ice spray to identify the culprit capacitor?

I saw that the H2 error occured mostly when switching the player on from cold state. After some time, the player started working again. That was correlated to the -5V supply being between -2.5V (cold) and -3.5V (warm). The -3.5V are obviously enough to make the player working, although it should be -5V. So I warmed the power supply board up, turned the player on and measured the -5V power while cooling certain areas of the power supply board down with ice spray. When targeting the right component, I could see the voltage dropping down to -2.5V instanteneously. Warming it up brought it immediately back to -3.5V. After a few iterations, it was clear which capacitor was the culprit. After substituting it, I got a clean -5V again.

Posted: 09 May 2020, 05:26 

Sent jesuslovesgood a warning in private.

Haven't heard from him, no email, post or PM (although he did read my warning).
Last visited: 3 May 20, 10:57am

Seems like courtesy and responsibility were not part of his skill set.
We don't want people like this around.

I'll remove the last offensive post from this topic.

Julien

Posted: 27 May 2020, 16:26 

LOL... not that young, just lots of time and still have energy (thank goodness for that!).. I'm in the middle of doing a massive cloud migration for my company from on-prem Exchange to O365 and sitting here all day in front of a screen is boring the hell outta me!

Just ordered the parts from Digi-Key!! $7 total and will be here by the weekend so we'll have a cool project to test!

Or a D503 to repair :shock:

Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 09:29 

FACTORY RECORDS (Wikipedia)

Influential UK label from the 80's till mid-90's with a habit of giving catalog numbers to many, many things!

https://www.lddb.com/search.php?adv_search=*&adv_reference=&collection=68

Right now only 10 but I might have missed a few:

PVLM-6 Happy Mondays: Madchester Rave On
FACDV 73R New Order: Blue Monday (1988)
78C58-6098 New Order: Pumped Full of Drugs (1985)
TELP-42036 New Order: Substance
POLD-1011 New Order: The Best of: They're afraid of what they see... (1994)
LVD 9510 New Order: The New Order Story
POLD-1007~8 New Order: The New Order Story (1993)
FACDV 183 New Order: True Faith (1987)
COLY-3005 The Durutti Column: Domo Arigato - Live in Japan (1985)
FACDV 194 The Durutti Column: When The World (1987)

Some nice covers pics over here: https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=191

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]