It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Koyaanisqatsi
Posted: 21 Jul 2019, 23:03 

The later Image release has digital sound with Dolby Stereo and the first side is CAV. That's the one you want.

Post subject: Re: RHEA GALL FORCE
Posted: 15 Sep 2020, 23:16 

I recently watched this on youtube which takes place before something or other can't remember since been years since I saw all of Gall Force on LaserDisc and not even sure if I still have it. It seems they should have released this on Laserdisc in the US but it was cancelled. anyone know why? it makes everything complete but the version on youtube was dub so it must have had a complete run or so on VHS.
The three-part OVA Gall Force: Earth Chapter was a direct sequel to Rhea Gall Force. I don't have any information myself as to why Rhea Gall Force wasn't released on LD here in the US, and I find it rather disappointing as it's my favorite installment in the franchise. What I do know is that CPM eventually released it on DVD in the States, but I don't have that DVD and don't know anything about the dub or possible releases on other formats.

Post subject: Re: Babylon 5 1080p
Posted: 30 Jan 2021, 00:18 

I watched the first half of the gathering. It was in widescreen.
The Gathering is the only episode that wasn't actually remastered. I believe the masters for that were lost, anyway. It's the version that was played on TNT with a letterbox matte and different soundtrack. Try another episode to get a sense of the remaster quality.

Posted: 18 Nov 2021, 00:09 

Robot Carnival. luckily the LD plays whereas the VHD skips. but LD is the only way to enjoy it with 2 screens going.

Unless someone wised up and made a 4:3 or multi ratio BR of it then the LD is still probably the best way to see this movie. The BR one was cut to wide which is unforgivable. Everyone loves it, I know, but if that movie is to be confined to one radio then it really should be 4:3. That was the only ratio anyone saw it in for its first 30-some years of its existence.
My understanding is that the new UHD release includes the option to watch the 4:3 version.

Posted: 22 Nov 2023, 00:04 

The last two seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]