It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 8 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 28 Jul 2015, 22:24 

A nice first bag & you sound like you could be catching the LD bug!!!

For many reasons I just love the LD format.

There is a lot of information & interesting stuff provided by a helpful & friendly community here.

Have fun & cheers for now.

Posted: 29 Jul 2015, 06:08 

You started off with a nice first player!

Welcome!

Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 23:27 

A nice first bag & you sound like you could be catching the LD bug!!!

For many reasons I just love the LD format.

There is a lot of information & interesting stuff provided by a helpful & friendly community here.

Have fun & cheers for now.
You are right sir,I have the bug and its a BIG one :lol:

Well there are many worse bugs to be bitten by than the good ol' silver discs!!! :thumbup:

Posted: 21 Nov 2018, 09:20 

My CLD-950 has developed a weird problem where it doesn't read the disc on first insert after powering up, instead making a winding down buzzing noise for a few seconds before spitting the disc out. It'll read the disc fine if I just close the tray again however, and on subsequent replacements. It also reads the disc fine if I power up the player with a disc already inside.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

EDIT: Of course as I try to determine exactly which circumstances it does and doesn't do it, it suddenly stops doing it.

Post subject: Value of Laserdisks
Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 10:54 

Hi guys!

I am sure it is based on experience. But what is the criterion of valuable laserdiscs for collection? Is there any lists, database, some special crierion, year, type, producer. etc.. Some tips etc. If someone interested, we can even make cooperation too. Thank you in advance for your care.

Post subject: Re: Value of Laserdisks
Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 14:02 

I like collecting, collecting good things, things those important. I like filling small space in my home with valuable things. Please no misunderstanding and prejudice. Thank you.

Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 22:05 

Wow I think I need to do a video of what is collectible and what people should be buying.

If you want a rare set then you need to pickup the Astroboy box set I have for sale in my shop, its harder to find that many other LD titles
and the series hasn't been released on DVD or Bluray as of yet in Japanese language or complete as the LD is.

I’ve been interested in that same set you’ve had for sale for YEARS. If it’s so worth what you are asking then why won’t anyone buy it?

Also, the set is, IIRC, no longer considered “complete” if for no other reason than at least one episode exists only in the NBC version. The Snow Lion, I think it’s called. They put it on the back side of the US ver of Legend of the Forest. It’s still one of the greatest LD sets ever made.

Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 22:15 

Wow I think I need to do a video of what is collectible and what people should be buying.

If you want a rare set then you need to pickup the Astroboy box set I have for sale in my shop, its harder to find that many other LD titles
and the series hasn't been released on DVD or Bluray as of yet in Japanese language or complete as the LD is.

I’ve been interested in that same set you’ve had for sale for YEARS. If it’s so worth what you are asking then why won’t anyone buy it?

Also, the set is, IIRC, no longer considered “complete” if for no other reason than at least one episode exists only in the NBC version. The Snow Lion, I think it’s called. They put it on the back side of the US ver of Legend of the Forest. It’s still one of the greatest LD sets ever made.
Yeah, its missing 4 or 5 episodes? They are around in English but I don't know if they were changed other than language.
I found out which are missing, but they are missing from all time not just forgotten from that set.

Easy to answer why nobody is buying it, it was released in 1990 just 9 years too early for the collectard fools. :yawn:

Now if I had bought boxes of 6th day rather than this boring old set I would have been able to make more than a few grand :wtf:
BTW I was grocery shopping last week and saw 6th day for sale, but it was only the DVD and it was 5 bucks :yawn:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 8 matches ]