It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: MUSE Hi-Vision discs
Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 05:43 

Today a Muse Hi-Vision disc Okinawa (fish exhibition) ended at bids just over 64.00 so that gives you an idea for price on that one.

Posted: 16 Jun 2018, 16:21 

theres a reason why vhds and ceds are both in cartridge.you cant clean either one.from my experience with vhds skipping usually its a disc issue that gets better if you fast forward and rewind at the spot of skipping multible times.having both formats its not only the quality of vhd that is way way better than ced but also the skipping issue is like 1/1000 of what ced is

Posted: 28 Jan 2019, 17:55 

Amazing stuff for like 1947 or whatever, especially compared to HDDVD or flash or LD.
Well remember what Scotty said in Star Trek III; the more they overthink the plumbing...

Not to mention record technology is simple as hell if you boil it down to basics; the grooves vibrate the needle and the rest of the turntable just amplifies those vibrations to audible levels. Can't say the same for anything digital. It's a bit like microfilm; all you need to see it is a source of light and some sort of a magnifying glass. A flash stick is useless without a computer, a far more complicated bit of tech.

Post subject: AHD
Posted: 22 Aug 2019, 09:06 

Been wondering was Nicolas meant by this comment "AHD" but now I know!

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons [AHM-1]

https://www.lddb.com/cover/vhd/01701-01800/thumb/01748.jpg

It actually "Audio Only VHD" that you can play like just for the music, no need to turn on the screen.

So... Would AHD be to VHD what DVD Audio became to DVD Video?

Julien

Posted: 12 Jan 2022, 22:36 

laserdick007 wrote:
Hi!! My name's Eric

Just morbidly curious but, what happens to you when you eat a banana? :mrgreen:

Welcome to LDDB! Great to see a VHD fanatic too. Looking forward to what VHD's you get soon!

Post subject: Re: NHK VOOK (Visual Book)?
Posted: 13 Jun 2022, 16:55 

I would suspect it was a trendy way of saying it was a direct to video documentary, smearing two words. The term “mook”, a magazine-book hybrid, has been very common for decades so I’d imagine it’s a take off on that.

Posted: 17 Jun 2022, 04:00 

laserdick007 wrote:
Julien, could you please add it to the collection options? It would make it easier to catalog them..

It would rather be a publisher/label.

Since we already have KSS Films, I'll add NHK VOOK as well.

Julien

Posted: 28 Jun 2022, 13:51 

laserdick007 wrote:
Ok!! Which loading belt does the D703 precisely use?

VEB1184: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174868673362

Posted: 14 Nov 2022, 23:32 

What hes trying to say is there aren't enough of these players or people who own them for others to really tackle this issue.
Its too microscopic of a format and very very few programs for anybody to want to own it now nearly 40 years after the demise of the format.

Disclord knew all that there was to know about this format but since hes gone you will need to experiment yourself on discs, stylus and players and take the risk
yourself.

I wish there were more people to help you but its just a little collected format outside of Japan.

Posted: 25 Jan 2023, 06:24 

Another NHK VOOK release but also a TOWA video one!

Field of Dreams (1989) [JSLD-1013]

Julien
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]