It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 10 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Jun 2014, 13:18 

The worst LD player remote is the one that didn't come with that second hand player you bought.

Posted: 01 May 2018, 01:38 

Hi makmak16,

That's very interesting! It sounds like you come from a good laserdisc family! You must have gotten the laserdisc genes from your father's side of your family, although he forgot to tell you about it until recently! :lol: Sadly, I have never seen a copy of the disc you are looking for. In fact, I didn't know that it existed. I have several discs from the publisher Videodiscovery in my collection, but not that one. Among the ones I have are the similarly themed "Science Sleuths" discs, which you will find listed here. I will have to keep an eye open for the math one , and I'll let you know if I see a copy of it around.

Best Regards,
David :wave:

Posted: 01 May 2018, 01:40 

I'm looking for the Videodiscovery Math Sleuths laserdisc and teacher's guide.

Nice piece of LaserDisc making history!

Google didn't find much but it looks like a University in Australia got a copy of it so it was definitely released:

Math sleuths [kit].
Student resource book (149 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.), teacher's manual (142 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.), videodisc (12 in.) , videocassette ((VHS)(11 min.) : sd., col., ; 1/​2 in.)
Seattle, Wash. : Videodiscovery, c1994.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/9045179?q&versionId=10476153

Julien

Posted: 03 Nov 2019, 00:08 

Someone* posted this on youtube:

(* - not me, it would've kept it's aspect ratio if I did ;) )

Posted: 16 Nov 2019, 04:05 

Ok, some nut made a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLdwuHv3l8

It appears to be a different system so it seems I was mistaken. There could another thing like this though.

UPDATE: this video shows two other machines. Pioneer sure loved building stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8GADxWKEKM

Posted: 23 Jan 2020, 18:04 

makmak16 wrote:
So you're the one who outbid me. Well I got to watch one of them anyway, so no real loss.

I'll have the other two up here in the coming days, no worries!

Posted: 27 Feb 2020, 23:21 

Just for the improvement of all of us, could you add a few details about how you used the heat gun and ice spray to identify the culprit capacitor?

I saw that the H2 error occured mostly when switching the player on from cold state. After some time, the player started working again. That was correlated to the -5V supply being between -2.5V (cold) and -3.5V (warm). The -3.5V are obviously enough to make the player working, although it should be -5V. So I warmed the power supply board up, turned the player on and measured the -5V power while cooling certain areas of the power supply board down with ice spray. When targeting the right component, I could see the voltage dropping down to -2.5V instanteneously. Warming it up brought it immediately back to -3.5V. After a few iterations, it was clear which capacitor was the culprit. After substituting it, I got a clean -5V again.

Post subject: Re: Pink Highlights?
Posted: 29 Jun 2020, 16:23 

sonicboom wrote:
Is there a way to turn this off?

Yes, by submitting the missing mint marks of course! :-)

I've seen a LOT more updates with mint marks since I pushed this update, it's working I think!

Julien

Posted: 30 Jun 2020, 20:13 

Wow! That's pretty hostile. Did I offend you somewhere or someplace previously? I have nothing to do with prices being high. That's simple economics and I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. I'm not purchasing $10 players and I'm not complaining about picture quality so you're clearly barking up the wrong tree. Why are you being aggressive? Because I tossed some broken players that I paid for with my own money that I was unwilling to stack up around my house because no one local is able to repair them and no one here will direct me to a reliable repair shop? Do you launch when people throw out broken lawnmowers or coffee makers? Lastly how are you planning on getting rid of me? Gonna run me off with more harsh language?
There's always one...
I think rein-o is upset because you've barely been on the forum 5 minutes and you've already admitted to trashing two laserdisc players. Thats like blasphemy. :lol:

And then you have the cheek to come on here and write:
I'd rather just continue the demise of the mediums hardware and make the barrier to entry in LD a little harder for everyone else.

Are you joking? I can appreciate that you paid for them and they didnt work but you shouldnt have chucked them. They could have been good parts machines, to help keep the laserdisc format going!

Posted: 23 Aug 2020, 14:26 

admin wrote:
He also seems to hate Jar Jar now, but that I can understand.

YOU HAATA MEESA INTA FEELS, MON!!! Meesa jus' trya be everybum mucha lovva Rasta Mon, mon...
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 10 matches ]