It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 3 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 16 Jan 2020, 20:18 

No need to take off label from disc, as hereby example of mint mark on PDO disc - I have a number of PDO discs without label from factory ;)

they are : X Y YYYYY YYYY X

X = letter
Y = number

Whereby the 1st Y is the side identifier

Sonopress :
> LaserVision : use smaller label, and you can see a hand written mint mark
> LaserDisc : music discs use a very very light yellow plastic (not that yellow as PDO), non music uses a fully transparant plastic whereby for both also a smaller label and a engraved mint mark
There are exceptions though ... whereby the label is as big as the PDO label, than it becomes more difficult to see.
Like mentioned above, during LaserVision times the edges can tell a story (more rounded for PDO, more sharp for Sonopress)

Posted: 22 Jan 2020, 21:01 

You are right PDO has discs without these dashes, but these are discs before ~april 1982, some of the examples are the very early BBCV discs, however the these are limited (also some of the DiscoVision copy very early UK PAL releases are like this)
Also up until ~1984 the discs had the small sticker with barcode under the label, after that they disappeared.

Below the markings for Sonopress (Laservision and Laserdisc) using smaller labels than PDO, but as I highlighted above I also have discs pressed by Sonopress with a larger label, so you dont see the mint markings - one other speciality of Sonopress, I have several single-sided discs, where the blank side is colored blue.

Posted: 23 Jan 2020, 17:06 

Got this thing in a lot off of eBay not long ago, and decided to digitize and upload the thing since I thought it was neat. The disk came in a 3M sleeve, and one side was just white plastic, the whole thing played pretty well for how scuffed up it was though.

If anyone has any more information or possible pictures of the Kiosk, it would be appreciated.

Audio starts at the 1:55 mark, but I enjoy the flight shots leading up to it :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yU6zEJKws
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 3 matches ]