It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 37 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: My LD captures
Posted: 11 Jun 2019, 01:54 

OK ! Let's go for showgirls ! Took me some hours to do this job, but proud of it ;)

Showgirls (Nomi's dance 1)
LD reference : ML105525
Player : CLD-959
Upscaler : lumagen 2144
Lumagen mode : auto(15)
Brightness - contrast : normal
Scene : Face A / min 25"
scene length : 118 seconds
sexy : ★★★☆☆
dance performance : ★★★★☆
camera / picture : ★★★★★

Nomi's dance in Showgirls is really disturbing, because she doesn't dance as a professionnal, but as a real actress. We can cleary feel in this scene that she does'nt want to stay in that world. She is searching for something more artistic, maybe... The result is a good dance scene, but certainly more impressive than sexy.

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=534x10000:format=jpg/path/sc418f3b0caa8fc1d/image/i027d59de9e4ef4b7/version/1563835469/image.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showgirls (Background)
Upscaler : lumagen
Scene : Face A / min 27"
scene length : 77 seconds
sexy : ★★★☆☆
dance performance : ★★★☆☆

This "background pole dance scene" is more classical, with professionnal dancers, doing well their job, but only here to create an atmosphere for the movie. Dancers are good. Choregraphy could have been more elaborate, but the function of this scene is to focus on Nomi, not on background charaters.

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=534x10000:format=jpg/path/sc418f3b0caa8fc1d/image/iead1a3a9be8897f6/version/1563835021/image.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showgirls (Nomi's dance 2)
Upscaler : lumagen 2144
Scene : Face A / min 37"
scene length : 43 seconds
sexy : ★★★★☆
dance performance : ★★★☆☆

In this scene, Nomi is becoming less and less professionnal, more and more sexual and agressive. This is her last pole dance scene, and we can feel this is the limit before something bad happen. She seems to be sick of this world. She pulls her partener by her hairs, scold bar clients, does a really angry face. In those conditions, she is so intense (and her body is so perfect !) that it's impossible to not fall into her charm !

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=534x10000:format=jpg/path/sc418f3b0caa8fc1d/image/i162ef992b15b24fd/version/1563835761/image.jpg

Posted: 31 Oct 2019, 23:08 

Mine costed me more than twice this price last year ! This month, I finally could refund all the money I asked my wife to lend me^^
Now it's time to the machine to work hard ! I expect to use it at least 20 years without issue to compensate this price !
It does a really good job on my projector in 4K. But, for a TV with good processor inside, I can't recommand anyone to buy such a pricey machine...

Post subject: Re: MUSE Decoder....
Posted: 11 Nov 2019, 14:29 

You're right ! The component is a 入力 ! I thought it was a Muse 出力.
You can record Muse after the Muse decoder, but there is no decoder inside this !

Posted: 07 Jan 2020, 10:54 

Finally could find 1984 in japanese version !!!!
1000 yens in a street shop !

Posted: 08 Jan 2020, 00:09 

The Vintage Knob is the best site I know about CD players and Amps.
I bought my Sony CDP-557ESD thanks to this site ! This 1988 player works to good even after more than 30 years of use ! 18Kg of pure quality in building and sound. No trace of cheap plastic here.

Posted: 17 Feb 2020, 09:45 

forper wrote:
I'm against all restoration of anything unless it's unwatchable. Laserdisc is what it is.

Same here ;)

Posted: 07 Sep 2021, 22:00 

I think there are more than 35. I found this picture :

Posted: 30 Nov 2021, 04:49 

It would be interresting to play the clock LD to see the content !

Posted: 01 Jan 2022, 11:32 

OK ! After changing the left audio cable, everything is good !
Digital was passign through DAC via EFM cable, that's why digital was not affecting !
Thanks for all !

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 09:51 

I finally could resolve all my problems !!!
- The waves were causing by the Ac3 mod soldered on the video port 2. After unsoldering it, and reconnect the port 2 to the video board by soldering a bridge between the cut wires, I could get rid of these waves, on video out 1 and I can now use also video out 2 !
- re-caping all the bad caps also helped to get a fantastic clear image, without smear effect even on clv discs ! Woah ! It’s a big increase in term of quality !
- I also did some adjustments on the pickup, to increase the chapter search response, and minimize CAV tracking issues (even the Criterion of The Killer, Face 1, is playing smooth until the end of the disc !)
- I also deactivated the YC filter by soldering the points on the front board. The image quality is now nearly perfect !
Thanks for all your help ! I feel now like I have the best player ever :P

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 23:31 

Its all thanks to the LDDB community ;)

Post subject: Happy new year 2024 !
Posted: 31 Dec 2023, 23:53 

Happy new year to everyone ! And thank you Julien for all your work on LDDB !
Page 2 of 2 [ Search found 37 matches ]