It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 2 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 02 Apr 2017, 09:21 

Just like I said, I think forper brought a lot of negative energy into that forum. We need to get rid of all the haters.

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 02 Apr 2017, 21:23 

Personally, I love the disc reviews, I've probably read all of them.

I recently joined the Laserdisc Forever Facebook group due to the void here, they are a very entertaining bunch. They do need some help from the "Old Guard" though.

Even for them "Facebook Forever" with over 5000 followers recently did a "who's out there" post, received less than 200 replies.

With the price of Blu-rays coming down and finding them along with hddvds in the used market, I find myself spending less time with my LDs, may be that's true for the rest of us.

The problem with LD is that the more time passes the more limited the entire LD catalogue becomes. When I started collecting LDs in 2001, most known movies at that time were
available on LD including Fight Club or Star Wars Episode I. Even in 2005 or 2007 that was the case but today it is different.
That's why I think that people like us start using their LD players less and less. And I also think disclord's early demise most certainly had an impact on the forum as a whole.
His expertise will forever be missed. His posts were simply awesome.
I still love my HLD-XO and I am still interested in it but the truth is it is becoming more and more difficult to find appealing titles for it. I have already watched the
majority of titles from the 20th century that I would be interested in it.
I love the reviews, too. They are awesome. That's one of the best things about this forum.
If it wasn't for this site I think my interested in LD as a format would have long vanished.

Hi guys,

I couldn't agree more with many of the comments already made here, particularly those of giannis, audioboyz1973, and confederate. I haven't been too involved recently in many discussions on the forum, because it does seem to me that the tone here has become increasingly nasty and confrontational. I try my best not to be a part of those types of situations. I'd rather say nothing at all than to spread anger and malice among those who should be friends, my fellow collectors. With regard to confederate's comment, this is truly THE website for anyone who is a serious collector of this great old format. True, the LD catalog is a finite list, and may be very limited from the viewpoint of some among us. However, we are rapidly closing in on 57000 titles documented here on the format! Anyone who can't find something to like on a list that extensive must be EXTREMELY picky, or only likes new movies. In any case, they certainly don't belong here. From my perspective, I think there is a wealth of worthwhile programming available on this format to last me for many years to come! Furthermore, I'm convinced that there are still many more titles not yet listed here, and I believe that 60000 is a readily attainable number that we will reach in the near future, if we all keep sharing information and adding new titles to the database as we come across them. Let's all keep helping Julien to add to this great site, and preserve the history of this wonderful format for future generations of collectors! Don't give in to the hate! :thumbup:

Best Regards,
David :wave:
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 2 matches ]