It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 183 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Fawlty towers is racist
Posted: 13 Jun 2020, 13:46 

Yep. Violent rape scenes and underage nudity as well as excessive violence has been censored in Australia for a long time. To me that was totalitarian, telling people what they could witness.

NOW, companies are self-censoring shows that MOCK racism. Just in case 1 or 2 people on earth somehow, mind bendingly, interpret something like Faulty Towers as championing racism.

World Gone Mad. Absolutely. This s**t has to stop or we are on an express elevator to oblivion and 1984 in reality.

But no, it's not going to stop unless sane people speak up. I speak up at my workplace. I call out ridiculous s**t. You need to speak up, resist this bull s**t. Don't be the silent majority, be the saviours of our civilisation. It's up to us.

Post subject: Re: Fawlty towers is racist
Posted: 14 Jun 2020, 02:38 

Oh, the irony.

Someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid

Do I whinge or am I outraged at Spike Lee movies? Nope, love em all since high school same as every other person I've met. Never met anyone white "outraged" at Spike Lee movies actually.

Just about every white guy that's ever been in a Chinese/Hong Kong movie has been portrayed as evil. Do I tell Chinese people they can't do that? f**k no. Do I enjoy Chinese movies? Sure do. I notice the racial bias but I don't take it personally, they're Chinese people, they want the Chinese guy to be the hero. I don't get on my high horse and lecture them.

That would be called trying to force someone what to think which is exactly what the left are trying to do now, with the ultimate goal of Marxist revolution. They're telling you over and over again that something that is not racist, is racist until you believe it. And if you keep denying it then if they get the power you will go to re education camp for until you comply and agree. That is what they are willing to do. Can't you see that? It happens in Communist China this very moment. They want us to all live in a Communist tolalitarian state with them as the arbiters of moral superiority at the top and shielded from the actual horrors of Communism.

Posted: 16 Jun 2020, 12:45 

saeba wrote:
Mostly forgetable and the console looks like a wifi router,

Quote:
I really can't see a single reason to get a console.

Agree and I've been almost exclusively a console gamer my whole life.

Posted: 24 Jun 2020, 07:56 

teddanson wrote:
My copy of Freaked is nuzzled safely in my collection, waiting patiently for the next moment it can suckle at the teat of my CLD-D925. :thumbup:

This post creeped me out man. Thanks man.

Posted: 24 Jun 2020, 08:11 

Gone With The Wind may not be an appropriate film in 2020,

f**k that. Not appropriate to social justice warriors on twitter? The rest of us can understand it's a f***ing movie made for whatever reason it was made. GWTW is completely appropriate because it's a f***ing MOVIE.

Movies can actually say whatever they want in the "free" Western world. Did GWTW accurately portray subserviance of blacks in America in that period? Probably. So why do you want to erase it? It's pretty damn accurate. Whether the director glorified it or not is up to the director. It's f***ing ART. Art should never be censored. Neither should actual history and people should learn to differentiate between the two for the sake of humanity.

Us sane people have to keep speaking up or you let the twitterati change history and artistic freedom/new thinking or ideas. They push dangerous ideas underground where they get REALLY dangerous because intelligent people have forgottten how to think for themselves and just look to their SJW/Twitter masters for what is right and wrong.

Posted: 04 Jul 2020, 01:45 

This is what I'm using, much cheaper than Deoxit here:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/wd-40-speci ... r_p6100409

Should be the same kind of stuff?

Posted: 04 Jul 2020, 08:27 

rein-o wrote:
Don't use WD-40 use Dexoit, for contacts its the best thing.

Thanks for your concern and Happy America Day to ya man.

Posted: 04 Jul 2020, 10:41 

Any movie that Heath Ledger is in. To me he's a dirty hippy.

I did like him in First Knight. I think hes overrated as the joker. I think the reason why he got so much praise for that role is because he died when the film came out.

I also dislike The Day After Tomorrow and all SFX films since because basically all CGI sucks a**. Obviousy most people like it or we wouldn't live in this suckfest that is 2020.
I remember watching The Day After Tomorrow with a girl and she started crying because she thought the events in the movie were gonna happen in real life. :lol:
Had to switch the film off it was killing the mood!

Maybe that's part of the hatred I have for this movie. Saw it in the cinema with a Cutie (Jp magazine) cover model and things didn't work out later (she was a psycho). Sounds like we chewed some of the same s**t with women and this f***ing movie! Really it's f***ing mediocre and I never would have bothered if she didn't want to see it. I also hated the preachy early "MMGW message" it had. f**k that s**t. I drive nothing and barely travel, f**k you preachy Hollywood.

Posted: 09 Jul 2020, 09:55 

Let's be totally fair here, the NRA of the time when Heston delivered his "cold dead hands" speech is quite different from the NRA of today.

It's still an organisation for responsible gun owners. Last I checked NRA members stopped a heck of a lot more murders than they committed (almost zero).

It's those untrained, unlicensed people who go on killing sprees or commit gang/cop murders.

Concealed carry is a right I am jealous of in my nanny state. All you have to do in a dark carpark while approaching your car is say to the guy shadowing you "I'm carrying" and the situation is difused. You don't even have to draw. Guy goes away. WIN WIN. In Australia I have to use my bare hands to beat down the guy and then I'll probably be accused of assault, or if he gets the upper hand I'll just be dead. LOSE LOSE

Posted: 09 Jul 2020, 10:11 

All my 4 year old self needed was Incredible Hulk, A-Team and Knight Rider...then, when I was 7 I saw I saw Robotech in '85 and my world changed...nope, Roy Fokker doesn't just keep on walking, the "RDF" don't just go out a "mission of the week" and machines and planes/cars don't talk.. actions have consequences.. what happens in one episode effects the next. It was something I hadn't been exposed to until Robotech. I think my Dad grew up with it with serials before movies but to me it blew my mind. Serialised stories.

The new "Golden age of TV" is just bringing back serialisation to the Western mainstream, nothing new about it.

Posted: 09 Jul 2020, 10:20 

Then again those old episodic shows built for syndication are highly re-watchable imo, in any order.

With Macross I will sit down every few years and have to watch the whole series to be satisfied.

I never actually rewatch Robotech although that might change one day. I have nostalgia for the voices and music and might be fun.

Posted: 09 Jul 2020, 10:36 

yep, that's gonna hopefully be my retirement. A small room, an LD player, a case of San Miguel and a carton of Winston lights

I honestly think the cigarettes will keep me sharper in old age.

Posted: 12 Jul 2020, 02:37 

I'm sure Tarantino used to recommend this movie

Posted: 15 Jul 2020, 09:54 

The same thing goes for The Matrix. If you saw the movies these things cribbed from first...honestly it’s kind of hard to sit through the million dollar ripoffs.

Very true. I personally cannot stand Reservoir Dogs, yer man even stole the line 'Let's go to work' from City On Fire.

Unlike.

It was a shock to the system when I finally saw and taped City on Fire from SBS TV circa 1996. Sure, he stole the f***ing plot and even a few lines but still, still. You got that Tarantino dialogue that wasn't too contrived then, you got the great actors, you got the style, the suits. I think RD is still an achievement and stiill a movie that changed movies for me.

I went off Tarantino with Dirty Thirteen but Hateful 8 was worthy (although not as good as the new Tarantino, Zahler with Bone Tomahawk) and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was so good, even though I hate that little kid in a man's body he keeps casting. Seeing Mansonite hippy abuse was too good. I hate hippies. Never trust a hippy.

Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 10:00 

odotb3 wrote:
No the Woody Allen one is Toy Story.

??? Don't think so.

Googled it. It's Antz

Post subject: Re: My first cracked disc
Posted: 16 Jul 2020, 10:08 

Was it the single (2-disc) release or Master Grade box? The former is currently on sale on suruga-ya for only a couple hundred yen, not sure if you can get stuff from Japan in Australia right now though: https://www.suruga-ya.jp/product/detail/122002123 (LMK if you need me to forward it to you, would do it at cost+shipping)

The Master Grade box is only like 1000 yen, too. Hard to believe these are so cheap now, I think I spent like 8000 yen for all 3 movies back before the mono DVD releases were announced.

It's the 2 disc release. Thanks for your kind offer. EMS is still no-go for Aus and US still. I think my proxy is finally about to offer DHL. I've had about 20 CDs and an LD boxset of Bubblegum Crisis among other things with them for months in storage.

Actaully while watching Movie I for the latest time (when I discovered the crack) it really bugged me how choppy the story was. How huge gaps are obviously missing. I think I need to get the TV box utlimately, especially since a member here went to the trouble of converting subs to .SSA for it.

Posted: 17 Jul 2020, 09:08 

There's a sequel??? Thanks for posting that, a total unknown unknown for me. The first disc is one of my faves.

I didn't watch much, I'll save it for when I acquire the LD and watch it the real way. :cool:

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 10:16 

guada93 wrote:
Oh it wouldn’t be this one I would be storing. The only way I could convince the lady in my life to let me get into this was buying movies that she enjoys as well so that one was one of the haha

Sounds like you need to put the lady on ebay

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 10:28 

just sat through BUMBLEBEE. despite it's status as a flop, i actually felt it quite good. quite good indeed.

despite being a childhood TRANS FORMERS fan, the last 20 years have done a most effective job of putting me straight off of the franchise.

even so, this BUMBLEBEE film managed to come out of nowhere and reignite the old spark, making me almost feel a kid again.
and for managing a small miracle such as that, i cannot help but give this much maligned box-office bomb the highest possible praise. so kill me...

I never had any spark for Transformers. The toys didn't scale AT ALL. I mean Megatron didn't make any sense, Starscream couldn't hold him in gun form like in the cartoon, you could. But that didn't make any sense!!!]

I hated how in the cartoon they would just line up and blast away at each other rarely with any effect. So these were super advanced transformable robots from another planet but they couldn't hit each other, standing still at 50 yards?? WHAT THE FFFFFUUUUCKK?

We never got GI Joe or Rambo the animated series in Australia. My American friend had tapes but GI Joe, despite the funny dialogue, sucked compared to the comic book.

The only "transformer" I had was Jetfire. Coz I knew what he really was...

It was all about Robotech for me. SO far ahead of American cartoons. Lasers had consequences...

Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 07:48 

I want to live in that fully wired '80s house in Texas

Think it sold a few years back for about 20% of what a normal house in Ozstralia would sell for.

Robo can be a statue in my town anytime. I'm sure 99% of you guys know but Tokyo has/had a 1:1 scale RX-78 defender and it was glorious, took this snap back in '09 in Odaiba:

https://i.postimg.cc/QMdVW9pb/09-Tokyo-RX78-7.jpg

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 08:06 

Thank you OP. All those LEs and OOPs...very good example you have posted of why this era sucks. Everything is available but at the same time, nothing is because production numbers are so small they are bought up by resellers so the real fans get screwed.

Post subject: Re: Sega Saturn
Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 08:15 

I bought my Saturn in Sydney Australia Chinatown..about '96..modchipped JP white version. you would select bootleg games from a catalogue for 10 bucks a piece then dudes would go out to their car and get the discs. I had a bootleg video card too, watched so many JP and HK movies I never woulda seen on cheap VCDs.

I brought that baby back to Canberra and everyone else with import PS1s and later domestic PS1s saw me as an infidel but slowly admitted the power of the Saturn, especially in 2D. And those Sega only franchises...

Dynamite Deka, MSH vs SF, Macross DYRL and Manx TT superbike will always be my faves. Loved that machine. Still have it. The modchip works on downloaded ROMs in the modern era. Burned a few shooters in the 2010s, Radiant Silvergun is insane but I can't beat it..

Posted: 26 Mar 2021, 12:55 

Filling some gaps:

Highlights include Xmas 2020 release Minako Honda box (filled out the remaining 4 albums I needed plus a blu ray with a lot of previously VHS only stuff, Yuki Saito box 1 and 2 (highly recommended, proper CD cases and detailed booklet with single and album release dates) and Shoujo Tai 3 disc collection (2017) Nice. Tomita Yuko box is extremely well done. 45 repro sleeves for each single, with plastic slipcase for each title. Then a mini LD (DVD) of her LD/VHS release. So excellent!

https://i.postimg.cc/3RxrS1DS/DSC-0005.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/p2D9d1VH/DSC-0005.jpg

Posted: 02 Apr 2021, 04:10 

Re-arranged my gear and integrated my new UDP, everything above deck now except for
audio video adaptors/processors. Really satisified with my picture and sound from every
source now and I should be playing more cassettes now I can see my deck.

My only weakness is I'm down to only 1 working single sided LD player, perilously close to
being LD un-enabled..so I'm saving to get some serious LD decks then I'll be totally satisifed,
until the next thing breaks haha. Anyone seen that working HIL-C1 on ebay?
Guy is offering USD$2000, wish I could do it..but gotta save more first..

https://i.postimg.cc/XJSdw8dw/R0022613-1024x519.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/XYqf3Xny/R0022610-1024x660.jpg

Posted: 02 Apr 2021, 04:11 

Page 7 of 8 [ Search found 183 matches ]