It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 78 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Dec 2020, 15:40 

Got my little brother a Sega Saturn for Christmas ( is wrapped under a tree ) since he wanted one for some time now. It's a Japanese model. Replaced the coin cell battery, set the menu screen to English. It's all set. Just need to get an action replay cart to play games from all regions.

Posted: 29 Dec 2020, 21:37 

Finally got hold of the remote for the Pioneer LG-1 graphics decoder.
Now it's complete and working.

Posted: 01 Jan 2021, 11:15 

@teddanson

You can make fun of those cars all you want. Majority of them actually look good and with a different paint job would be drop dead gorgeous.

There other massive benefit. No utterly useless electronics which makes them timeless. They have airco, heater, radio and ultra comfortable seats, I don't want anything else in a car. And they are very easy to repair unlike the driving server farms that are on the road today.

Posted: 02 Jan 2021, 11:59 

The Hunt is finally complete. The Castle of Cagliostro arrived today.

All the English Lupins released in Japan are now in my collection.

Posted: 02 Jan 2021, 19:57 

If some sellers are not happy to do this they simply can bugger off.

Posted: 03 Jan 2021, 21:50 

Watched my second Lupin movie because it arrived yesterday. Now I finally have both English dubbed ones.

Posted: 10 Jan 2021, 10:20 

Indeed. The price of two cans of soda. I was shocked myself because I have witnessed these scalers going much higher before.

Posted: 10 Jan 2021, 12:42 

The inferior quality is not true. With the right scaling equipment LD's look gorgeous on modern Ultra wide displays. Also when it comes to surround tracks I find that they are much better than on DVD's and Blu-rays.
The jacket and their size is actually what makes them so appealing to buy. Players will keep working as long as you do basic maintenance like on every electronic equipment.
And these days Laserdisc has reached a real retro status which means it will always bring in a good chunk of change is I decided to sell a couple of movies ( depends of-course on the title ).

Posted: 10 Jan 2021, 22:44 

@rcarlson

I never claimed that it is as good as an UHD-BD. The upscale quality brings it to a properly mastered DVD or slightly higher level.
Laserdisc has however a big advantage over UHD-BD. It's not crippled by DRM crap.

I refuse to upgrade to anything 4K because of all the DRM hoops they want me to jump through.

Posted: 19 Jan 2021, 17:22 

If a seller demands a premium for a disc just because it's sealed te seller can go boil his/her head. Because I am not purchasing laserdiscs for display purposes but to actually watch them.

Posted: 24 Jan 2021, 18:36 

I literally never had a case that I didn't got a tracking nr. when I shipped something from Japan.

Posted: 03 Feb 2021, 22:31 

Fresh arrival from Japan.

Posted: 04 Feb 2021, 06:38 

No not that hard to find but the price difference is massive.

Posted: 16 Mar 2021, 15:52 

Now it's just a matter of time that the BLM rioters will pull it down.

Posted: 30 Mar 2021, 00:11 

A proud owner of this set again.

Post subject: Re: I hate google
Posted: 28 Apr 2021, 15:39 

Google is only good for few things:

Maps
Translate
search engine
YouTube.

Nothing else.

Posted: 01 May 2021, 21:12 

Arrived today as part of a sea mail package from Japan.

New old stock.

Posted: 03 Jun 2021, 16:16 

Only purchased it for that cover girl because well she stands out from other bland Japanese models / actresses.

The glasstron is quite fun. It is very comfortable, the picture quality is solid ( I use S-video ). The aspect ratio of the screens is 4:3 since it's a late 90s product. Tried both DVD's and Laserdiscs and they are all enjoyable to watch.

Posted: 20 Jun 2021, 19:31 

I refuse to get in to 4K TV's because all of them are the so called Smart TV type which I hate with a passion. I am buying a display to connect stuff to it I don't want to have a crappy computer build in that mainly focuses on flooding you with adverts.

Posted: 28 Jun 2021, 15:08 

The long awaited astro city mini has arrived.

Posted: 07 Jul 2021, 16:23 

I have been using Buyee non stop for 5 years now. Their fees aren't high at all. 200 + 300 yen per item and then domestic shipping + shipping to you.

Domestic shipping per item ( a laserdisc for example ) is between 500 and 1000 yen. Peanuts. And their international shipping is standard J post rates and they now even offer fedex which costs less than seamail on larger items so instead of bloody waiting for 2 months it now arrives within 4 days.

They don't have the stupid thing that you need to top up your account prior to bidding. You bid, if you win then you pay.

Their customer service is also bang on. They don't charge me anything if I ask them to remove several unwanted items from a bundle package to make it lighter.
I easily made 150+ orders through them.

Posted: 15 Jul 2021, 13:07 

There is got to be some kind of money laundering scheme behind this, there is no way that anyone with two braincells would spend 1.5 mil on a bloody common title as Mario 64.

Posted: 05 Aug 2021, 10:51 

A nice companion to my retro powermac.

A 20 inch Apple Cinema Display was able to pick it up locally for a great price.

Posted: 20 Aug 2021, 12:27 

These babies finally came back in stock so I immediately jumped on it.

Posted: 02 Sep 2021, 11:04 

T2 Squeeze
Lost World DTS
Page 2 of 4 [ Search found 78 matches ]