It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 6 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 22 Jun 2021, 21:34 

Whatever payment arrangements can be negotiated between seller and buyer I think are fine. I am happy to do PayPal and Venmo. I've even done Xoom once for a transaction in Euros. (I was the buyer in that instance.)

Post subject: Re: Extracting laserdiscs?
Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 11:49 

jadefalcon wrote:
I have a handful of rotted disks with no valve otherwise

Become a rap artist and hang them around your neck for the raddest bling in the neighborhood. The street cred you'd get is worth way more than the puny amount of aluminum in them that'd be almost impossible to separate, like Zeta points out.

Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 14:50 

eBay completed shows a recent $400~800 range based on condition and level of completeness.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=pioneer+elite+dvl-90&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&_odkw=pioneer+dvl-90&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1

Julien

Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 16:18 

You were always told wrong then. There is no platter of metal so you will never prove that there is one. The plastic is the platter, the aluminum isn’t even .001”, I’m pretty sure, because it was spray formed and it’s reflectivity was it’s only needed feature. You can find videos of the entire Laserdisc manufacturing process on YouTube if you want to know anything or everything about it. CDs are nearly the same process.

Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 16:24 

So if you sell locally you will probably get around 100-300 if you're lucky.

EDIT: This is also if its working fully.
Good luck with it.

Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 16:35 

I have a handful of rotted disks with no valve otherwise, If I recall right there is a aluminum platter encased inside the disk. Has anyone tried to remove the platter inside of a dead disk? I can't think of a way to do this without making a mess or using harsh chemicals extracting laserdiscs?
I know your all thinking, why? Just something to mess around with and to pass the time.
The micro-thin aluminium layer is exactly what deteriorated in the first place with a 'rotted' disc. Sure - pull the disc apart and learn something about their construction - but don't expect you're saving anything.......
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 6 matches ]