It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 1 match

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 00:04 

Depending on the disc I use either the capture built into my Sony Vaio, which has an excellent 3D adaptive comb filter or I use my Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD-Recorder - it allows you to set the comb filter to either 3-line adaptive 2D or 2 frame 3D adaptive. For short programs of less than an hour I typically use the Panny at the 9mbps rate - for longer programs I use the Vaio with its lossless AVI encode - then I import it into Sony Vegas 11 Pro on our 64-bit 4 processor PC for further processing and DVD menu authoring, etc... If the disc doesn't need much, I'll just let the Panasonic make the disc - like for the hour long Jaques Cousteau DiscoVision discs that don't need menus or chapters. And the 9mbps rate is basically transparent. In Vegas with uncompressed AVI files I can do multiple pass MPEG-2 or make Blu-ray AVCHD's or deinterlace them - it has a great per-pixel motion vector compensated deinterlacer - its not real time and it takes forever, but the results are stunning. I just wish I knew where to get plug-ins for Vegas for filters to reduce NTSC comb filter artifacts on programs that were pre-combed poorly and recombined and have dot crawl 'burned into' the image. Olivia In Comcert on LaserDisc is an example of such a disc.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 1 match ]