It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Feb 2019, 16:42 

List them if they are not already listed.
All new info is great for everybody.

Post subject: Re: PROSCAN PSLD45
Posted: 15 Feb 2019, 04:16 

Thank you so much for the info. LDFAN! Would the proscan remote with shuttle knob describe the remote you are recommending?

I'm not really recommending any remote except to get the one that was really designed for the player. As it turns out, the PSLD45 remote utilizes the same button layout for the Pioneer, CLD-D504 remote but like I said previously it still may not work due to different IR codes that RCA has been known to do.

Here is the link for a PSLD45 that was sold @ auction awhile back that has the pic of the remote...

https://www.ebth.com/items/3645293-proscan-laser-disc-and-cd-player-with-laser-discs

One JUST sold on Ebay for $12. I will keep an eye out for another.

Yup... that's all you can do. Just be patient since it may be awhile before one comes available but they will pop up every so often.

Also, i have this remote from the early 2000's. I've read online this may control the proscan. I've not checked the book of codes yet, but I will this evening.

Most universal remotes made the same time that LD players were around should have most or all of the existing codes from that time period (especially if the universal unit is made by RCA, they should have the code you want for a ProScan). It may not control all the functions but at least it should have the basic transport codes. Also, many of today's high end universal remotes (e.g.: Logitec) have extensive databases of IR codes that should have the ProScan LD on file.

Posted: 07 Nov 2019, 19:28 

Hey Kurtis,

So in most cases do you find you need to replace the cap along with the fuse protector. Just wondering since I have three models similar to this one that I hope will never have this issue.

Posted: 09 Nov 2019, 00:27 

hellwitch wrote:
Hi Kurtis,

I'm not noticing anything that resembles a cap. Can you identify it in these images, perhaps?

Look at the capacitor toward the front the has the exopy/glue holding it to the PCB so it cannot vibrate.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]