It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 272 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 21 Jul 2023, 00:38 

The LDs I have for sale are in baskets and loosely sorted. In general I sort alphabetically. For my DVDs/BDs anime and criterion are separated. The anime is a bit further sorted from there. Series that have an English dub option* are first, then movies/oavs, then everything that is English subtitles only and in a few rare cases Japanese releases with no English subs that I got, ripped and added subtitles to.

*I don't remember the last time I watched something dubbed but I started sorting this way years ago and hell if I'm going to stop now.

Posted: 18 Aug 2023, 18:56 

I was re-using boxes when I started but eventually ran out of suitable boxes. Near the end of that I was getting pretty creative with what I was using. I pondered briefly putting a pause on my shop until I could figure something out but ended up buying some boxes on uline instead. Even considering shipping charges it was considerably cheaper than buying boxes from an office supply store. Overall their boxes are excellent and I would recommend them. I've been using the boxes for some other sales as well when I need something in that size range. For LaserDiscs you will need to go with 14x14 to comfortably fit them. I went with a height of 6 so I had something suitable for sales of multiple discs (most sales fall under this). They do have 14x14x2 if you just wanted something for individual disc sales. It is worth noting that you do need to buy in considerable bulk. Typically the minimum is around 25 boxes of one size which is what I went with. I'm actually getting to the point where I will need to order some more soon-ish.

Posted: 18 Aug 2023, 19:52 

Never found the prices on uline to be cheap, will check them out again, when I have bought it was through zoro but will check them out again for my next order.

Always good to have multiple sources in your pocket when you need them.

I have not heard of Zoro until now. I am giving them a look. For the box size I got they are 22 cents more a box for the comparable box at uline and just 3 cents more than the boxes I went with. It was probably overkill but I went with the 200 pound test box and not ECT lightweight. Some other sizes might be cheaper.

Good to know about them as well though.

Posted: 08 Sep 2023, 18:48 

Yeah, someone ran numbers awhile back and it's pretty wild. I would think 90s numbers would be pretty similar the the 2000 number.

Winter 2000: 11 new TV anime
Winter 2010: 26 new TV anime
Winter 2022: 47 new TV anime

Spring 2000: 22 new TV anime
Spring 2010: 42 new TV anime
Spring 2022: 57 new TV anime

Summer 2000: 7 new TV anime
Summer 2010: 29 new TV anime
Summer 2022: 51 new TV anime

Fall 2000: 20 new TV anime
Fall 2010: 36 new TV anime
Fall 2022: 52 new TV anime

Posted: 28 Sep 2023, 19:04 

I almost never sell blu-rays but I got $580 for a couple titles I sold recently. At a certain point things can become worth more to me than having the item. Plus I can rip them first. :D

Posted: 28 Sep 2023, 19:31 

The Alien movies definitely come to mind. Haven't seen them in awhile but I remember preferring the shorter version of one of them for sure.

This can be relevant for anime as well. I really prefer the movie trilogy for the OG gundam over the series these days.

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 00:27 

The Hobbit definitely should have just been one movie. That fan edit sounds intriguing.

Posted: 03 Oct 2023, 23:08 

Glad to see selling them is going well. In my experience the cheap discs do sell as well. Usually to people that buy several at once to bundle shipping.

tl;dr rambling about the original topic which really doesn't matter since the inevitable of selling individually happened.

The problem was always that the only interested buyers in a lot of that magnitude are resellers. No reseller would pay even the $100,000 on a gross value lot of $131,835. By the time you factor in selling fees and shipping there might not even be meat on the bone at a $100,000 buy-in let alone all the time and effort required to sell. That's 75%, not even the most aggressive resale markets with thin margins do that. The highest I've seen is MTG cards where the big dog stores will pay pretty damn well. Video games you would be fortunate to get 40% cash from most places though I could direct anyone to some better options. Most used media ie DVDs/BDs you will get 20% or worse and no store will take LDs of course. I actually think $50,000 would have been extremely fair to take that on and as has been shown by the selling the buyer in this scenario wouldn't have turned a profit over 2 years. We will never know but it intrigues me what a bigger seller would have offered. I would guess under $30,000. When you want maximum value it requires a lot of time and effort while also selling things individually.

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 13:29 

Something I ran into recently is the first couple discs of Witch Hunter Robin have many copies that are dead now. Guessing there was some kind of pressing issue as it seems to impact the 2003 release but NOT 2004. Which do have different UPCs at least. Also notable that only the first two volumes saw immediate re-issues and have two listings for singles. 3-6 just had the one single release outside of collections and I didn't encounter any dead ones.

Posted: 27 Feb 2024, 02:24 

takeshi666 wrote:

Lumagen too expensive for redditors?

Laughed pretty good at this.
Page 11 of 11 [ Search found 272 matches ]