It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 272 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 03 Jan 2020, 17:20 

Tokyo Drifter is another good one from him.

Posted: 03 Jan 2020, 17:22 

This is the quality analysis I come to lddb dot com for.

Posted: 13 Jan 2020, 17:59 

Giant Robo on blu ray tonight. Had to get a hold of RS customer service to get them to ship this and the Galaxy Express tv series. It was being held up by an oos item in the order which had to actually be removed.

Posted: 30 Jan 2020, 16:14 

From the pictures you've posted, I wouldn't worry much at all about finding something as good as or better than that Insignia. You'll be fine when the time comes. Like Zeta said, the Bravias are a good option.

Posted: 30 Jan 2020, 16:23 

I vaguely remember not finishing Oblivion, or maybe it was Elysium. A lot of newer scifi movies blurred together for me. I have it on BD, so there had to be something there that made me interested. My favorite newer sci-fi by miles has been Arrival . Her would be second, though it isn't strictly sci-fi.

Posted: 01 Feb 2020, 20:04 

Space Odyssey and Lawrence of Arabia both look absolutely incredible for any time, let alone when they were filmed. No doubt about it.

Posted: 02 Feb 2020, 14:35 

At that point you might as well just watch the movie. Not saying everyone has to watch the show just that I'm enjoying it. I knew what I was in for.

Posted: 02 Feb 2020, 17:04 

There are good modern movies, they just aren't Marvel movies.

Posted: 06 Feb 2020, 01:52 

deadlegion wrote:
LD is designed for 4:3 screens for the most part, but there are some "squeeze" versions...I'm not sure how many titles are available like that though.

It's a very small number. All squeeze LDs are $$$$$ which is worth noting.

Here is the entire list.

Posted: 06 Feb 2020, 04:11 

A DVDO processor will give you perfect zoom. That's how I deal with letterboxed dvds. Guessing many other stand alone processors would be fine but I've only briefly tinkered with the Lumagen I have and I've only used another processor for game related stuff.

Posted: 09 Feb 2020, 13:24 

Netflix sucks for a lot of reasons. I'd pay $30 for a good blu ray many times over before even considering it.

Posted: 09 Feb 2020, 19:55 

Yep that's Gundam for you. Newtypes are stupid and a terrible crutch. Despite all that I enjoy Gundam.

I finished the first 13 episodes of Galaxy Express. Most were great. Some absolute classic sci-fi here, the Ryuzu and fossil cloud two episodes are fantastic.

Post subject: Re: Gen-lock help please
Posted: 12 Feb 2020, 17:20 

Managed to get a New Old Stock TVOne CS-450 for $100 shipped. Should have offered less I guess, but I'm happy with it.

Posted: 13 Feb 2020, 14:20 

Well they accepted right away and I'm cheap so it makes me think I could have got it for less. But yeah if it works I'm happy with it.

I need to dig in to anidb today and see what I can find. First thing I want to get a subtitle file for is Gunbuster.

I'll happily share anything I can find that is wanted.

Post subject: Re: LD: 2050
Posted: 16 Feb 2020, 03:56 

So I was considering selling an extra working player awhile ago. Then I thought about it more. I have three in good working order and one that likely needs new caps. It just wasn't worth it to me for the little I would get to maybe face a situation where all my players break. Especially now that I can inject subtitles. I say get another for a good price if and when you can.

Posted: 18 Feb 2020, 21:20 

Ugh. I'm getting colored bars transposed over the image. About to dig into the manual but this is not promising. Glad I didn't rush out and buy and LDs.

Edit: Contacted a friend of mine that is knowledgeable and has worked with AV gear his whole career. Based on what I told him (PLL being borked) he says it's completely effed.

He said tvone is s**t and there is a 50% chance it was broken straight from the factory.

More edit: Going on a wild tech support journey with him and this thing IS working, I was able to overlay some b******t without error. Trying to sort where the issue lies now. Weeee.

Got it fully working, watched the first episode of Gunbuster.

Posted: 19 Feb 2020, 01:45 

I got the Gunbuster subs off of the site forper linked to. The tower I'm using is running Windows 98 lol. XP should be fine.

Posted: 22 Feb 2020, 01:12 

A well made composite cable.

Posted: 26 Feb 2020, 21:29 

I need more people out there like odotb3 that don't already have these movies. Please someone buy There's Something About Mary and Meet Joe Black from me. :p

Posted: 27 Feb 2020, 20:58 

rein-o wrote:
Would love to see and own this film but won't pay for it due to price.

Seeing a DVD release of it on bluray.com but I'm sure it's a bootleg. I'd say just dl it.

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Vermont!
Posted: 27 Feb 2020, 21:20 

rick_dangerous wrote:

So how does one do this? You look up a disc on the main site and then click "Add to my collection?"

Is there a faster way? haha

Yep that's it. If there is a faster way I don't know of it.

Posted: 28 Feb 2020, 03:07 

Silent Mobius: The Motion Picture (1991) [PILA-1087]

Wasn't particularly looking to get it, but I snagged it off eBay for $4.24 before shipping. Got subs for it ready to go.

Posted: 28 Feb 2020, 17:34 

https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8898

Basically no. Kurtis Bahr is basically the only guy left and he is so backed up he isn't taking on new work.

The biggest issues compared to video games seem to be the lack of general/public knowledge, replacement parts drying up (like Harlock says you for some you basically have to have duplicate units for parts and hope that part is there and working) and complexity of the work (LD players are much more intricate than just about any game console you could think of).

Posted: 29 Feb 2020, 15:20 

Space Battleship Yamato: TV Part 1 Perfect Collection (1974) [BELL-316]
Yamato: The New Voyage (1978) [128C59-6083~4]
Space Battleship Yamato: The New Voyages [128C59-6014]
Be Forever Yamato (1980) [128C59-6087~8]
Saraba Yamato (1985) [128C59-6085~6]

Got these off YAJ, the 4 individual releases were in the same auction. Trying to figure out the difference between the New Voyage releases. One supposedly has a much longer run time, maybe just extras? The 95 minute run time for the movie is what is listed everywhere online.

In any case I should just need Final Yamato now, short of getting the other series. It would have been nice to get the later releases but for 1000 yen for all 4, I'm not complaining.

Posted: 08 Mar 2020, 17:45 

Schrödinger's laserdisc.
Page 3 of 11 [ Search found 272 matches ]