It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 272 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 09 Mar 2021, 01:29 

I've actually been really getting into his music lately. Was considering the Goblins LD.

Posted: 09 Mar 2021, 19:16 

For anyone that didn't read up on this, it has apparently been available to whole time but a clerical error prevented it from being searchable. Somehow Robert Woodhead discovered it.

And yeah, they should def do 4k.

Posted: 10 Mar 2021, 04:22 

They also fixed the color with the most recent release. The 4K release is incredible and while I haven't seen the LD I've seen enough LD vs good BD or 4K to know it's no contest.

Posted: 20 Mar 2021, 01:56 

Fired up Ghost in the Shell on LD. Great LD, great movie.

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 13:45 

I wouldn't necessarily say DL is lucky. If what you want to do it get deals on video games it is easy enough to do that. Network, make friends and what not. I have a group where the first people we check with if we are getting rid of anything is each other and of course we give each other deals. Give and take.

Back then I did not know anyone that had a 3D0 or CDI for that matter. It was all about Nintendo and sometimes Sony.

Posted: 28 Mar 2021, 13:14 

All my crt monitors aside from the ones I have from old prebuilts were like $5 or free. The best one I have was free on CL (Lacie Electron Blue IV).

Posted: 02 Apr 2021, 20:25 

You can never have too much PC Engine. Won some auctions off YAJ and ended up with a CD unit, Super CDROM2, Core Grafx, several controllers etc

Posted: 07 Apr 2021, 15:56 

Got this pretty fast considering it was sent media mail.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021, 00:25 

Been getting back into City Hunter. Watching a couple episodes before bed on the projector most nights.

Post subject: To-y Bluray
Posted: 16 Apr 2021, 16:50 

I am guessing this will interest some other people here as well...

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/424822

Post subject: Re: To-y Bluray
Posted: 19 Apr 2021, 01:09 

rein-o wrote:
I never thought this would have ever happened.

It's been an INSANE year for things I thought would never happen with anime.

Post subject: MADOX-01 BD
Posted: 26 Apr 2021, 13:55 

Kickstarter will be up on Friday.

Posted: 10 May 2021, 17:58 

eBay has been wanting to get away from Paypal for awhile. I had already practically quit selling there for a number of reasons. By and large I don't need the added audience for most things.

Post subject: Re: Sega Saturn
Posted: 10 May 2021, 18:02 

Games will keep being dumped out of Japan, wouldn't worry about that.

Posted: 05 Jun 2021, 03:52 

May be best off checking on Curt Palme. http://www.curtpalme.com/

Haven't been on the site in years but do see they have a forum, if you can't find anybody I'm sure you can figure how to adjust yourself??
Should be fairly easy once you get the understanding down, or at least that's how it looked when I was considering buying a CRT projector.

It's not difficult. Mounting is another story though.

Posted: 08 Jun 2021, 02:29 

Hajime no Ippo

Basically exactly what I expected. Really well done show. Enjoying it a lot.

Posted: 17 Jul 2021, 14:49 

There is got to be some kind of money laundering scheme behind this, there is no way that anyone with two braincells would spend 1.5 mil on a bloody common title as Mario 64.

Just search up heritage, they have some great stuff going on.........

The are also in cahoots with WATA. The cost to grade a game is dependent upon the "going rate" for which they only use the heritage auction sales for data..

Posted: 28 Jul 2021, 15:48 

Well, I just bought the collection that was posted on here with T-oy in it anyway. Cool thing to have even if there is a blu-ray now.

Posted: 31 Jul 2021, 13:56 

Yes but this won't, the guy was in Japan and is selling the discs and his parents in the USA are shipping them.
That's why they were unbelievably cheap and a fluke situation.

Yeah, I talked to his mom on the phone. She shipped them out the other day and emailed me the tracking numbers. She said she found some more discs not listed in the collection and included them.

Looking forward to getting all this. So many cool LDs here.

Posted: 04 Aug 2021, 15:59 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401112905589981195/872492595413127268/IMG_2747sc.jpg

There were so many more in this lot, but just highlighting these two. The Macross set having the box is super cool, I like it a lot.

Pretty excited about all the music LDs as well, I will add info to the database that is missing from them.

Posted: 09 Aug 2021, 19:56 

I recommend a fully working player that has been thoroughly tested, and acquiring it in way where you don't have to ship. This might sound snarky (not my intention) but as I have acquired more players I am of the belief that pretty much any working player is a good player at this point. I frequently just watch things on my CLD-2080 despite having some better players that are more finicky because it's a tank that has auto-flip. If you are in a location where shipping is basically required (might be, I have no idea about LD player availability in Brazil), I would pick the seller very carefully. You want to buy from someone that has safely shipped many LD players before.

Posted: 10 Aug 2021, 18:45 

watched Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx
slowly watching these but they are nice.

I enjoyed this series. You can tell the source material is manga. Basically just some fun action.

the only problem is that the blood is annoying. I mean it looks like paint and doesn't look right at times but I guess that is what happens to somethings in Hi-Def. Now if I can finish this and then watch rewatch/finish Zatoichi which I have no idea where I left off. glad LW &C is shorter.

Yeah this is one where I could see an older format being more appealing than BD because you really can't help but notice that with BD.

Posted: 16 Aug 2021, 03:19 

Do new DVD players play them anymore???
I had about 3 VCDs in the past year and only have 1 now, all my players play them, even my cheapo bluray player.

While I like substance has posted in a past topic, I seem to stream all my stuff now, once in a while I'll binge and run some LDs and DVDs but not as much as
I used to.
Really get into it when I just want to enjoy some old stuff that I like and don't want to be bothered with ads as I don't pay for my streaming, just free stuff.

Yes I did buy one to try but its cheap and I use it for the DVDs. Won't bother upgrading the films I enjoy that's the main issue.

Plenty of DVD players don't have support for them, or don't list it. Maybe it's possible some players support it even if it isn't labeled as such since it's not exactly important. I have 1 or 2 players that didn't play a VCD I have. Been awhile since I tested that.

Posted: 15 Sep 2021, 14:40 

2nd the LD scene would be great to grow BUT it won't. I remember buying films back in the early oughts for stupid money, I think
I bought the box of Tron on ebay for 50 or 75 since I knew it was cheaper than when buying new, but now its just stupid to think that
unless its a super rare film on LD.
AND China or other countries won't be coming out with LD player clones anytime soon like they do with your famiclone or segaclone.
Since there won't be any new players or format it will never happen in the prices like the games.

Agree. The LD scene is just so minimal compared to the old video game scene.

I could put basically any old video game up for sale on eBay and get it sold in at most a week, possibly within the same day depending on how aggressive I want to be with the price.

Laserdisc? Well I'm trying to get rid of some excess discs... Put one on eBay... 10 views in 2 weeks. Trying to sell some other discs on facebook, basically give away some cheaper ones at $3 each (ie less than the shipping cost for a disc) and have not received a single message. 16 views in 1 week. LD is not remotely in danger of becoming like the video game market, I think that's safe to say. :lol:

Posted: 16 Sep 2021, 20:15 

Makes sense with the new Matrix movie coming out.
Page 8 of 11 [ Search found 272 matches ]