It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 5 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 17:10 

I finally emailed Benedikt out of frustration. I hate to bother the guy but I was really running into a brick wall with this mod. He told me that he makes a special kit for Sony players with a potentiometer to boost the RF signal to the correct level. That all makes perfect sense since my RF waveform looks perfect, it's just too small at .2 volts instead of the required .6 volts. Luckily I want to mod my LX-900 Panasonic as well so I will be ordering another kit from Benedikt with the correct Sony style board and using my current kit in the Panasonic. I will let you all know how it goes after I get the new kit.

Posted: 19 Feb 2018, 04:55 

Good news, I finally have a Sony player with working AC3 audio output. This time the preamp has a good lock on it with nice clear sound. What a hassle this project turned into. Hopefully fixing the built in demodulator in my TA-E9000ES preamp will be as simple as a few bad capacitors. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Post subject: [LA-3500G] AC3 mod
Posted: 05 Sep 2022, 19:00 

Hello all,

After years of searching for a US spec Denon LA-3500 with AC3 I finally gave up and purchased a Japanese Denon LA-3500G with plans of modifying it with a homemade AC3 board. I decided to go with the board designed by ldfan. While procrastinating on the project I found a US spec LA-3500 with AC3. This made finding all of the pickup points much easier. I also compared all of the components in the power supply and confirmed they are exactly the same. This leads me to believe that it's safe to run the J spec 100VAC player on 120VAC. The bridge rectifiers are rated for 200V. The Denon AC3 board appears to be an attempt to keep the LA-3500 up to date. I have documented to the wire colors and what they are for. I was able to duplicate this on my 3500G with a multicolored ribbon cable. There are 5 wires on the factory AC3 board.

Brown- Ground (ground plane of top circuit board)
Red- RF pickup point (base of TR203 transistor)
Orange- +5VDC (CN13A pin 2)
Yellow- -5VDC (CN13A pin 6)
Green- Mute active high (CN13A pin 11)

CN13A connector pinout is located on Pg. 83 of the service manual.

Post subject: Re: Denon LA-3500G AC3 mod
Posted: 05 Sep 2022, 20:36 

Here is a pic of the factory board.

Post subject: Re: Denon LA-3500G AC3 mod
Posted: 05 Sep 2022, 20:43 

Attachment:
My project (2).jpg

A pic of both players side by side.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 5 matches ]