It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Apr 2021, 15:55 

I placed thin machine washers under the clamping arm to raise it slightly, tightened the screws and now it plays every time.
Hopefully this may help someone else in the future.
Thank you for all the replies.

No this just shows you altered it but didn't fix the issue.
These were made to be perfect as is, so there is something inside that is wrong, possibly bent or moved and you just compensated
to make it work as is but didn't technically fix it.

I'm glad it works but again you still have some type of issue that needs to be addressed, possibly a bent bracket or
even, this is just a guess the platter has slid down on the motor??

Had that issue with a CD player once that Grasshopper fixed for me.

Posted: 14 Apr 2021, 18:18 

I've rebuilt small electric motors. Some were successful. Some not. Any particular reason this shouldn't be successful? This motor's housing has a lip/ridge where the back plate rests.

Honestly I have no idea, I've never done this to these types of motors and only know what I've read in the past or when I talked
with some techs many, many years ago.

Also when the tech were doing this they had access to actual parts and just dropped another one in and forgot about the old one.
We don't have those extra parts and only can salvage them from other players with bad issues hopefully not motor issues but other stuff.

I too can't see why it wouldn't work and saw you posted in the other topic and that's the furthest I've ever seen anybody doing this.

But keep us posted. :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: To-y Bluray
Posted: 18 Apr 2021, 15:27 

I never thought this would have ever happened.

Post subject: Re: To-y Bluray
Posted: 19 Apr 2021, 03:42 

Wonder if its due to covid.

Being shut down for a year with most of these people getting no money and now they decide they have to cash in.

Was watching Sunday morning news about Rick Steves today, he still has his people on payroll for the past year, not all can or will do that.

Reminds me of those people who always say I'll never sell, but they can't live forever.
Bought a painting 2-3 months ago, was from a state fair/showing, has the original tag on the back saying not for sale, well I guess they died and
the kids sold it.

Now we need an official release of Midori........ or do we?

Posted: 20 Apr 2021, 14:36 

I picked up the DVD of Brazil, wanted the theatrical release as that's what I remember growing up and watched on early USA LD
but it seems the possible only way to get the theatrical version is on bluray, the criterion on DVD and Bluray are all the directors cut and or the love conquers all.

Its almost a perfect film for what's going on today, make sure you have those correct forums......

My LD in our bedroom is a 503 and slips during spinup so my only place to watch LDs is downstairs but I have too much work that I can't focus on films
just have to be playing in the background with my downstairs setup now.

Posted: 20 Apr 2021, 17:58 

My guess is the motor or table that holds the disc has moved or slid down somehow.

If they have no prior knowledge to repair LD players then its the same if you do the repairs.

Pics with the top off and wait for others to comment and help before you jump in, these are nice players and are easier to fix than
older ones since the electronics are smaller inside and you have more room to work inside.

Posted: 27 Apr 2021, 16:44 

OMG I though this was a new type of deli meat slicer before I read your post :lol:

Post subject: Re: I hate google
Posted: 27 Apr 2021, 16:46 

This is why I never let google save any of my passwords, never got the feeling it was a good idea and sort of glad I never did.

Sorry to hear and good luck getting a recovery.

Posted: 30 Apr 2021, 21:42 

This is a shame as these are nice single sided players.

Can you post what the issues may be??
My LDS1 I believe is slipping on startup and won't play some discs, was told the rubber may need a cleaning as that could help.

But do any repairs at your own risk.

Posted: 01 May 2021, 00:08 

キキとララの青い鳥

kiki and lala blue bird

Posted: 01 May 2021, 19:48 

I don't know what could go wrong with a 3070 in shipping but if it really works and is packed well you should be fine.

Trouble is a lot of resellers are just testing with CD or not even testing at all and just trying their luck.

I run a 3070 and love it, there are newer easier to fix player but again not too many parts left.
If you didn't pay much for that 3030 and plan on getting another 3030 or 3070 you may think about keeping for spare parts????

C++ Has more knowledge about repairs and is on the forum, kurtis is sometimes on here, not as much as in the past but I know one
or both should have some players to sell?????

Posted: 02 May 2021, 00:52 

yeah there was a post in the past about the transit screw not being a deal on the 3070, it may have even been Kurtis who posted it.
Was a long time ago.

Never knew about the gear is that something new that's happening to them since they are even older players now???

Posted: 02 May 2021, 16:01 

Well....... I can't remember :lol:

I know it was on some LD and DVD but no idea which had it.

Just looked and since its under the USA disc I'm pretty sure that was the only LD release that had the statue, its possible on the Japanese LD
but not sure.

EDIT::: EDIT::::: EDIT:::::::

Just looked on ebay and there are lots of USA copies for cheap, one is in the UK for 13 bucks so may be worth the risk to just buy the
USA release on LD from the UK???

Posted: 10 May 2021, 22:44 

The best thing above all else is that it features a talking loaf of bread who is a superhero. Never forget that. :mrgreen:
Noel's Fantastic Trip (1983) [AH007-2510]
This one is trippyer, should be able to find a copy cheap, I think I picked up my copy for 10 plus shipping but it does have some slight rot
but well worth it, watched it a few times.

Posted: 11 May 2021, 15:00 

Well I can tell you now that if anybody ever asks a question they will never bid or buy, in my experience its 99.9% tire kickers with no bids or offers, so
any question is pretty much a waste of time.

I disagree, it used to be the other way around, you could make good money on ebay, even buying stuff directly off of ebay and selling it the next week
after you received it, but in the past 7 years is when it really changed that you do it part time and have a real job on the side.
But then again I signed up around 1999 and started selling pretty much as soon as I could figure out the picture uploads.

Posted: 13 May 2021, 23:37 

WAR BUS.
That's a rare one, not sure if its on bluray yet but no DVD.
Last order I tried to get one but it sold for over 50 not counting shipping, hope you got a good deal on it.

Posted: 16 May 2021, 02:11 

well :oops: I see it now that the Japanese released are the 111 minute version of the film, so I guess these are the USA theatrical versions.

Posted: 18 May 2021, 00:02 

All I know is that apple won't get any of my money.

Posted: 18 May 2021, 16:01 

Wonder if the disc is somehow slipping, I would take the top off and see what its doing.

See if the laser is moving or anything, don't touch anything just see what it is or isn't doing.

Posted: 18 May 2021, 22:23 

Its nice to get your stuff back together and up and running.

I have most of it all setup but the projector and full size TV aren't ready for the sofa experience, well neither is the sofa...
Just a wall mount 23 inch in the office/dining room to enjoy whatever I need to watch for the past 4 years :cry:

Posted: 19 May 2021, 00:03 

This is at your own risk.

I just had this problem actually today.
My LD-S1 was giving me trouble for the past few years, some discs wouldn't play and some were fine.
So I finally unplugged it to take it upstairs to my work room, took the top off and saw the clamping was fine,
my guess was that it was slipping.

Anyway looked at the laser and saw it looked a little foggy to me so I took the risk and was very careful to clean it
and its fine now.

I guess years of being on the planet built up a film on the laser.

I used a qtip, don't use alcohol and don't press too hard BUT do this at your own risk.
I used window cleaner and have been told that is a good thing to use BUT do this at your own risk.

I'm no tech and this is my best guess from reading your post fast and having a similar issue.
If you could post a video others may be able to help more before you start trying stuff.

Also it could be a centering issue, did you try playing a CD, if thats fine then I would look into the cleaning issue.

Posted: 19 May 2021, 22:20 

Just picked this up, no its not an LD but it sure looks amazing, almost like a sega game cover.
Teddanson how am I beating you to trashy films :lol:
Its still sealed so i'll be the first to open and watch this film.

Posted: 27 May 2021, 15:17 

Nothing like having american psycho on top of your expensive infinity's,

Posted: 28 May 2021, 22:23 

yeah, DVD really lacks the most in the audio area, I just picked up a DVD of Flash Gordon speaking of Hodges, and it sounds like there is a
compressor on the audio of the DVD over the LD.

I never saw the full Croupier and I think that really put Owen on the map but then either he or his agent made some really bad choices and
he sort of fell off the face of the film world, hes done stuff but its nothing important.

Posted: 31 May 2021, 15:25 

You should just watch the documentary of the walk, its much better and no fake bad french accent.
Page 16 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]