It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 19 Jul 2019, 15:28 

Is this with all discs???
I know that I have this issue with all players when trying hard to read discs like Discovision.
So is it possible that its a bad disc?

Also could it be the laser going?

Posted: 22 Jul 2019, 14:49 

I don't normally offer payment for this is a voluntary situation.

WOW so Criterion, Eureka and 88 Films sound like a bunch of cheap fu--s.
I'm not doing work for you or them for free.

They only pay the film companies and then don't get all the material they need and then make fans like us to do the work
for free. :thumbdown:

Posted: 24 Jul 2019, 00:00 

confederate wrote:
Does anybody seriously think that Criterion is making a lot of money with some of its releases ?

If they weren't making money they wouldn't be releasing films.
Its a business and they are making more money than you and me combined.

If you think differently then you are lying to yourself.

Posted: 26 Jul 2019, 01:00 

Oh man, if I had it you would be buying it for 400.
I've seen some copies on ebay. Your other option is Yahoo Japan.

Posted: 31 Jul 2019, 13:30 

Don't start tweeking your player to think you can play a rotted disc better, you may be killing your laser so you can play your 2 dollar movie.

There are no parts left and we can't be tweeking these lasers past their factory specs so you can play ALIEN.
Its not like you are trying to watch some important film that is only available on LD and there are no masters around to make a 4K scan.

Posted: 16 Aug 2019, 00:16 

I personally would avoid the DVL’s because it doesn’t make sense to me to have what constitutes an “average” LaserDisc and DVD player in one.

I know others will disagree but I highly doubt that Pioneer bothered to put a crap LD player into this new DVD format
to make a combi player.

They would have tried to keep prices down but put as good of a player as possible as they didn't think they
were going to end LDs for some time after and the first run of DVDs were really not very good.

I remember getting one of those laser newsletters back in the day with reviews of Priscilla Queen Of The Desert.
The LD was given a better review than the DVD as they were both released at the same time.

Post subject: Re: Value of Laserdisks
Posted: 20 Aug 2019, 22:15 

Wow I think I need to do a video of what is collectible and what people should be buying.

If you want a rare set then you need to pickup the Astroboy box set I have for sale in my shop, its harder to find that many other LD titles
and the series hasn't been released on DVD or Bluray as of yet in Japanese language or complete as the LD is.

I’ve been interested in that same set you’ve had for sale for YEARS. If it’s so worth what you are asking then why won’t anyone buy it?

Also, the set is, IIRC, no longer considered “complete” if for no other reason than at least one episode exists only in the NBC version. The Snow Lion, I think it’s called. They put it on the back side of the US ver of Legend of the Forest. It’s still one of the greatest LD sets ever made.
Yeah, its missing 4 or 5 episodes? They are around in English but I don't know if they were changed other than language.
I found out which are missing, but they are missing from all time not just forgotten from that set.

Easy to answer why nobody is buying it, it was released in 1990 just 9 years too early for the collectard fools. :yawn:

Now if I had bought boxes of 6th day rather than this boring old set I would have been able to make more than a few grand :wtf:
BTW I was grocery shopping last week and saw 6th day for sale, but it was only the DVD and it was 5 bucks :yawn:

Posted: 21 Aug 2019, 14:50 

I would brush, I've never used the stuff.
There is someone on ebay selling new cut rings but I've never tried them.
Remove clean and then try your new option.
Good luck.

Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian
Posted: 28 Aug 2019, 16:45 

Hey, Reagan liked Star Wars!

I remember reading about star wars, talking about who was more f'ed up, star wars fans or trek fans.
SW won hands down.

Posted: 07 Sep 2019, 15:19 

While I use google all the time, I do hope new people will start using them when asking about which belt or remote goes with which players.

Posted: 09 Sep 2019, 16:38 

Lots of these discs have been sitting in shops for years, is it possible to post a date of when it was added
so others can see how long something has been sitting in a shop for pennies or thousands of dollars.

Unless this is there already and you could explain on how to see that.

Would love to see how long some of these higher priced discs have been sitting in shops publicly, even mine.
Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Capturing PCM from LD
Posted: 10 Sep 2019, 13:53 

Yeah, I'm ready to go golfing in public parks with you forper.

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:00 

You aren't going to get rid of the smell 100% unless you can clean the player 100%.

Best options are to get some type of cleaner solution and wipe down the entire outside of player and take the top off and wipe the
inside of the metal casing.

Then you have the chip board and parts, I would try to wipe down as much as possible and hope for the best.
Unless you decide to make some type of box to fit the player in with baking soda and let it sit inside said box OR
wash all the inside somehow you won't get rid of the smell 100% but it will mostly be gone.

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:41 

I haven't had a 99 but I'll buy it too.
Not going to give you mint price since it stinks and will need to be cleaned.

Posted: 15 Sep 2019, 02:48 

I wonder if forper's meds haven't kicked in yet, always talking about no friends, OK we aren't friends in the sense but we are friendly
and I will still bring the napkins.

Posted: 16 Sep 2019, 21:00 

sixersfan1 wrote:
It’s not dead yet! :D

Good :clap: Lets keep it that way :lol:

Post subject: Re: My MUSE LD collection
Posted: 19 Sep 2019, 17:42 

Alive and dying??

That's one of the best lines in this film and I've even used it in person.
Last Remake of Beau Geste, The (1977) [16-005]

Posted: 21 Sep 2019, 14:25 

Well I actually had this type of situation YEARS ago.

I contacted both buyers and told them that I would refund shipping but that they should send them BOTH back to me.
This was early on with ebay and they both refused the package so I did't get hit with extra shipping, I then repacked and send them to correct places.

BUT we are dealing with this situation and I feel that Buyer that didn't pay who has product
should be outed by the seller to show that the seller was doing in good faith.

As above broken disc buyer should just go away, they have their refund and nothing, so it goes.

Posted: 22 Sep 2019, 14:51 

Well buyer B is a thief and I want to know who that is so I don't get ripped off.

Posted: 27 Sep 2019, 19:48 

I like the option to show how long people have been trying to "sell" these "rare" discs and how many are truly interested in purchasing them rather
than to just "like" said disc or object in their fantasy world.

Wow, I just got back and see that this is over 3 pages.
Guess the "real sellers" are upset about such an idea.

I just want to see how long a disc sits in my shop on LDDB and when I have it listed both here and ebay and when I have to come
here to remove said sold disc.

Its nice to see people who are buying these items from estates and then trying to make 2 bucks off it and how may are truly interested
in buying said items.

Seems like the used media collectards are going away or collecting only because they remember grandpa had them or spoke highly of them.

Lets truly see how many we sell and if its really worth the risk or effort to keep these high pre-crash prices going strong into the next
decade.

Posted: 27 Sep 2019, 22:03 

And sharpness may be too high as well as any other video enhancers.

Posted: 29 Sep 2019, 03:35 

Yes, the Galaxy Express 999 movie is Discotek, nice pressing but not like the LD, one of the few that I will keep both the LD and DVD.
I know enough of the story since I watched the LD movie many times over the years but don't know enough Japanese to understand it all.

Would love to figure out how to rip the subs off DVDs and then do a genlock thing with those.
Or even a separate TV below a projector to watch the LD and play the ripped DVD subs rather than get a real genlock and computer etc.

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 03:02 

Still trying to get time and watch the Macross 7 boxes I picked up, if they aren't my taste I'll put them in my shop for 10 years at a reasonable price :lol:

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 14:10 

Have never seen a star trek episode or movie.
Which movie would you recommend me to watch first to see if its for me or not?

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE ANYMORE.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like with anything start with the beginning, if its not your thing still get through it and go onto next series or movies
and then find out if you really like it.

Posted: 03 Oct 2019, 15:31 

je280 Just want to make sure you see as it took me a few minutes to see.
That block of Kanji after Laserdisc on the top.

I'm sure all the samples have that.

Also wanted to post this for others as its not easy to notice that block of Kanji for non Japanese readers.
Page 5 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]