It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 13 Jun 2023, 18:55 

What type of HD is this?? I know when I slammed my laptop once I SOL the hard drive and had to replace it, I opted for the cheaper one which was fine but
if you can't fix or get it back to working I would focus on the SSD types.

I wonder if you just have to go in and delete one or two of the files to then give it more space to not be stuck??
Hope someone else can help, I know enough to get in trouble with computers :lol:

Posted: 17 Jun 2023, 17:12 

Are you playing the correct LDs, are the LDs NTSC and the player is NTSC or is it a PAL player with NTSC discs?
I don't remember as much from what I've read in the past but I think they did combo players but that only worked on the DVD part?

Also try playing a CD, if that works then others can help from there.

Posted: 18 Jun 2023, 03:04 

Nope, if your player is NTSC you will need NTSC discs, it just won't play.
On a positive note there are very few if any PAL discs worth it to own so you aren't really missing out.

Post subject: Re: LDDB Missing Titles
Posted: 14 Jul 2023, 16:16 

I was searching and at first it wasn't coming up, may be an issue?? But I did also misspell the first time.

Found these after searching "quest" then going to pages with J first.
Then typing Jonny quest I found them again, but yes it didn't show up for the first 2-3 trys.

https://www.lddb.com/search.php?search=jonny+quest&sort=title

Posted: 16 Aug 2023, 17:37 

Good luck with the sales, Old packing is fine, just like you said make sure you seal all.
My main issue when using old packing is to protect the corners, you may need the extra inside as you mention or even a piece around the entire outside like
a wrap of cardboard.

If you have an aldi or Lidle near by they often have some nice large boxes that you can reuse the larger pieces of cardboard.

The biggest pain for selling LDs is the packing of them, its much easier to buy :lol:

Posted: 18 Aug 2023, 19:04 

Never found the prices on uline to be cheap, will check them out again, when I have bought it was through zoro but will check them out again for my next order.

Always good to have multiple sources in your pocket when you need them.

Posted: 23 Aug 2023, 16:23 

Oh man, haven't heard of that title in a few years.
Laserbite used to watch the s**t out of that film, posted a bunch of info about it.
Try to use the search and see if he posted anything, I'll see what I can find out.

Posted: 24 Aug 2023, 19:08 

Yeah I just bought a copy, didn't have it and don't see a DVD release, may not have searched long enough.
But I took the risk to get it, not sure if it will have that CDS on the LD and actually never heard of it before until you posted it so I'm sort of excited
even if I don't have a surround setup.

Posted: 25 Aug 2023, 00:06 

:lol: After my last post I did a search and could only find DVD-R copies.

Did search after your first post about the CDS and its interesting, sort of remember seeing Dick Tracy in the theaters but didn't know anything about the audio,
also it was a dumpy theater in NYC, I doubt it would have had the audio for the CDS.

Big thanks again to you ted, you post a bunch of weird stuff that I haven't seen or heard of or get me at the right time to buy an LD when I've decided
for the past year to never get another LD again :lol:

Post subject: Re: How do I invoice??
Posted: 14 Sep 2023, 15:05 

When I used to sell here, I would send a message to the email I received to make sure all is correct.

Its not super easy but if you do get the sales then that's what you have to do.
Glad to hear you have had a sale, hope they all go smoothly.

Posted: 16 Sep 2023, 19:52 

Ah finally a topic about films and not just how someone spent 400 dollars on killer klowns from outer space or how do I fix my S-201 again.

There are way too many films like this, in recent times I've been trying to get the theatrical versions of some films since they haven't been re-released
on newer formats, probably due to the copyrights or something like that.

Dune is a great example, but I do have to say I do like the longer version better than the shorter, but haven't seen either in years so may watch that
shorter one in the next few weeks as I do enjoy the film much more after reading the book.

Highlander, while only a few minutes longer doesn't really add much at all to the story.

Most of the time its only 3-10 minutes longer. I think its more of a recent issue where they started adding hours to the films to make them
as a pitch to sell more, see it in the theater then buy the longer DVD, sort of something I would pull to make more money ;)

I know there are some scenes extended in the Conan film but never saw the longer version, nor do I need to.

There are others, like Alien, Aliens, T2 like Substance mentioned, but I personally can't watch T2 anymore, used to love that film
but now I see its too focused on kids, maybe since I've grown up I don't need to see them anymore?

Post subject: Re: Power supply and watts
Posted: 18 Sep 2023, 16:21 

If the schematics say you can then its OK if not then no.
These are made to specific electronic standards.
Some capacitors can be changed, microfarad values need to be exact. Voltages can't be lower than originals.

Posted: 27 Sep 2023, 01:16 

From those listings none that I can see, lucky that both are very close to the same price.
I guess it all depends on if you want a large black bar across the top of the cover or not.

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 00:19 

This is nothing of your fault, its a cool thing to see but when you have a doorknob who looks like a clone of Kenny Loggins and doesn't know
much about LDs I want to see him crash and burn.
I think any of us have forgot more about LDs that Kenny 2.0 will ever know, I wouldn't even have the courage to do a video about
LDs, I don't know enough.

YES.
I tried to delete this post because, thanks to Linus, it had inaccurate information in it. I pride myself on NEVER putting inaccurate stuff anywhere on the internet because there are tons of it out there on every topic known. The problem was I did not know enough about Laser material to know he got a couple of things wrong. As you can see by the few posts I have made, I am HARDLY a troublemaker.

Looking at it, despite the complaints, the misinformation is still on here. Maybe an admin SHOULD take this whole thing down for the next newbie who will watch the vid, and be slightly misinformed. Don't worry. I will not try to dilute it with random things again.

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 00:22 

There are a bunch of M holders out there, some are 3d printed and may or may not be great, I don't have any players but have heard stuff
so be careful on those.

I think if you have the one issue you may need to move the worm gear back to get the laser back into position?
I have read posts about that, so make sure that is your issues before you try it and fix it.
I'm no tech just trying to remember what I've read.
Good luck.

Edit: I don't have any players that use M-holders :oops: I have LD players :ugeek:

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 00:34 

Oh yeah, Aliens, when you cut those scenes shorter with newt its better, used to like the extended cut but the pacing is better.
Did they ever release the first Alien with the cocoon scenes intact? I've only ever seen the LD box set and never had any DVDs or anything of that film.

Just picked up the LOTR theatrical cuts, I've never seen the 2nd and 3rd theatrical only those extended versions, but now it would be interesting to see them
cut shorter.
I doubt I could read one of those books a day, I know I'm a slow reader but that would be a feat.

Posted: 29 Sep 2023, 16:44 

chrisw6atv wrote:

My latest Laser Disc (in late September 2023) is Manhattan. I decided I should have it because it is the first letterboxed/widescreen Laser Disc released,

Maybe in the USA.

Posted: 01 Oct 2023, 15:38 

Those are some classic films, no matter who released the first widescreen I'm glad people got a clue and embraced this important issue on home theater formats.

Posted: 02 Oct 2023, 16:58 

I was happy with a stand alone DVD recorder, very easy and your discs look just like the LD, as long as your LD player is of good quality.
Then once on a DVD you can download to your computer.

Posted: 02 Oct 2023, 17:01 

Glad to hear you are piecemealing them out, you will always profit from that more than a bulk sale.

Its much easier to buy then it is to sell things like this off.

Posted: 03 Oct 2023, 14:43 

Don't adjust anything, I believe from what I've read this is one of a handful of players that have a coating on the laser itself
DO NOT USE ALCOHOL to clean the laser.

Make sure this is not a user error before you start to adjust stuff, it could be your cables, it could be dirty contacts.
Ghosting depending on how bad you see it is normal on Laserdisc, if its major like old TV then its your cables.

You just paid XX for a player that originally cost 400,000Y this would have been close to 3500 back in the day, with
inflation today this is almost 8000.00 US dollars.

DO NOT DESTROY THIS PLAYER since it doesn't look as good as a bluray player.

I've seen too many who have destroyed perfectly good players on this forum.
I'm no tech but don't destroy it.

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 03:00 

The remote did, in fact, work! Thank you krbahr, for the good information!!!!

Of course, now the picture on the player keeps blacking out. It's always something, right? Currently searching for repair options.

Is your player connected to your TV?
I've only ever had the black out from connection to a computer.

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 03:03 

It’s the changes in display. If you were still using an SD CRT you’d still see huge differences in players. The process of digitizing everything and converting it to HD more or less puts every player in the same ball park.

Not to disagree, but why would a low res crt which generally tends to be very forgiving to issues with a source in this case reveal more?

Because LD was an analog format and you can really tell the differences between players and discs with the same SD CRT set.
Even if you had an SD projector you can really tell, not as much with newer LED, LCD or other sets, I've never had a plasma but heard they
were the best for LD playback after CRT.

Even cables made a huge difference when running through CRTs

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 20:48 

Can you back up the DVD on your PC to an MKV and play that back without any issues?
Haven't tried, it was only 7 bucks but it sucks, both discs actually freeze up, almost like what I've read and seen videos about HD DVD.

I've already bought another copy but will check this one on my upstairs DVD player.
Just very odd, but I sort of remember years ago when I first bought a DVD player that I had issues with the Disney Dumbo?
It may have been their first pressing plants used :think:

Posted: 06 Oct 2023, 21:00 

Wonder if that composite video jack on the back is faulty from the TV, they don't focus on that as much anymore
since its all HDMI. Could be a few things, but as zeta said about the CRT, you should never have major lags of black image
on a CRT but could on these, I don't want to say off brand but can't think of another word right now.

Do you have something else to plug into that video in, like a DVD or VCR to see if you get the black image???
Page 26 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]