It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 23 Dec 2013, 05:41 

this is a review for the 3 box sets of: Star Trek the original series.
Star Trek: Original Series log.1 (1967) [PILF-1615]
Star Trek: Original Series log.2 (1968) [PILF-1581]
Star Trek: Original Series log.3 [PILF-1711]

wow, these boxes are massive and amazing.

the first log has the pilot in color on one disc with a special program to start star trek the next generation.
each episode is put into production order not broadcast order.

each episode has the trailer for the next show right after the credits.
the final disc in each box has all episode trailers on one disc for that season.
the color booklets are amazing with great pictures, but all in Japanese.

one channel is English and the other is Japanese.
for some scenes the dialog will be in English on both channels and there will be Japanese subtitles.
but this only happens on a few minutes of the episodes when they are talking about philosophy or other situations.

Opening titles for the first season are really damaged, but the episodes in all 3 seasons are in great condition with no major issues and are very enjoyable.

I believe blam1 said that they were all season 3 titles on the discs, but on that extra disc you see the
Correct season opening titles.

If you love Star Trek and can afford or find these boxes get them.
Shipping from Japan is not cheap, so your best bet is to find them locally and enjoy them.

Posted: 06 Feb 2014, 00:53 

Rolling Thunder (1991) [PILF-2019]

this is a great one.
done as a post apocalyptic film, has uncle Robbie telling stories to the kids about how it used to be before
it was too hot and polluted outside.

now they live in a cave and he tells the young mates about how it used to be surfing.

if you like films like endless summer then you must own this one.
from what i could find it was not released on DVD due to copyrights with all the music in the film.
some of the performers are:
metallica, pixies, deee-lite, sisters of mercy, happy mondays, merchants of venus, the heart throbs and Midnight oil.

lots of amazing footage of real surfers.
full screen 1.33 open matte or just academy ratio.
in english with Japanese subtitles.
if you can find it pick up a copy :thumbup:

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1525687_422633967867583_851347307_n.jpg

Posted: 04 Jul 2014, 02:59 

I believe the CLD-95 is based on the CLD-3080.
I own a 3070 and can't be happier with it, I am looking for a 3080 to compare, as its a nice looking player.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1525687_422633967867583_851347307_n.jpg

Posted: 21 Jul 2016, 14:12 

I believe at the time it was all SONY electronics that had the faulty capacitors.
There were other SONY products that my father owned with the dying caps.

Just think, i own 2 pre 1989 PIONEER LD players and they still work fine with the same picture quality.

Posted: 16 Mar 2017, 03:57 

Reminds me of a CED buyer that came onto the market just when i had some CEDs to sell about 6 years ago.

Only negative feedback i ever received from ebay over the past 14 years was from 1 CED.

Guy would pull the, it doesn't play can i get a partial refund deal, super major scammer and cursed all over the place.
Really hate this type of stuff from new collectors, we need new collectors but they do need to know the limits of LD and the available stock.

Post subject: Re: AC-3 setup problem
Posted: 17 Aug 2017, 03:11 

I don't own one of these but that fuse clip is only one side, if there were another side you would be connecting a fuse.

So now you have 2 power converters and still not working, I would check as zeta says that you are receiving the power inside the unit.
You can check this out with a multi meter, I'm sure you can even take both to where you bought the maplin and they will test it if you say their unit is faulty.

And as zeta asked, did you by chance accidentally plug this into your amp or something??? that could have popped something inside???

Posted: 29 Aug 2017, 17:34 

I know that most of us still miss Disclord/Ty and his knowledge, he forgot more than we will ever know.

But one thing has been on my mind recently, what ever happened to his collection.
I know he had a lot of players, once he posted a picture with what looked like over 15-20 players.
He had some other rare discs and while I can't remember how many he had I wouldn't be shocked to find out he had over 5000 discs.

So back to the title which sums it all up. Did anybody get his collection, or is it out there with non LD lovers :think:

Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 04:25 

Can't remember if I've bought from him in a while.
Ebay is now always siding with the buyer, so get ready for a wild ride.
I hope it goes well for you.

And keep those messages in the ebay mailbox so you can use them against him, ebay doesn't like this type of stuff.

Posted: 05 Oct 2017, 15:15 

You should be able to try and get the negative removed due to him leaving it too soon.
Its all phone issues and you will always need to talk to the supervisors.

Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 03:02 

Ah this reminds me of when I sold my SP-D07
They buyer was a big time seller of electronics and tried to pull a fast one, he bought it and I forgot to say if it needed a transformer.
So he wanted a partial refund to purchase the transformer.
Somehow I got away with it and didn't have to refund but then again this was about 10 years ago and I can't say for sure who the buyer was.

There are so many scams that I forgot most of them but one can always pull them now on ebay.

Posted: 11 Oct 2017, 21:42 

I just want to post who this is in case we didn't do this earlier.

Ebay ID: theultimateshoppingcenter

This is a massive situation and he is trying to keep the player from this scam, I know how this one works, someone tried this with me years ago.
The LD market is very small and he shouldn't be pulling this type of thing.

I really wonder if he is on LDDB, if he is he should be removed as this is a massive scam.

Posted: 12 Oct 2017, 14:57 

Like above.
I sometimes have to take stuff into different rooms to get more or less glare.
This is an experiment and its not like we can control the sun or light bulbs giving off the glare and say HEY LIGHT STOP THAT.

Posted: 12 Oct 2017, 22:24 

Oops, that was a typo.
Can't LOL

But it was sort of a joke, how can we be in the day and age that we are in and not figure out how to take a good picture.
All you need is to spend 20 minutes and you can pretty much figure it out, or maybe not :crazy:

Posted: 19 Oct 2017, 22:17 

Well this just shows us that we now have a new LD tech FEDEX :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll send my broken player to myself and I'll receive it working :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you got it back and now you'll have to figure out on selling it again or just keeping due to the fools out there.

Posted: 20 Oct 2017, 18:17 

About 2 weeks ago I recently sold a pipe and the fool returned it said it didn't fit.
:wtf: It didn't fit into his mouth :crazy:

This is just the new scams that people can pull on ebay for partial refunds.
Also if you can, you can bust him with ebay by contacting them and say that he wanted a partial refund.
eBay doesn't like sellers to give partial refunds as they know the scam.

Good luck and slam him if you can with ebay, just spend the extra 20 min and call them to tell them.

Posted: 22 Oct 2017, 16:08 

I have seen this on bootleg DVDs that are actually PAL but transferred improperly to NTSC.

So it could be something like that?? try removing the device like invenio says and see what happens.

Post subject: Re: Laserdisc vs DVD
Posted: 25 Oct 2017, 17:04 

Any format has issues from the people involved in transfers.

Post subject: Re: CLD-R7G Arrived!
Posted: 27 Nov 2017, 01:11 

I agree with Kurtis, Substance and others who have posted great points.

Right now we are dealing with the super tail end of the death of Laserdisc and we have to consider what the best players are but also what are the best "working" players.

Someone who has a working S201 will beat any broken X0 player period.

We have to figure out that we are no longer in a day of CRT domination and in a day of no more parts.
When considering to buy a player for 1500 dollars, yen or even euro you must understand that the lifespan of that player is going to be very limited at best.

And my comments above were about using S-Video on a CRT and both being top of the line TV and player.
Now if I had to use composite I would take a 95 over an R7G as the R7G would be just like a super fast flipping version of a lower model player using yellow video composite.

For my setup now I have older players that I personally am happy with, are the top of the line, for back in the day they were top or top 4 but now they are not.

Anybody that is willing to spend the crazy money on players or discs I want to thank you as you may one day buy some of my discs when I cycle through them :D

Posted: 30 Nov 2017, 16:40 

R7G has a different ring on the spindle and won't slip.
Made out of a white material rather than the black ring.

Posted: 15 Dec 2017, 01:46 

WOW I must have not really been into anime when I was younger, or I really didn't care about this title.
Never really heard of it, name is familiar but who kind of cares.

Eyes are just too much in a bad way, why did they have to do that.

I remember a time when I used to like movies.....

Post subject: Re: Skipping Demo Disc
Posted: 30 Dec 2017, 16:59 

While I have little experience with GM discs, I have had some and there is a lot of info out there to give you an idea that you can play them on regular players but
they will play slightly differently than regular LDs.

Also if you are skipping and repeating then I would say it could be that scratch as discs play from the inside out, and also there could be some other type of dirt on your disc.

Older DV discs do have some trouble playing on all players, so it could be perfect in another player.

Posted: 09 Jan 2018, 03:41 

I'm still unpacking, once I find that orguss I'll try to post a picture.
The sleeve is very thin, much thinner than the US sleeves.

Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 15:16 

Very sad to hear.
I know that Laserbite did have the heart attack mini stroke.
Its sad to hear as like you have posted above about his information that he knew about home theater etc. but there was a lot of litter posts.

While I do feel that some of the new topics were a little our there, I also feel that a lot of the same topics from the newer crowd are very aggravating asking a lot
of the same questions over and over again.

There is no justification if LB went over the deep end but hopefully he will get back on track.

Post subject: Re: Blade Runner 2049
Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 04:12 

Rein-o is correct. I was referring to the Criterion Collection and specifically the CAV release: Blade Runner: Special Edition #19 (1982) (Uncut) [CC1120L]

Definitely a must own.

I will have to go back and watch the scene more closely to see what you mean.
Since you have the CAV still step it and you will notice, its pretty weird that so many have picked apart that film but to my knowledge nobody has ever mentioned it before.

I only ever bought the CLV but when it was new and I think it cost a mini fortune then, about 50 bucks if I remember correctly.
But it was the only way to get it in widescreen and I remember my father reading reviews about it before we bought our LD player
and they were amazed at how you could actually see the rain drops compared to the VHS where they said it was all blur in the review.

Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 16:44 

Well, if you need something like this to be spelled out to you then you are in the wrong collecting hobby.
Good luck with your collections of cheap stuff :thumbup:
Page 1 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]