It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Sony MDP 650D
Posted: 27 Feb 2019, 13:35 

Probably belt, even if the belts look OK it can still be worn out enough to case an issue.
And worn is not the right word, more of losing the strength and it loosens a little and doesn't grip as much.

If its cheap enough and you are willing to take the risk, its all up to you.

Posted: 28 Feb 2019, 17:21 

Oh, then you start messing with it its yours.
Either return it or its yours.
If I sold you something like that I would never take it back after you start messing with it.
That's why they used to have those stickers on some electronics to void warranty.

Posted: 01 Mar 2019, 16:11 

I want to maximize my return.
Good luck with this one.

And, I don't want them sitting posted here for months and months and months.
And this one too.

Ebay will be your fastest method of unloading such a product.

Its not like you can setup at a fleamarket and expect anybody to pay you more than .50 cents each.

Man when I look at some of the CDs I've bought over the past few years for 1-3 dollars and think what people actually paid for these.
I've been looking at these Looney Tunes Golden Age DVDs.
A person just listed and sold the lot of 6 DVD volumes on ebay BIN for 65 bucks, she posted that her husband bought them new and
never watched them :sick:

Do you realize that these cost 50 bucks each new at Best Buy.

Good luck, if you don't want to deal with shipping you may be well off with craigslist too.

Posted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:10 

Could possibly be 1 of 2 things.
Dirt on the disc or a manufacturing defect somehow.

Or :? Laser is dying???? I believe you would notice it all the time with that one.

Post subject: Re: How about a Discord ?
Posted: 21 Mar 2019, 00:00 

signofzeta wrote:
Oh I for sure don’t want it then. :)

Voice...can you imagine?

Tripletopper :silent:

Post subject: Re: Volcano (1997) PAL
Posted: 23 Mar 2019, 14:31 

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of PAL discs, but I would figure that later releases are better as all formats are most of the time.

I hope someone else can chime in to help.

Post subject: Re: Macross memorial boxes
Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 02:08 

Mine never had a booklet, lets see what Forper says.

The Plus 1 disc has all the extras with an insert.
I guess the extras disc is instead of the booklet???

I have exactly what is pictured in that auction but that PLUS disc should have an insert, I don't know how you would ask???
Also its not a hard set to find and those inner sleeves are pretty worn to me.

Post subject: Re: Japan Proxy discussion
Posted: 24 Apr 2019, 03:34 

I believe you have tracking if you use the customs forum number, but you are still SOL if there is no insurance, and most packages won't allow
insurance on slow shipping since its cheap and you get what you pay for, sort of moving your box from one place to the next.

While I have only used buyee I haven't had an issue with them but poor packing from one of the sellers to buyee and I opted to not pay the extra for
them to examine the packages and it did work out for me in the end, but figuring out the math, in the long run I bought about
15 titles, 2 or 3 were boxes, and with math I ended up paying about 15 dollars each disc, that would count 15 each in a box set of lets say 8 discs = 120 for a box I
could have bought from a USA seller for 100 plus shipping.

On another note, biancardi did say he uses zen market, while I did try to sign up for them they seem to be the type that want's money upfront before you bid
and then holds onto it.

So if you want to buy something you have to give them an amount and then you have to keep adding, sort of how paypal was in the very early years.
While cheaper I would hate for them to end up with 10 or 20 bucks from me and only save 10 bucks in the deal thus equaling to about the same.

Posted: 09 May 2019, 18:40 

This is the real future of customer service from larger businesses, you will get these fool mom and pops who think they have to do everything
even if it makes them bankrupt but these larger companies will just blow us off and we will keep coming back for more.

Experienced both of the above situations too many times first hand from large and small.

Reminds me of this guy who when I mentioned that ebay wanted to do mandatory returns he told me, sure its a great thing even this department store in the
area did returns after 3 years. When I asked him what happened to that store he said they went out of business :lol:

Posted: 22 May 2019, 00:47 

Future War 198X, very cool. I still remember the fight we had on the forum about that. :lol:
I am dreading the day it comes out on DVD :evil: , its such a great film on LD.

Posted: 22 Jun 2019, 01:14 

Yeah in another state? near you or your friend?
You've got to post the haul when you get it.

Posted: 25 Jun 2019, 23:10 

I remember when I was younger at comic and toys shows, the fools always thought that Lensman was a rip off of Star Wars :yawn:

If you expose yourself to stuff then you realize that the stuff you thought you liked was all rip offs of other stuff from many years before.

Look at the Cowboy Bebop with Ganymede, they've been writing scifi stories about that for years before bepop did it.

Posted: 01 Jul 2019, 22:23 

Like Texas.

Posted: 02 Jul 2019, 18:54 

Aren't both main protagonists of Star Wars and Gundam blonde?
And I'm sure at one time they both have white shirts........
So another direct rip off :lol:

Posted: 10 Jul 2019, 01:50 

Yes, yes we know SONY baloney is the best.
Sounds like something with the flutter of the digital, wonder if its due to a weak laser or caps?

Posted: 11 Jul 2019, 19:39 

Yes, if you pause you will get a blue or black screen depending on your player.
If you still step it will freeze the image.
At least that's with my older players, Can't remember right now about what screen you would get with an R7G.

Posted: 12 Jul 2019, 14:21 

OK This is my last post under this topic.

How old are you vextrex? Its almost like you really never had LD and a 3030 back in the day and are just dragging us down this rabbit hole when you find
some type of quirk that nobody else wants to see or care about from your "new to me hobby"

Sounds like if its not what I mentioned above you are getting the jitter on the CAV discs when they are improperly pulled down from 3.2

I think there really needs to be some type of book to explain or refresh people on this stuff before they start posting and then get
all others riled up to get a 3 page topic of nonsense trying to figure out your "issue" when we are fooled into thinking you know what you are
talking about since you grew up with a "303" player.

Good luck and enjoy collecting LDs.

Posted: 13 Jul 2019, 23:44 

forper wrote:
Thanks dudes! If it doesn't work out I'll come back and blame you. Thanks again.

Don't try a blowtorch either :lol:

Posted: 15 Jul 2019, 01:28 

gypsy wrote:
I need to get a demodulator big time.

If you have a bunch of AC3 discs you really need one, they sound great but then again so did DTS, one issue is that since LD is
older you really need to know how to hook it up and select stuff as there is no automatic stuff like DVDs have.

Posted: 15 Jul 2019, 03:07 

I think only issue is wrong sides? like Left rather than Right or front rather than rear.
I don't think you can actually mess anything up other than your brain trying to figure it out :lol:

Posted: 15 Jul 2019, 14:38 

I haven't had it happen yet. I've only ordered from a few stores though. Mr G & wife J and Lazerblazer are two of the very best imho.

Yeah, those two sellers are great. If only they didn't send via media mail!

Comic Jungle and Finder's Cove is also really good. I've had nothing but satisfaction with all 4 of these sellers.

I honestly don't know if 5 dollars is worth returning. I might just keep the disc as an example disc that i can man handle; It's almost unwatchable so who cares.

Might frame the jacket, though.
What's wrong with Media Mail???

I'll send packages Express if you pay :lol:

Still digging through my discs to sell, going to post them in my shop as its very slow on ebay.

Posted: 16 Jul 2019, 00:50 

?? You get protection if you pay for it.
You can always add insurance from the post office for any service for an extra cost.

I don't want to 'pay for insurance'. I want my discs to be snug and handled properly.

Media mail is just a white box, thin as chips. Nearly impossible to find 6+ discs and padding; I'm surprised i haven't gotten any cracked discs with how
the post treats them.

What are you really talking about.
Media mail is a service.

Insurance is a service.

If you buy something from you are paying for the extra service like shipping or insurance.
This is how it works.

Amazon free shipping is a different story.

Posted: 17 Jul 2019, 15:41 

Thread Open.

I feel Media Mail in the USA is the best option for shipping as long as sellers know how to pack.

Posted: 18 Jul 2019, 05:04 

Just saw this at planetfitness.

About 1 1/2 minutes in she puts an LD into an LD player

Posted: 18 Jul 2019, 21:53 

Under the drop down of My Account it will have Submit Title.

Thanks for taking the time to do so.
Page 4 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]