It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 23 Aug 2018, 16:47 

Again, I love how this fantasy is going on when most collectors won't spend more than 5 bucks on an LD and even more just
have these expensive titles in their wishlist and will never really buy it.

Then how can you expect anybody to spend one thousand dollars on a player when you never did when they were new.

Hell, they can't even spend 300.00 on a nice 97 now, and you think they will spend 1000+ on new players??????????

Posted: 31 Aug 2018, 16:54 

White dead side, search it up.
Keep it on don't destroy the disc removing it.

Posted: 15 Sep 2018, 15:17 

Very happy to read these posts, keeps my faith in collectors of LDs who actually watch them on screens as well as on their shelves.

Posted: 03 Oct 2018, 19:26 

No matter, glad you are here.

Post subject: Re: Squeeze LD
Posted: 09 Oct 2018, 03:42 

I guess C isn't watching any LDs on a regular basis.

https://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8033

Posted: 11 Oct 2018, 01:59 

2 issues here.

1 I think that Lost Horizon is a classic that nobody will talk about like other Capra films.
My wife loves You Can't Take It With You and its a fun one to watch but Lost is a very daring movie but a very short book and I have that in my reading pile.

2 because of zeta I have picked up some other Macross series on DVD and need to watch them. One of them is the 7 movie and I am ready to watch it now and see how it will be.

Posted: 14 Oct 2018, 22:40 

I'm sure if it worked it would play CLV and CAV but I don't believe any are actually working.

Good luck getting one.

Posted: 15 Nov 2018, 04:36 

Thanks for the feedback. Although, I'm surprised that no one mentioned or answered any of my questions in regards to the DVD recorder(Panasonic DMR-E65).

I have no experience with that model or any DVD recorder for that matter, actually I did own one years ago and it was great for recording
but I didn't use it for a filter.

While it may improve the image you may not be seeing what you want to see.
Its still an older analog video technology that can look great for what it was on modern equipment.

From the pictures in another post I would say that you could get an image slightly better than DVD IF you are willing to spend
the cash.

I believe mimilovesjapan has an X0 and lumagen scaler, posted some great images of Heavy Metal.

Post subject: Re: Samples??
Posted: 18 Nov 2018, 19:41 

:sick: Acetone would also remove the paint or ink on the covers.

Lighter fluid will only remove with lots of rubbing, but I'm sure any chemical will do the same with too much rubbing.

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Ireland!
Posted: 19 Nov 2018, 16:09 

Loved the Macross game page, I had that disc, mine was really rotted but it is very rare.
Had to sell it a few months ago.

Post subject: Re: Image problem
Posted: 24 Nov 2018, 03:23 

You need to see if your TV has a 4.3 setting and adjust for that.
The video is 4.3 even if widescreen and will look distorted unless you zoom or change to 4.3
You have 16x9 or close to 1.85 TV now.

If your TV doesn't have any 4.3 setting you will need to live with this until you get some other TV or device.

My TV has a similar setting, I can't remember what it is called. But the image in the center is fine, outer edges are pulled to fit the screen.

Posted: 24 Nov 2018, 15:44 

I use an LED but I went to test them out before I bought new and if I didn't like it with LD when I got home I would have returned it.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer vs Yamaha
Posted: 27 Nov 2018, 15:33 

If you must have AC-3 then the best thing to get are the stand alone pieces.

What you have is good enough, if you want to get one of the decoders that has all the inputs and outputs then piggyback that into a larger AV then fine.

But you are just going to be buying the same things in different shapes.

Posted: 27 Nov 2018, 15:38 

Are you sure its not that disc?

Is the disc flat? If not that can cause issues.

And I just watched the video, that's not crosstalk.
Crosstalk looks like that but its not rolling and its about 90% less.
It looks like antenna interference in part of the image not the entire thing and never rolling.

George needs to get flattened.

Posted: 30 Nov 2018, 01:38 

I believe there is another topic with the same issue.
It is the power supply, but you need to search, I believe you need to get a correct one as others may not work right?

Please search about this, someone else had this issue.

Posted: 09 Dec 2018, 22:31 

The only issue you will have are the caps in the future.
You should look into how to recap the chassis boards so you know what to do in the future.

Taking off the flyback is pretty easy once you know what and how to do it, then taking off the board is the next step.
If your TV is about 15-20 years old it will probably need it soon.

Also check on how to repair arcade monitors, they have great info for the future so you will know what to look for.

Posted: 06 Jan 2019, 17:02 

I think there's a chance that those old VHS versions are sourced from low-contrast prints which by nature have high black level as well as greyish whites and usually end up with muted colors unless properly color corrected.

So you are saying that prints back in the day of this quality were "low contrast" and were really just cheap junk we were choking down?

Ertoli, I actually owned this LD at one time, about 2 years ago.
Those SD images on the right of your examples are total BS and the LD while not perfect was NOT that horrible.
It was NOT faded like pictured and this is just a total BS example to show others that people before a certain age were choking this stuff
down because we didn't have any other options.

Posted: 06 Jan 2019, 19:58 

Ah, low contrast print sounds like a cheap way of doing something.
That's what I was trying to understand.

So low contrast is a format as I believed you, but done wrong is bad done right is good.

While those pics above of the SD or un-mastered look like what you are saying they are altered to make the original SD look horrible and not what
the LD looked like at all in any way with the worst set in the world and worst LD player.

Posted: 08 Jan 2019, 18:19 

Been watching Macross Plus.

WTF how does this have anything to do with the original series in anyway??
Am I missing something here.

From the one Macross 7 film I saw that fits more into the series than this.

Posted: 30 Jan 2019, 16:43 

Watching: Dark Myth, 1990 anime.
https://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/50664/PILA-1018/%E6%9A%97e%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDc%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDe%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD

Took me a long time to get the LD player running in my construction site of a house but I have a nice small 22 inch TV in the dining room
with a cable running to the LD player and speakers in the living room LOL.

Very odd anime, don't really well considering its an OVA, they sure spent some time and money on this more than others of the time era.

Posted: 04 Feb 2019, 04:07 

Open it up, power it on, insert the disc and press play.
If it works you are fine, if not then you will need to either ship it off for repair or diagnose yourself.

Nothing special to be done other than try it out.
This isn't like an old 1 stroke engine, you don't need to prime it or anything.
Good luck

Posted: 14 Feb 2019, 16:42 

List them if they are not already listed.
All new info is great for everybody.

Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 14:53 

There are many ways to do this and it all depends on what you have and your experience with them.

1 get stain that is the correct color, touch it up wait many days for it to dry and then fill with epoxy and blue tape to hold it in place.
after its dry you can sand lightly to smooth and then touch up with clear coat.

2 you can get powered pigment and mix into the epoxy and do the same with blue tape to keep it in place sand etc.

3 you can get artist oil paint to match the color and do the first step just swap oil paint with stain.
Good luck, its very easy if you've done it before and if you have the materials.

Posted: 21 Feb 2019, 18:01 

Just watched 4 of the 6 Peter Sellers Pink Panther films on DVD.

Posted: 23 Feb 2019, 15:27 

I don't play ports, they are garbage.
Only arcade machines.

But yes it is friendly.
Page 3 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]