It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Jan 2022, 15:14 

You tellin me the pop don't got Paganini on CD already.
Maybe he was Respighi'n it.

Post subject: Re: Laser disc PR 8210
Posted: 15 Jan 2022, 20:59 

1st is any transit screw locked??
2nd, you may need some type of coax to RCA or even a coax to coax, you will need to connect this to your TV via the antenna.

I would get a coax cable and then the adapter from coax to RCA then you run your video into the video on your TV if you even have that anymore.
Otherwise you need to connect to where your cable or antenna goes that coax metal plug with threads.

Posted: 16 Jan 2022, 15:15 

Hard to add pics, have to take them with my phone then resize then upload....

Got a lot of 8 R2 Only Fools and Horses DVDs really cheap, will give them a go and see if they are fun, if not they ended up being about 2 bucks each.

Posted: 20 Jan 2022, 20:33 

It really is nice to have a dedicated CD player, you press power and it goes on and you press close and play within 3 seconds and your CD is playing.

I just pulled out of one of my boxes an older Yamaha natural sound, its a cheaper model but really nice to have in the lineup.
Wish I had a slightly better one but if this dies I'll look into getting one off ebay as I've been very happy with this so far.

Posted: 21 Jan 2022, 19:43 

Grew up knowing the bat out of hell album was super cheesy but never listened to it until I was about 25 and it was a life changer.
Amazing album.

Posted: 24 Jan 2022, 18:57 

Disclord would have and Blam will know the most about Discovision stuff, I think happy cube may also, he may have disclords collection??

Anyway pics would be great so we can tell what you really have.
Are these PAL by any chance?? Wonder if these are samples from the UK rather than US.
Again pics would be great, its hard to post but worth it for all others to see what these are.
Thx in advance

Posted: 25 Jan 2022, 19:44 

Yeah I did read a little on the show and figured about grandad, he is brilliant in his own way.
Love his dead stare sometimes and the burger is just great LOL

Posted: 27 Jan 2022, 02:40 

Glad to hear it, we've had mail stolen and its a PITA to deal with for this small priced stuff.

Posted: 28 Jan 2022, 17:20 

Firehorse thx for reminding me, I got my tesla slice today.
At least they aren't producing 25 EVs in the last quarter........ ROTFLMAO

Posted: 31 Jan 2022, 20:04 

WOW they can fk themselves for that price.
I don't even think all the DVD and LD versions would get that much money in a collection, even with the TV cuts.

Just crazy and we all wonder how the rich stay rich or get richer.......

Posted: 04 Feb 2022, 19:13 

LD won't go through component it must be composite or S-video.
is it variable, a switch for PAL but you have it on NTSC?

Posted: 07 Feb 2022, 20:54 

While I don't use FB anymore it is sad if there are people who are fixing stuff that is being lost due to posts that get buried there.
The search here is very poor to say the least but it still works and one can find stuff after digging.

On FB there is no search so if you aren't on hourly and doing screen captures you are pretty much SOL.
Shame that the FB new repair tech users won't even get on here.

Posted: 11 Feb 2022, 00:32 

No formats have ever been left in any of my players, CDs, DVDs, LDs, Vinyl, VHS etc.

I have to correct this, I've only left stuff in for a few days at most when watching something like series or didn't have time to
watch other episodes or the entire film.

Posted: 11 Feb 2022, 16:04 

But we have to remember the filters on the LD players are made for the analog format and these aren't, don't know much of what would make what better
as I don't know as much about the tech data.

Posted: 13 Feb 2022, 21:55 

I never got to watch this one, did see a later or last special a few months ago on streaming for free.
Seems like a thing I may like but I just started on disc 3 of Galaxy Express 999 and probably won't get around to Road anytime soon.
Trying to keep away from new TV series, just don't have the time to focus on them, can't even get to disc 2 of Only Fools :(

Posted: 15 Feb 2022, 16:32 

In this day and age I would just wait for a local pickup LD player that is working.
Personally I wouldn't spend more than 300 on a player now unless you have a massive collection and at least 25% of said collection being on LD only
with no Bluray or 4K in any sight of the near future.

With that said I would try to focus on mid to high end players you can afford, but newer players need M holder replacements, older players are
built tough but are super hard to repair on most.

So it all depends on what your collection looks like and what you feel you need for your lists of wants.

Posted: 17 Feb 2022, 00:27 

Does this happen only when trying to capture or directly through your TV?

When you add stuff in the chain you may sometimes cause glitches, I've had it on some things with LD the image will just drop out with a black screen
and I know the disc was fine in the past and fine on other players.

Posted: 17 Feb 2022, 00:29 

Does it play CDs?

Posted: 17 Feb 2022, 15:01 

Other question that we forgot to ask.
Was this working then stopped or is this a flip project or bought as project?

Posted: 19 Feb 2022, 14:45 

I know rarity != value, but if you have this specific release, it just sold for $300 on eBay: Lost Boys, The (1987) [16071]
:eh: I would be selling that puppy yesterday.

I can't believe these people who are spending stupid money on this format now, I love LDs but C'mon 300 for lost boys
what is going on and it wasn't even signed or anything stupid.

I do love it though because if or when I have something I can cash in and get the upgraded DVD or Bluray for under 10 bucks.
DVDs are starting to go high btw, seen some stupid stuff its just not as easy when you find some obscure DVD its hit or miss.
But they still have high priced horror DVDs.

Posted: 22 Feb 2022, 14:31 

I'm personally surprised more people aren't pulling this type of stuff, its actually very easy and I've held my tongue so many times
on this forum not from me getting scammed but about things I've seen over the 15+ years I've been buying and selling.

I had a similar situation on ebay about 10 years ago with CEDs, the guy gave me my first negative feedback ever, come to think about it it may have been the only
one.

Anyway said the disc was skipping, it wasn't great but it didn't skip as I had a player at the time, but he pulled this with a bunch of people and you could see
the feedback and contact others at the time, OK he got away with it but then again he was trying to scam junk from people for free.

He didn't get any money back from me but it was also posted on the CED forum at the time, very nasty guy with a nasty mouth too.

Posted: 25 Feb 2022, 16:27 

Zeta must be busy since he didn't chime in on this one.

Re: How do you play your sides? - Who cares how I do it. How do you want to do it.

Posted: 02 Mar 2022, 19:54 

Really crazy considering you can get a DVD for under 8 bucks with free shipping and Bluray for under 20 bucks with free shipping.

I understand why someone would want a supposed last release of a format but c'mon people fifty five hundred dollars.
Its not like you can't see this and its super rare, you are just paying for what exactly????

I've even seen super rare LDs on ebay that have never been released on VHS or DVD sell for under 10 bucks, so its obviously not the content here.
Bragging rights to brag to whom? I wouldn't get excited, oh wait I would if I had a copy and just sold it for 5K

And I passed on getting a copy of the 6th Day at the local thrift store on DVD for a buck, why would I want to own this on LD
let alone any format, unless it was to sell it off :mrgreen:

Posted: 14 Mar 2022, 20:48 

Who cares, its a great idea since youtube is public, if it were a private video then that's another story.

If some doorknob is posting how smart they are by spending stupid money on discs then lets all know who they are so we can make some money off
them also.

Posted: 14 Mar 2022, 23:17 

Well got another R2 DVD set in the mail today, found it for a really cheap price, 20 bucks.
I do hope this has the skit I saw years ago and also know I will enjoy it due to the actors in it.
Page 21 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]