It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 31 May 2021, 20:28 

teddanson wrote:
There's a Soundgarden 3D disc? :shock:

Inject as much 3D content in to my retinas as possible!

You need that Inazuman disc, its actually really cool.

Inazuman: vol.4 [LSTD01249]
Only the film is in widescreen.

Posted: 02 Jun 2021, 03:23 

Just finished watching a great LD
Salvador Dali: A Soft Self-Portrait (1971) [ID5337PA]

From the info I can find is that this is on LD only, a must have and not very expensive from the copies I've found.

Posted: 04 Jun 2021, 20:33 

May be best off checking on Curt Palme. http://www.curtpalme.com/

Haven't been on the site in years but do see they have a forum, if you can't find anybody I'm sure you can figure how to adjust yourself??
Should be fairly easy once you get the understanding down, or at least that's how it looked when I was considering buying a CRT projector.

Posted: 05 Jun 2021, 19:19 

Looks good, the wire wrap is really made for this type of repair but this is a quick and dirty job.
But if it works keep running it until it goes again and I would do the wire wrap.

Is very thin and now that I think of it I should pickup a roll to have for emergency.

Posted: 07 Jun 2021, 00:08 

The quality is obvious during laserdisc playback too. It sounds more "real" to my ears than streaming the same film despite bit rate difference, which shouldn't matter too much here. Theta made really smart changes to those players and I think they are understated steals for the audiophile/Laserdisc community.

This isn't a shock to me at all, I've never heard anything on streaming that sounds even remotely close to a poor quality DVD let alone
an LD.

Post subject: Re: S-Video Cables
Posted: 07 Jun 2021, 14:19 

xyscaling wrote:
Interesting. I read several years back in a technical printing that the laserdisc video output was a composite video and S-video was not any better. Love to hear the other side of that conclusion. Thanks

Do a search.

Posted: 17 Jun 2021, 17:14 

Nobody smiles when they run.

I hardly ever post my cool stuff but I just found this in Virginia at an antique mall.
Carved out of a root or just plain old tree log, very crazy and I feel like I've seen this in one
of those Hammer horror shows or films.

Posted: 18 Jun 2021, 01:54 

Look into a coffee table style to cover it, may save you some grey LOL

Posted: 21 Jun 2021, 01:39 

I refuse to get in to 4K TV's because all of them are the so called Smart TV type which I hate with a passion. I am buying a display to connect stuff to it I don't want to have a crappy computer build in that mainly focuses on flooding you with adverts.

This is a big part of why I went with a projector.

Thx for this, I don't need to fight with my wife on getting a larger TV, she always wants one when we are shopping at wallyworld.
I think I'm the only male or person who doesn't want a larger TV but would rather stick with something smaller :wtf:

Posted: 23 Jun 2021, 16:24 

So if you sell locally you will probably get around 100-300 if you're lucky.

EDIT: This is also if its working fully.
Good luck with it.

Posted: 29 Jun 2021, 01:25 

I'm not a tech but it sounds like centering but if CDs play then it shouldn't be that.
Also sounds like its something from keeping it to get to the end of the disc.
Did you remove parts and not get the gears aligned when putting back together????

Can't remember the terminology now for what is going on, I sort of remember reading stuff like this on players with bad M-holders
but this isn't supposed to be one of those players.

Hope others chime in to help who have knowledge.
Also can't believe there were 200 caps, I do believe it but its crazy that you needed to replace all but good job on that part.

Post subject: Re: Laserdisc Lo-Fi
Posted: 03 Jul 2021, 00:06 

Hope you're all good or will be.
You are one of the few here who are interested in LDs for what really make LDs unique and spread the wealth of what they are.

Posted: 05 Jul 2021, 02:17 

OK so due to good ole Ted I've picked up the DVD release of Spaghetti Western Bible vol. 2 10 Feature film collection Sartana the Complete Saga.
I must stick to my promise to myself of never buying blurays unless its a dual set of DVD bluray combo.

Watching the first of 10 films in this set titled Blood at Sundown aka 1000 dollari sul nero - $1000 on the Black.
This is the first film featuring the character Sartana.
Its a very slow one and I kept trying to find out the other titles in the Bluray box but see that this isn't in there.
Played by the same actor Gianni Garko.

Very slow film to the say the least, I do hope the others get better and this is just a sample of what's to come.
Next is If you meet Sartana Pray for your death.

Edit: watched the first few minutes of Pray and it has Klaus so it must be great :thumbup:

Posted: 06 Jul 2021, 21:31 

Wow thanks for that ted, I have some extra butchers block from our kitchen counter replacement and was trying to figure out how to sell the
extra scrap.
Guess it will be for a wood plinth, now I can add that to my craigslist or ebay listings.

Posted: 07 Jul 2021, 15:34 

My last order was sort of an issue but they didn't double box and I paid for it but also didn't get it until after I was able to make a case.
Nothing really damaged, 1 disc was cracked but it can still play and its a rare anime.

Was just talking to my wife about that we should start a business and get containers of stuff from these hardoffs etc.

Posted: 07 Jul 2021, 19:03 

It may have been the Ang Lee Hulk film when I bought my first DVD player.
I think the next would have been the criterion of Solaris, or it could have been third DVD but can't remember anything else.

Post subject: Re: LD player for ripping
Posted: 11 Jul 2021, 19:42 

jefix wrote:
Doesn't the H9 have worse pq than the cld-97? And it costs more.

Why do you even ask if you question the answers.

Post subject: Re: LD player for ripping
Posted: 12 Jul 2021, 14:27 

jefix wrote:
rein-o wrote:
Why do you even ask if you question the answers.

I need to know what this player is better at. That dude didn't write anything other than the model, so I doubt it.

You are new that dude isn't, don't ask if you can't take the answer.
That dude forgot more than others here will ever know.

Post subject: Re: 100v or 120v?..
Posted: 12 Jul 2021, 14:31 

Yes. Japan is 100v, not 110v thus use a transformer. Enjoy your R7G! :thumbup:

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html

Yes but this player doesn't need one for the USA, its been documented.
And if OP can't or doesn't trust they can open the top and verify the power supply inside is marked for the 110, 115, 120 etc.

But this is really for this player.

A google search would have cleared this up right away.
I did when I owned one.....

Posted: 15 Jul 2021, 15:56 

It may be different in the manga, my brother had them years ago, the comic reprints from the USA but I never read them.

But the cub was always the cub the son, his son.

Posted: 15 Jul 2021, 16:01 

therussian wrote:
There is got to be some kind of money laundering scheme behind this, there is no way that anyone with two braincells would spend 1.5 mil on a bloody common title as Mario 64.

Just search up heritage, they have some great stuff going on.........

Post subject: Re: Anamorphic Lens
Posted: 17 Jul 2021, 15:31 

This has an MSRP of $5995.

Posted: 22 Jul 2021, 15:00 

Tray could be belt replacement.

Display could be capacitors or even the ribbon cable coming out or needing replacement.

Remember parts are no longer available for LD players, you can get stuff like belts but cables
may be an issue.

These are only guesses and I'm no tech or expert in repairs.

Posted: 23 Jul 2021, 15:29 

Personally I would not bother with the display if the player is working or if you want to sell this.

Posted: 26 Jul 2021, 01:16 

Where is zeta for this one.

Should I ask first :think:
Are you going to copy star wars from LD to your computer???

Don't want to bust any nuts here but this is pretty normal for what LD is.
Herringbone is crosstalk, a quick google search, yes they don't block that yet.
Google will tell you what it is.
Page 17 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]