It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 04 Sep 2020, 17:37 

rick_dangerous wrote:
Got the Technidisc Fox discs in (all 3 are Made in USA Technidisc)! Including the 1993 Pressing of A New Hope! Stoked; thanks all!

Well you won't notice a difference, I had both and A-B'd them there was NO difference in the shrinking aspect ratio.
But other than that enjoy the discs.

Post subject: Re: Warriors Two 1978
Posted: 04 Sep 2020, 22:09 

Well its non existent until you post a picture of it.

Would be great for you to post pictures so others can know of the disc.
Thanks,

Posted: 05 Sep 2020, 01:45 

Fan = Fanatic.
They need to have the most or best.

Posted: 07 Sep 2020, 19:34 

While these boxes are neat they are just afterthoughts and not really an LD box or part of a box set.
Shame as it would have been cool, I think I was and still am out of anime by that time period, the entire eva and bebop are just over my head.
Even watching stuff like GTO is starting to wear on me and go the typical series route and not as fun or interesting as an OVA or film.

Lucky for me I'm not interested in either series that much and if I need I'll pickup the DVD of bebop for 10 or 15 now to stick to my KAFBR-Keep Away From Blu-Ray
and after watching that eva I never really need to watch that again.

So more of these boxes for the collectors who really need the LDs in their collections.

On another note, funny to see only 2 volumes of evangelion made in the USA, guess it sold poorly since they would have had time to release all in the states,
or they just gave up knowing that the series was too bad to finish on LD in the usa.

Posted: 07 Sep 2020, 23:08 

All my heroes are dead.

Posted: 07 Sep 2020, 23:12 

Zeta knows more than I do on this subject.

But also in the USA they would never release a series of anime on LD let alone a regular TV series.
Look at Twilight Zone or Outer Limits, it was never fully released on LD that only happened when DVD came along and it was cheaper technology.

Posted: 10 Sep 2020, 01:17 

Thank you water brother.

Posted: 10 Sep 2020, 14:30 

I think they felt it needed to be remade due to the fact that there are LOTS of books and they want to get in on that
film series cash cow.

While I do have to say after reading the books and then watching the lynch film it was nice but missed a lot of points, like the ending was just so wrong.
And they just cut it off for any sequel films.

Only thing is that I do prefer the gobjabar on the finger rather than a metal stick held in the hand, but I'll live with it.
Batista looks amazing as Rabban.

Posted: 10 Sep 2020, 19:01 

xtempo wrote:
rein-o wrote:
Just received in the mail Wanna-Be's (1986) [90LS 4002]

Will have to add the pic, nice insert too.

is that the wrestling one?

Yeah. look forward to watching it.

Post subject: Re: About the seller DaDon
Posted: 11 Sep 2020, 20:43 

Its probably just on annual renewal on a credit card, only a couple bucks and whoever probably doesn't know they are being charged.

Post subject: Re: Diving in...
Posted: 12 Sep 2020, 01:51 

You really won't get any advantage to audio unless you have a nice amp and speaker setup.

If you are using lower quality then you won't really notice.
Good luck on getting a player and enjoy the format if you do succeed.

Posted: 16 Sep 2020, 23:54 

Thanks for posting the info. Glad you got it.
Gypsy told me about this video converter, it seems to work but I haven't captured anything yet, just haven't had time.
its an rca to usb, the one I bought is called easycap.

I just need to find time to copy the few demo discs I have that I just never have time for.

Posted: 21 Sep 2020, 14:51 

without pics its hard to say.
get some thin wire to make jumpers and solder to fix the remote, if the pad is truly bad then you will have to figure a new repair or new remote.
most can be had for 10 bucks and most are all compatible.

as for the noise, sounds like it may be slipping on the pad???
I've been having some issues with all my players recently and need to open and clean the pads so the disc won't slip.
thats my guess on the player.

Posted: 21 Sep 2020, 15:00 

Yes could be the belt also, not sure but that goes bad too.

As for players it will depend on what you are looking for, I don't know much about those players from being to early for my brain right now.
Can't remember if you wanted pal ntsc combos either?

Working is the most important.

Posted: 22 Sep 2020, 01:48 

I've got to say I love the single sided players, but also love the double sided players.

It all depends on what you can afford.

You just have to understand that there is a very limited amount of parts, I recently fixed a remote for my CD player, bought some parts the springs and flat tabs
for the batteries and soldered them, it was a buck for 10 pieces.

So you can spend thousands but when there are no parts you are SOL.

Posted: 22 Sep 2020, 14:45 

I know it would be possible but is it easy or worth it to have a checkbox to select if the mint marks are hand scratched??

Just added some missing info to a disc and realized that some may want to possibly collect or focus on them? Or just
know how many are in their collection as these are very early discs.

Posted: 23 Sep 2020, 00:54 

Has to do with centering, if it can't play a CD then centering is off.
Unless there is something else I forgot or don't know of.

Posted: 25 Sep 2020, 23:27 

Damn, I had already inquired about getting my X9 serviced earlier this year, and was told that they no longer service them because they no longer have the parts, so I had assumed the same applied to other models.

Would've picked up the partially-working CLD-R5 I saw a month ago and had it repaired if I had known, but pretty sure it's gone now.
The other guy got it and was walking out with it repaired when Julien saw it.

Post subject: Re: Rot and rot ratings
Posted: 26 Sep 2020, 15:31 

If a guy buys one copy of Eraser and it’s rotted...and another that’s rotted, and another...that’s because his brain is rotted. Stop buying famously rotted copies of a famously rotten movie!
Yeah, buy the Japanese release, at least it has a nicer cover!

Or just buy the DVD at a thrift store for a buck.

I have to say its a horrible film and can't really understand why anybody would want this in their collection, I think 6th day
is actually better, not by much.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 14:49 

Yeah that's not how it works.

Get into another collectible market to buy and flip for profit.
If you want to make real money get a business license for your town or state and start buying wholesale and selling like the wayfair guys.
Search up that radio interview they just did, they make a little more than you will ever dream of.

Posted: 27 Sep 2020, 21:46 

I didn't have time before and couldn't remember from memory but searched it up and it is super ntsc.

Gone with the Wind (1939) [ML107199]
Not an easy to find copy and it truly looks stunning.

Posted: 28 Sep 2020, 01:15 

allenwrench wrote:
What players have the ability to take advantage of this enhanced signal?

? Sorry I don't understand, all players will play these LDs its how they were mastered.

Posted: 28 Sep 2020, 19:53 

Just do craigslist, run an ad saying what you are looking for, its free too.

EDIT: I did an ad once on craigslist when living in TN, tried to play off the I want some for a project so I wouldn't have to overpay.
Only had one person contact and said they had players for sale and that he did adjustments and repairs, also
knew of lddb but seemed to be sort of sketchy, I don't think it was the one fourmer draper but it may have been.

Anyway its years down the pike and I think finding collections in rural places are going to be harder and harder.
Anybody in places like NYC or LA are going to either be younger diehards, died to get rid of collection or someone who lost interest after
seeing the BR of star wars.

Very few are stupid enough to keep moving the mass of common titles that you can get on DVD, BR or streaming for nothing.
Moving = weight, weight costs money so you have to be super attached to that collection to pay to move it again.

If and when I ever move again I will probably dump the common titles to someone or dump on ebay in lots, would try here first, but I
was down to but now up to 280 in my collection, will be knocking that down again very soon, want to be at 200 or less, but its hard
I like too many of them :lol:

Posted: 29 Sep 2020, 16:48 

Do you know that there are 577 episodes of Pawn Stars?
One of their scouts wanted me to come on with a odd store display I had on ebay, when I told them that my price on ebay is not the
selling price to them.

The scout was fine but they never got back to me.
This close, next time I'll have my rare star wars LDs. :crazy: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

Posted: 29 Sep 2020, 21:14 

Yes YaJ is yahoo Japan.

Don't understand why you are calling it a fake, its more of fan made.

Don't understand why you are not going to do the graphics clear but blurry, they should be clear.

Good luck with your fan made project.
Page 11 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]