It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Re-Capping power board
Posted: 30 Jan 2023, 00:58 

I'd have to google search what that CE85 degrees C means, about heat???
Otherwise get any of the ones you posted.
Where do I message my address, and will you supply the food :lol:

Voltage and Uf are the important things, since you found exact you are fine, I think you can get higher voltages as an example but Uf needs to be correct.
Uf Microfarads. Good luck.

You just need to make sure the cap can stand the heat since its larger and has that on the side, or did you ask them that? They should
answer you better than I can.

Posted: 04 Feb 2023, 16:48 

Since I went through a lot of scanning to get the Runout/IFPI, I'll use them to add visuals!

Ex:
https://www.lddb.com/cover/hddvd/00101-00200/00173_extra_01.jpg

Julien

Its funny I've had DVDs bought new with this same crack issue but never CDs, wonder what the problem is with the movie version of the 5 inch format.

Posted: 09 Feb 2023, 00:12 

Wish I could find this one for a decent price.
Deep Blue Sea (1999) [17242]

Posted: 10 Feb 2023, 23:47 

gathering from the above opinions and comments, in the sole investment pt of view, i believe the deep blue sea / matrix may worth to store and wait a quite long time . the rest LD should have not much investment values (emotion value is other thing)

Oh if you want to invest why don't you invest in property or stocks, that will bring you the most bang for your buck.

Posted: 10 Feb 2023, 23:49 

Turn your brightness and contrast down.
Yes this is an LD issue, you will have it on your 900 and other players too.
This 3080 should have less when your TV is calibrated properly but its normal, welcome to LD.

Posted: 12 Feb 2023, 18:37 

Do I hear my name :lol:

I think this topic has gone over my head and I don't get it.
If someone wants to spend money good, someone makes out and both are happy.

If the market for whatever, house, car, LD etc. is low then someone makes out and is happy the other person is SOL with less money
in their pocket and out the thing.

Just be grateful we are talking about a stupid priced laserdisc and not how we are 83 and having to sell our house to pay for medical bills
and keep up with the economy..........

Posted: 13 Feb 2023, 17:30 

wow, i don't know how come my messages turn a ripple wave in discussion.
i just read an article said iphone1 , unsealed, was sold at least US$50000. i think a decade ago, most people will said u better buy stocks or property etc. so, there is definately some people will disagree that as investment, which is good; because if all people sees opportunity, there will no skyrocket price in an old piece of iphone.

I think a lot of these prices are boosted due to crypto, nostalgia and mad money floating around for some.
I doubt it would be a good investment to buy a phone for 40K to hope it goes up, or that you can make a profit in 5-15 years, but then
again I wouldn't be shocked.

I just see that living in Hades with nothing around and people are desperate to pay minimum 2k a month in rent and can't afford to buy
a house, that's not going down anytime soon.

The 50K phone is cool stuff for cool people, like NTFs. I doubt you can sell that at your yardsale for 50K and when electricity goes down
you will be SOL on that investment.

Posted: 20 Feb 2023, 16:21 

My older players use the 35/36mm logo, on the CLD-3070 and LD-S1

My CLD-D503 would use around 40mm, never noticed the difference but you are dealing with 4mm difference.

You'll probably end up spending more on the logo than you did on the player.
I'll pop mine off the 503 but its going to cost you for shipping and the logo won't be free.

So those on ebay are original just not the size you need.

Posted: 22 Feb 2023, 18:09 

Wait till you get those smudges that won't play through.

Posted: 04 Mar 2023, 15:47 

OK I got a message and was looking at my past messages and forgot about this topic.
What ever happened to our OP, now that everybody is buying like mad dogs.

Posted: 07 Mar 2023, 15:52 

For me when I sell a smaller item the cardboard box is already around 6-8 ounces and thats already almost half a pound.

Its amazing when people don't take into consideration about the costs, if I print out a shipping label that ream of paper now costs of 5 bucks but I
have to drive to get it that cheap and I have to drive to drop off the package.

Its all costing money.

On another note, sometimes these shipping companies just put it in the weight range, you may put down 19 pounds but it comes to 30 so its a flat for their
machines when they scan it or however it works internally.

Posted: 18 Mar 2023, 00:14 

try mouser.
Good luck

Posted: 25 Mar 2023, 22:58 

Looks like someone needs to add this and explain that there is a different cover in the comments unless you can get a good image of that other cover
and send it to the admin.

I can't remember now but there are other discs and they have multiple posts on the database.

Posted: 26 Mar 2023, 00:53 

Oh yeah, I remember seeing Taxi Driver at Tower Video back in the day, the red with black border was the first issue, uncertain on which was second now.

Posted: 26 Mar 2023, 16:24 

Looks like someone needs to add this and explain that there is a different cover in the comments unless you can get a good image of that other cover
and send it to the admin.
I guess that would probably have to be me since I've got that green variant cover.

I really meant for the OP to do it so they can help by adding the title.

Post subject: Re: PayPal scam
Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 21:55 

Oh man I haven't been on my paypal in years, just use CCs.
Are you sure this wasn't just an add that paypal is now using to generate money since its no longer the main source of payments??

Posted: 21 Apr 2023, 16:04 

I have to say while I do own the DVDs with some extended scenes and sold off the LD that had less its nothing to do with the fighting and
really wish I could just enjoy that LD version as its much better, could even be cut more as these stories drag out too much and would be better to have
them even shorter.

Post subject: Re: Cleaning a CLD-959
Posted: 02 May 2023, 03:11 

jefflang wrote:
Ah rein-o,

I'm glad you got it. My comment was not meant to be funny.

Oh good, just stupid then.
Gotcha

Post subject: Re: [CLD-959] Cleaning
Posted: 08 May 2023, 17:41 

I'm in the side that if its working don't mess with it.

Since you opened and found some oddball stuff and no floating screws or discs or CDs then you are pretty much fine.
I wouldn't open it again until you have an issue.

Hope you enjoy laserdiscs.

Posted: 17 May 2023, 21:16 

gypsy wrote:
It had to be absolutely brutal to ship a 13 LD set. I got a quote for 2 3 LD sets together and I'm thinking I will buy some more and surface mail it all...

Believe me it doesn't get any cheaper.
I try to stay away for box sets or sets in general and just focus on single discs if I do get any.

Posted: 24 May 2023, 16:41 

Gypsy, you changed your pic and I didn't notice :lol:
You know the ins and outs of international shipping, its a hassle as we both know.
I've been sitting with these 6 discs in my cart for the past month but the shipping will cost the same as the discs from this seller, ugh.

Posted: 04 Jun 2023, 20:27 

No way on how to say this but make sure its a heavy unit, when I bought one it was only around 50-70 but it was very heavy duty, but this was over 18 years
ago and you may have to search them out.

I didn't search up but I'm sure the one laserfan just posted is a top quality one.

I just did a quick search on ebay and the only ones that look good are in the 200 range but I'm not sure of the quality.

Hope that helps a little :)

Airlink looks like good quality but you will be spending no matter what.

Posted: 06 Jun 2023, 16:12 

Thanks to both of you. I was seeing some cheaper ones but didn't feel great about them.

This for example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J1ANSY

I'd rather just spend more and get something actually good.

Again its been years but this sort of looks like the one I had, or close to.
Maybe check out the specs on this to see if it may be good?

Posted: 09 Jun 2023, 16:00 

Well I just opened 2 of them and they all have links to each other along with other sites like IMDB and wiki, so I'm sure they have what you need.
Thought it would be nice but oh well.

At least I learned of a new anime site thx again lons :thumbup:

Posted: 12 Jun 2023, 17:11 

If you're there for 2 weeks I would see what you can buy and pickup locally on YJ.
May be worth the risk?
Page 25 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]