It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 02:22 

Just got a message back from ebay.

So I'll relist it and if ebay feels they need to remove it they can.
They never removed any of those bootleg beatles ultimate live LDs, that guy must have sold 40 of them.

RE: Report a message SR#

Hello R,

I hope that you are in good health. Thank you for getting back to us with more information for your report. My name is Asthav and I am glad to assist you.

I have reviewed the message that the member '1234mike0' had sent to you. In this case, if they had any issue with the item, they should have contacted us. I can see the message from this user sounds rude enough.

You are right that since you have bought the item then you can sell it on eBay. Due to this, I have taken a note of this user and the situation is dealt with accordingly. You have no need to worry about anything else!

I wish you luck for all your future eBay transactions!

Kind Regards,

Asthav K.
eBay Trust & Safety

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 19:43 

Wait so a vacuum seal bag speeds up the process of disc rot?

No, your body is rotting faster right now as you live than any of the stuff around you.

My 150 year old house will be around longer than you or me.....

Don't waste your time with bags like that, enjoy and use what you have.

Fight the OCD.

Posted: 18 Jul 2020, 23:07 

Idk if I got scolded in that last response or if I was being enlightened?
I would take it however you really want to but the one or two or three things.
Audioboyz knows some stuff so can help.

I forgot more than I know and will try to help but I may be snarky sometimes :lol:

But enjoy LDs they are great once you get a main focus on your collecting radar.

Posted: 21 Jul 2020, 18:26 

Been watching GTO Great Teacher Onizuka, very funny so far in a pervert way.
Tried watching it dubbed but it was so horrible that I had to rewatch with subs on free streaming.

Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 01:36 

Well I really wanted to make a video of this how to but decided to just post pics.

Here are stages of a scratch on an LD, this will work most of the time but for this disc it didn't, the scratch was actually a partial
manufacturing defect and you can slightly see in the light in person that there is a wave in the plastic.

First you start with Novus 3, this is for heavy scratches. As you can see in this picture the scratch before and the Novus 3
20200720_165808-1.jpg
You must put a thin layer of the paste on and let it air dry, this I have found to give the best results.
20200720_165840-1.jpg
Then buff until its removed, you may have a slight film or areas that didn't get removed, don't worry you may
need to do this a few times.
20200720_170019-1.jpg
Then you will go to Novus 2, this one is a little different, I put it on wet and keep buffing until all polish is gone.
I may need to do this multiple times but its the same way. Put on wet and keep buffing, if you feel heat under your finger and cloth
you are polishing too hard or fast, once you feel hot to the touch you need more polish.
20200720_170344-1.jpg
This final picture is the same area once finished. I didn't use Novus 1 for this but you can use this to clean your disc of finger prints etc.
Just don't get it on the label or it may smear on certain types.
20200720_170921-1.jpg

If you feel that it didn't work or you still see the scratch you would depending on how bad the scratch is start with 3 again
and then 2, you may need to do this multiple times.

This WILL NOT remove very deep major scratches but this is what you need to do in order to fix bad looking disc
or even some discs that won't play.

I can tell you, collecting LDs since 1989 and buying a majority of used LDs I've only ever had to polish around 20 discs
and I've had over 1000 discs easily pass through my hands.
Most of the ones I had to clean were Discovision discs, while it never made a bad disc play it did sometimes help.

I am giving this info for free so take it for what it is, do it at your own risk.

If you have sticky edges or sticky on the play surface you are better off cleaning with denatured alcohol or lighter fluid.
Again don't get it on the label and put it on a clean soft cloth.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon LD
Posted: 22 Jul 2020, 17:41 

Don't worry about the technology terms just watch it on a TV rather than through the computer.

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 03:06 

If you have a good comb filter inside your composite monitor, maybe you dont need the expensive R7G

Yes but you usually need a CRT for that I believe?

Back in the day my setup was an R7G and nice CRT that I can't remember who made it.
It was not any flat or super flat and did have a 3DY comb filter built in.

But it only lasted about 7 years and then after caps went I decided to go LED flat screen and it works fine.

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 22:22 

Hope someone else can help.
I know there is a part that one would clip on the board that is some type of arc suppressor I believe.

Don't know if that's for the 919 and do any repairs at your own risk.

Not sure what you mean by power LED, it should be on or lit as standby I think, or that's how my 503 is, its always red then
the front display lights up.

Posted: 23 Jul 2020, 23:54 

Light is supposed to be red and off like you said, never saw blue, must be something else I can't remember.

Sounds like you are doing more than I know of :lol: Good luck with it and enjoy the player once its back up and running.

Also that second laser is for the DVD playback, if you can't get it to work I wouldn't worry, these older DVDs aren't really worth
bothering with, keep the LD parts going :thumbup:

Posted: 25 Jul 2020, 02:47 

While Jake is correct, if you want the exact remote I believe you're looking for the CU-CLD047.

Awesome!!! Thankyou so much pokefraker! As a bit of a purist, this is exactly what I'm after 8-)

PS - gotta love the Dale Cooper avatar . . . Yrev Very good ;)

OMG It was so small I always thought it was the one doctor from Doctor Who or Daniel Tosh :lol:

Posted: 28 Jul 2020, 14:16 

How much is it???
How strong are you????

If its cheap and you are strong like ox then get it.

Post subject: Re: Gen-lock help please
Posted: 29 Jul 2020, 17:59 

OK After contacting Gypsy and Forper many times, buying 2 different TVone devices that both were broken, one was correct for genlock the other not.

I decided to download files for some of the anime I do own and do it ghetto style.
Ran the subs on my laptop and watched the anime, only had time to do this for about 20 minutes last night.

Watched Riki-Oh part 1, this is great, the subs were fine and I could enjoy it.
Pretty amazed at how much I already know of some of these animes by watching them over and over and over again
along with the .3% of Japanese I can understand.

Until I can find a genlock device cheap I will stick with putting a computer monitor under my TV and running SSA.

Forper was great in pointing me in the direction to a sub format converter, so if you find the subs in another format and need Sub Station Alpha SSA
you can change whatever, I found some oddball AAS or other stuff I have no idea of what they were but this site was able to change them.

https://toolslick.com/conversion/subtitle/all

Forper pointed me to the toolslick site but it was for SRT to SSA the above will convert any to whatever you chose.
Now that I had time to do this I'll get back to my windows and order a storm door for my house so I don't freeze to death
this winter and can possibly enjoy subs on my anime LDs I've owned since who knows when.

Going to try and run Lensman tonight with subs!!!!!!

Thanks again to Forper and Gypsy for answering my messages.
Now I need to transfer my discovision demo LD to youtube.

Posted: 30 Jul 2020, 17:11 

Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money I don't know if many boxes are still sealed in Japan anymore.
And the shipping, may be cheaper to ship overseas but to the US the box sets are still pricey.

Been doing some covid YJ searching and have to say that the LDs really seem to have dried up.
Anything good is not there, and if it is the people want crazy money, more than USA sellers.

Some anime that I saw and would be interested in are asking 150 and up.
If you keep searching I know you will find a lower priced but when doing a proxy service it takes time and cuts into value.

But on another note, I have been finding a lot of late release box sets of anime from 1999 and 2000.
Trying to update or add info to as many as I can.

Posted: 31 Jul 2020, 22:21 

Wonder how much they really increased due to being importers.
I see those Legend of the Galactic Heroes and they are 104, would have been close to around 90-95 new, Tower Video may have had them for 85
since they had stores in Japan and would send some LDs from time to time to unload in the USA stores.

Still LD was never a cheap game to play.

Thanks for posting that, I think you may have posted before but its always nice to see.

Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 02:54 

Evening benmbe, glad you have posted again.

We are doing as well as we can in the house, others that I know are going crazy but that's another story.
There is a lot of dividing going on even with friends and family.

Take care and be well.

Post subject: Re: Cover update
Posted: 01 Aug 2020, 15:52 

ertoili wrote:
Dont have dedicated email app or facebook they are from my personal collection.
SRLW 1457

Get a Gmail or Yahoo account, they are free and just use it for pictures to lddb.

Posted: 08 Aug 2020, 18:10 

Those episodes are different than the movie, I would watch the movie as separate thing.

Posted: 09 Aug 2020, 18:17 

Watching Gorath right now.
Gorath (1962) [TLL 2218]

Post subject: Rot and rot ratings
Posted: 10 Aug 2020, 15:07 

Was wondering, after watching a disc last night that has only 1 report of rot should lower rot reports be hidden
until it gets over something like 3 or 5 reports??

Its kind of crazy that something like this Killer, The: Special Edition #211 (1989) (Uncut) [CC1363L]

Has over 200 in collections and only 1 rot, that's less than 1%

I always felt that we need some type of rating for people who actually watch their LDs to show there is no rot.
I would gladly click on something to show I just watched a film and its X years old with still no rot.

Posted: 12 Aug 2020, 16:51 

doesn't that work for the other way around??? Turning S-Video into composite.

Anyway, can't agree more, spend a little more and get something a little better or just buy cheap and when you get it home
and it not compatible with your 25+ year old tech then return and try the next cheapest one until you find something that works.

Maybe you just need to enjoy LD on smaller sets for what LD was made for and pickup a high end SD projector for your larger image to enjoy.

Posted: 16 Aug 2020, 22:05 

Can you try another cable, I wonder if its dirty on the connection or even the connector end of the player.

Try cleaning to see if that helps.
Do you have contact cleaner???

Sometimes on some CRT sets you will see a little noise but its hard to tell from the video you posted if its normal or worse than should be.
Thats why it makes me think contact or bad cable?

Posted: 17 Aug 2020, 19:35 

While I feel you can get a great picture without a lot of the add ons I agree with everything else odotb says.

I wonder if I never had LD would I actually have picked it up????
For me its the Silent films and Anime that keep me going for about 80% of the collection.
Oh and Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The (1966) [ML101739] with original Italian titles.

Posted: 20 Aug 2020, 00:52 

Finally watched the Bubblegum crisis Bluray , have to say that OVA 1 looks absolutely stunning compared to old releases , one of the best remastering i would say "restoration" i have seen to this day.

I find Zillion LDs pretty good.
Master tapes for official VCD anime releases were U-matic or Betacam

This is pretty funny, I just picked up the DVD/Bluray box of Zillion, while it is clearer there are the same
odd artifacts on the DVD and Bluray that are not on the LD, but the LD does have a slightly blurry image due to the mastering
I much prefer the LD as the colors have been boosted and light flesh is very blinding to say the least.

The LD may be a 6 out of 10 but the DVD is a clear low 6 out of 10 due to these imperfections
in the blacks and loss of image that is just bothersome, even the episode titles have a blurred background.

Posted: 26 Aug 2020, 01:19 

I think the R7G lets you see field by field instead of just frame by frame in CAV. I’ve never used it though.
Yes that's it, you can go frame by frame or select the button and then field by field or 2 for every frame, its pretty cool when
your player has it, but I also don't use still step anymore if at all.

Posted: 30 Aug 2020, 15:51 

Sounds like you need to open this up to see what the issue it so others can help more.

If I had to guess I would say the pad was slipping but now it sounds like the clamper is broken.
But then again these are all shots in the dark until you open it up.
Page 10 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]