It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 701 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 17:28 

Cut in wages and so on.

Tell me about it brother, it's the decline of the Western World. I'm still in debt for $40,000 for my uni when I was 20 at 40 years old, my wage still barely breaks the average for a fresh graduate.

My Dad got free uni, a job for life, a cheap entry to the housing market. Money for golf and toys and supporting a family on one wage. I can't afford a car let alone a family. Literally didn't earn enough for my girlfriends parents so she left me. Her family were gonna disown her and they were too important to her. I told her I didn't want her to give up her whole family for me and it wasn't that hard to convince her, secretly she thought I was a loser too I think

If you own a house or are paying it off and don't have to deal with the stress and cost to move all your laserdiscs and other stuff every few years be very very grateful, hang on to it, never lose it. You don't know how fortunate you are..

I can't agree more with this.
Good luck and hang in there.

Post subject: Re: LD Player Purchase
Posted: 26 Feb 2018, 19:47 

Sorry to say there is a lot of great info when doing a google search on these models.
Any working player at this point is the best player you can own.

Posted: 02 Mar 2018, 04:08 

So is there any site with the part numbers needed for the R7G?

I picked up bands/sheets but want to grab a psu and spindle motor and maybe a pickup.

It looks like ldservice page is gone.
What are bands/sheets????

Since you are in Japan your best bet is to try and contact Pioneer and see what they still have.

Someone else will chime in as to what part numbers are what.

Post subject: Re: cld-1010 mythbusters
Posted: 04 Mar 2018, 19:37 

I just want to add a disclaimer here for all.
It really isn't the best thing to look at lasers.

Post subject: Re: [HLD-X9] Power issue
Posted: 08 Mar 2018, 05:14 

Yeah, your best bet is to try your hand at using a multi meter and make sure you are getting the correct voltage, I would even check to make sure the
fuses are correct.
But that's even the extent of my knowledge, and you are doing whatever at your own risk.

You didn't get the one on ebay that was listed as a project did you???

Posted: 27 Mar 2018, 17:56 

Haven't had that issue, but I did have a funny one today.
Sold a book for 4 bucks and the buyer didn't see that I didn't offer free shipping, he then asked me to just ship it for 3.99 and offer free shipping since he could have bought this same book from other sellers who offer free shipping.

:eh:

I told him that I was not Walmart and I couldn't offer free shipping as it would cost me the same price as I sold the book.

Post subject: Re: The Future
Posted: 02 Apr 2018, 16:16 

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades 8-)

Posted: 10 Apr 2018, 20:40 

While it's not my disc or taste I'm glad to see that people are still buying stuff and enjoying their collections of LDs and not just processors or decoding the image for an odd hobby.

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Posted: 19 May 2018, 01:50 

Happy Birthday and fun read.
You forgot to mention that you and Nicholas would pass that paypal % fees to us buyers back in the day ;)
I had to pay it a couple of times.

Posted: 23 May 2018, 16:07 

When buying a certain box set it was a dollar to yen price, for example 120,000 yen was 120 dollars.

120,000 yen is closer to $1200
Yes, sorry it was early.
12,000 would have been 120.00

And as zeta said, its all true, the Aliens have taken over the LD market :lol:

But seriously, these things are worthless to others, only the very special few who troll the internet or ebay.
If you take these to an auction house or flea market you will be lucky to get a buck each and that will be after someone cherry picks those
titles to sell on the internet since they have a little more money than the fleamarketeer who has no internet connection and are just going day
by day making endsmeet.

Posted: 29 May 2018, 12:42 

I just found another one player on sale it's Panasonic LX-V810 which I never heard you guys talk about it.
There's a video of the seller demoing it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAAXkMMDWo
He asked a bit over $100 for the player.
I just called him and he suggest I have to pick it up at his room 30 min from my home,he suggest a pick up and test the stuff in person that's a good sign right there at least I don't have to worry about frustrated underpaid post officer throwing and slam stuff on the table or a shipping carrier that runs on scam.
Well it seems like you either get this player or you don't get any player.
For your location and monetary situation this is your best option and if you do plan to take the risk then this is it.

Posted: 05 Jun 2018, 16:56 

While I haven't seen a film in the theater since Pacific Rim.

I will watch this at home when it comes to the Library to see if its worth it for me to buy a copy.
Do you feel that these star wars films are better when they fill in a part of the story rather than the newer ones that are adding to the story after the fact??

I thought that the rebel one film was fun, too bad they all died in the end. But it was better to me than the force awakens, but I did enjoy it for what it was.

Thanks for posting and I do look forward to watching this one even with the poor reviews and the change of many writers etc.

Posted: 13 Jun 2018, 20:15 

I especially like older 70's 80's 90's comedies that didn't find their way onto dvd or blu!
Nice to read.
I know of two in my collection that are not on DVD or Bluray.

Goodbye New York (1984) [VL5105]
Tulips (1981) [EHL-1038]

There are a few others but I don't want to publish before I get copies :mrgreen:

Have fun with LD :thumbup: I always love watching these films that are not top shelf but fun to watch.

Also another is Forgotten Tune for the Flute, A (1988) [ID7194FR]
Its not a full on comedy but it has some funny moments, but also very somber due to the time period and also being Russian.

Posted: 20 Jun 2018, 20:53 

The one positive is that both copies are not very expensive. So you could always pickup both copies and check them out to see if they
have what you need.

I don't own or have either to sell.
Hopefully someone who owns them can comment about the pressings.

Posted: 02 Jul 2018, 01:27 

Oh boy, welcome to the world of surround sound on LD.

From what I remember you need to connect the red and white and then select the pro logic settings to get the surround sound, but remember you will get dolby surround which was a 4 channel setup on some older discs.
Front left, right center and rear.

The optical will be the same just on the optical out, but you need to make sure your disc is newer to use the digital channels.

You shouldn't need any other gear unless you are doing AC-3 which I feel is not worth it.
Keep us posted on what happens.

There is a site http://www.mindspring.com/~laserdisc-forever/ which should help too.

Posted: 15 Jul 2018, 04:08 

There is something you need to look for, I can't remember right now as its late.
Its either the watts or amps, I was reading the listing fast but it seems like it may be too low??? Says something about 5 amps-110 volts = watts.
My players are still packed up and I can't remember how many amps they use.

The look of it looks right but that's all I can add right now.
Wait for someone else to post or double check to make sure.

Posted: 18 Jul 2018, 15:51 

It may be one of those issues where you can only change with a remote.
Please post a pic of your players front panel again.
Thanks,

Posted: 28 Jul 2018, 03:59 

If you must run a longer cable I feel it would be best to run the longer cable last.
Like your A question in your first post.

Run short from player to the DVDO then long to the TV.
You just need to make sure the long one is a very good quality, not expensive in price but quality.

Posted: 03 Aug 2018, 00:44 

Yep looks shorter.

Posted: 10 Aug 2018, 17:43 

Probably not, those are the only two I've ever seen, unless someone else chimes in with a hidden release I highly doubt it.

Posted: 11 Aug 2018, 01:10 

Transformers: The Movie (1986) [HCL-7001]

This release was the only version I ever owned on LD and it was great, but I just couldn't justify keeping it when I sold it and bought the DVD for 10 bucks.
It was open matte.

After reading many reviews, buying multiple copies, DVD and Bluray the 20th anniversary DVD release is the best version.

It has both the open matte and widescreen versions, it had the same specks from the master used on the Hillcrane LD before it was painstakingly restored.

Colors are strange but they were also strange on the Hillcrane LD too.

So overall if you really love the film buy the LD if you can get a copy, otherwise pickup the 20th anniversary 2 disc DVD with the lenticular cover.

I had the 30th? Bluray and it showed the print with a scene having Jazz in it, the LD and the 20th both had the speck, the 30th had that black speck removed.
So all used the same print but the newest had someone go in and remove the "dirt"

Posted: 11 Aug 2018, 01:24 

150 is not bad, I sold my copy for 250 about 3 years ago.
But again the LD is the best but for what I paid 10 bucks I couldn't justify keeping the LD over a slight variation in color that was actually correct and a little boosted on the LD.

Posted: 14 Aug 2018, 02:43 

All I've had are rot free except a very very few.
Early anime pressings are from 81 or 82.

Macross may have been from 84-85 even.

I don't think boxes were started until the late 80s early 90s, most of the older releases will be single or double discs.
TV series' were released much later and a lot came out at the tail end of LD in Japan.

Posted: 19 Aug 2018, 18:42 

Nice to read, keep up the good work on repairing the stuff that you get if they are broken.

I don't do as much electronic repairs but know enough to get into trouble.
Thanks for posting.
Page 2 of 29 [ Search found 701 matches ]