It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 703 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 28 Feb 2021, 00:58 

Its pretty amazing how many anime discs are still not fully added to the database.
I think I'm almost tapped out for anime for a few years now, been on a buying run for too long and need to put the breaks on for a little.
Love the boxes but I have less and less time to sit and enjoy them and then the shipping really kills it.

Posted: 28 Feb 2021, 21:13 

The only one that comes to mind is the Lensman box, but it wasn't a long series, I think it was 26 or 34 episodes, have to check to make sure.
But only 4 on LD.

Stuff like fist of the north star never got any TV on LD to my knowledge but GE999 did and I think they were both very popular back in the day,
could it have been also licensing in Japan when you have someone like Matsumoto???

Anyway looks cool, would have picked it up had it been in the USA but that overseas shipping is keeping me to films and OVAs.

Posted: 28 Feb 2021, 21:18 

You do know how sleeves were made with a machine and someone would just add a stack of printed labels in to get folded, glued etc.

I remember when my father and I bought our copy of Predator, the sleeve was wider, this is just movement in a mass production machine and is normal.
Even printing with colors, ink runs low and this I'm sure was an acceptable change in color before they refilled.

Posted: 01 Mar 2021, 16:57 

Why is everybody running audio through these scalers???
Is there that much delay from audio to video when watching???
Does the scaler have a great audio pre amp or whatever it may be inside???

Why aren't you running audio to audio and video to video, less hassle, unless there is a delay from audio to video.

Posted: 07 Mar 2021, 18:50 

What about the remastering from the tapes to digital then to vinyl :?

Its one thing to enjoy the original pressing from analog to analog format but its another to do this entire digital wash to get it
to modern specs then to press it through computer to analog.

This is also why some or most early CDs are commanding money, they are transferred directly from the analog tapes thus
have the original sound.

I knew I was doing the right thing by stocking up on all these older first gen CDs :ugeek:

Posted: 08 Mar 2021, 21:34 

Well after discovering this disc on ebay about 6 years ago the idiot seller had some stupid price on it for
over 2 years then finally sold it.

But it was much less than I would have asked for it :ugeek:

Then another copy comes up on ebay over a year ago with another stupid price of 175 and the guy lists is as a laservision.
Made an offer of 35 and said NO I've had offers 10 times that, I told him he should have taken them.

Another 6 months goes by with me still watching it, I make another offer of 35 with my other account and he counters with 75,
but this time I see that when I made my offer it said there were only 2 people watching in my messages, me and me :wtf:
so I counter again with 35 and the seller finally takes it and it just came in the mail SUPER poorly packed just in a cardboard
envelope with nothing around it and I was very lucky it wasn't damaged.

Just scanned it and it looks AMAZING and I can't wait to sit and enjoy this anime with all 4 episodes of OVA supernatural samurai craziness
as only the Japanese can do.

Posted: 08 Mar 2021, 21:41 

My last anime haul from Japan gutted me as one that I was really looking forward to getting has a crack and it actually messes up playback
but luckily its only credits on one side and trailers on the other.

Watching that anime is more important than not watching it and was totally worth the risk.
Just a shame as in Japan it was selling for over 150 and I picked it up for 20 not counting fees.

Posted: 09 Mar 2021, 00:20 

:oops: Sorry, I had the page open but forgot the link, its actually in the database, but I may have added the English wrong :oops:

Seductive Devils in Heaven [98SX-24]

Saw a few different ways of the English on this one.

so I counter again with 35 and the seller finally takes it and it just came in the mail SUPER poorly packed just in a cardboard
envelope with nothing around it and I was very lucky it wasn't damaged.
So in other words, a typical "DON'T LOWBALL ME I KNOW WHAT I GOT" seller?

Sort of, I can't even tell you how I found it, its been like I said I think 1 or 2 years, I think it was more like 1.

Japanese Laser Vision Disc In Original Packaging

how the F)*& do you expect to sell something with that type of title and asking 179.99 :evil:

First time I offered the seller asked me if I knew the title, but I wasn't going to tell him.
Then second time I told him I did know the title but didn't tell him what it was, not like it was going to help at all
he didn't have a player to even test it so who cared.

Posted: 14 Mar 2021, 19:35 

But how much are we talking about here???

With my situation I just pulled a disc but will sell to a member and will contact you to pay fees when its done so they don't lose on the disc.

Posted: 15 Mar 2021, 16:52 

I think Spice would actually be cooler.
Doubt they will be releasing this on any newer format but the Sabbath will be all over the place by now.

Posted: 16 Mar 2021, 14:43 

I'm not opening the pic as its asking me to verify who I am and I'm already signed in with poogle.

Anyway posting pics here would be great, even new ones.

Does the screen image only happen on projectors, I've read about the screen door issue but it was a long time ago on projectors,
wonder if the settings are wrong and its happening on the TV also????

Keep adjusting, when I moved once my CLD-D503 looked better than my CLD-R7G :wtf:
Had everything adjusted for my one apartment with lighting etc but when moving into another house with different lighting etc it was all
messed up and had to adjust again.

Posted: 16 Mar 2021, 21:38 

Then again I remember when collecting you skipped all the X-men until 93? when the Cockrum stuff came out, that Giant size and new characters started it
off again.

Skip the fat and keep the good stuff, even when collecting bubblegum cards you only collect the valuable ones or the teams you like not the sucky teams.

Post subject: Re: I finally feel Wealthy!
Posted: 18 Mar 2021, 00:32 

Hope you enjoy the format, it was always a rich persons game, or a poor person who spent all their money on it.

Posted: 19 Mar 2021, 14:38 

Just think on how you get your TVs or other modern electronics now, get some foam and build it out on the sides.

I just sent a keyboard and that's how I did it, all got there fine, but as for LD players with internals you are taking a risk on some models.

Make sure everything is powered down fully before you pack, make sure everything is seated as it should be, sometimes I turn my players off too soon and
all internals won't be at their locked and rested position and may cause damage in shipping from jolting.

Also I like to put a large label on the outside, even a printed 8x11 paper saying VERY HEAVY, even if its not they will think twice or be prepared before picking up
and I think psychologically they treat it better.

EDIT: forgot to mention. Also get some shrink wrap, either dollar store or wallyworld or even your regular grocery store,
its a great thing to wrap stuff up when shipping to keep it tight or stuff in place like that remote.

Posted: 20 Mar 2021, 16:33 

Sell it and buy a POS player to tinker with.

Don't break a great player because you want to tinker.

Posted: 20 Mar 2021, 21:12 

That said, I’ve repaired and modded some really expensive amps and synthesizers, so I know enough to tread carefully at least.

No you don't, not with LD players, these are a different creature and you will botch it.

I've fixed synths to an extent, amps, guitars, speakers etc but know that LD players need a special hand.
Not that it can't be done but you will botch the first few players I'm pretty sure of that.

Posted: 21 Mar 2021, 16:15 

Tracking issue??? Or centering????

Post subject: Re: Sixth Day
Posted: 23 Mar 2021, 20:47 

I saw the DVD for a buck at the thrift store, the one sidekick is really annoying and I never like any films hes in, rappaport?

Anyway I think the buck was too much for such a film.

Its 6th day people.

Posted: 29 Mar 2021, 23:21 

Did a quick search and this player has a transit screw.

VP-1000 shipping screw

Posted: 01 Apr 2021, 17:08 

Ugh, I sold off a lot of Disney stuff on ebay and had that Cinderella in a lot, would have been a small fortune for shipping to you anyway.
Let us know when you do a review of Alien, I've only ever had the first box set, my dad and I went to tower to buy it new :sick:
Damn that was a waste of money if you think about it now.

Anyway never upgraded due to cost as expected but would like to read about it.

Posted: 03 Apr 2021, 21:53 

signofzeta wrote:
To-Y (1987) [96LG 105]

Recently acquired for a high but not utterly insane price through an established LD scalper and Mogwai smuggler, I was glad to overpay.

Sometimes those are the only people who have the good stuff.
At least you didn't buy 6th day or titan ae.....

Post subject: Re: Macross News
Posted: 10 Apr 2021, 03:21 

Been doing other stuff and focusing on other stuff, after my last TVone purchase that was DOA and reading from Gypsy I'm a little gunshy on getting another one.

I have my old computer downstairs and have the computer monitor wired under the TV but haven't had time to connect and run it.
I will get it done one day and then look into the possibility of the genlock again soon.

Posted: 11 Apr 2021, 00:29 

Try with another disc, make sure as blam says your disc plays fine before you start tweaking your player and cause more trouble.

C++ Knows also but I would try another disc first that you know plays fine then start tweaking.

Posted: 12 Apr 2021, 01:47 

My Wife was reading about this in the NY times, a lost version of the LOTRs made for Russian TV back around 1991.
This link is just part 1 there is a part two, this has the English subtitles and is pretty wild.

Going to watch when I have more time, did scan through last night and its crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIlr1B7jQ6g

Posted: 14 Apr 2021, 15:50 

And you give up the money, I can't remember the last time I bought a new film on DVD for 20 bucks.

May have been the Criterion of Solaris, but that would have been around 40?
Page 15 of 29 [ Search found 703 matches ]