It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 19:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 123 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 14 Sep 2019, 20:41 

I haven't had a 99 but I'll buy it too.
Not going to give you mint price since it stinks and will need to be cleaned.

Posted: 15 Sep 2019, 02:48 

I wonder if forper's meds haven't kicked in yet, always talking about no friends, OK we aren't friends in the sense but we are friendly
and I will still bring the napkins.

Posted: 16 Sep 2019, 21:00 

sixersfan1 wrote:
It’s not dead yet! :D

Good :clap: Lets keep it that way :lol:

Post subject: Re: My MUSE LD collection
Posted: 19 Sep 2019, 17:42 

Alive and dying??

That's one of the best lines in this film and I've even used it in person.
Last Remake of Beau Geste, The (1977) [16-005]

Posted: 21 Sep 2019, 14:25 

Well I actually had this type of situation YEARS ago.

I contacted both buyers and told them that I would refund shipping but that they should send them BOTH back to me.
This was early on with ebay and they both refused the package so I did't get hit with extra shipping, I then repacked and send them to correct places.

BUT we are dealing with this situation and I feel that Buyer that didn't pay who has product
should be outed by the seller to show that the seller was doing in good faith.

As above broken disc buyer should just go away, they have their refund and nothing, so it goes.

Posted: 22 Sep 2019, 14:51 

Well buyer B is a thief and I want to know who that is so I don't get ripped off.

Posted: 27 Sep 2019, 19:48 

I like the option to show how long people have been trying to "sell" these "rare" discs and how many are truly interested in purchasing them rather
than to just "like" said disc or object in their fantasy world.

Wow, I just got back and see that this is over 3 pages.
Guess the "real sellers" are upset about such an idea.

I just want to see how long a disc sits in my shop on LDDB and when I have it listed both here and ebay and when I have to come
here to remove said sold disc.

Its nice to see people who are buying these items from estates and then trying to make 2 bucks off it and how may are truly interested
in buying said items.

Seems like the used media collectards are going away or collecting only because they remember grandpa had them or spoke highly of them.

Lets truly see how many we sell and if its really worth the risk or effort to keep these high pre-crash prices going strong into the next
decade.

Posted: 27 Sep 2019, 22:03 

And sharpness may be too high as well as any other video enhancers.

Posted: 29 Sep 2019, 03:35 

Yes, the Galaxy Express 999 movie is Discotek, nice pressing but not like the LD, one of the few that I will keep both the LD and DVD.
I know enough of the story since I watched the LD movie many times over the years but don't know enough Japanese to understand it all.

Would love to figure out how to rip the subs off DVDs and then do a genlock thing with those.
Or even a separate TV below a projector to watch the LD and play the ripped DVD subs rather than get a real genlock and computer etc.

Posted: 01 Oct 2019, 23:00 

Headphone mixing is not down mixing. It's encoded down mixing.

you still get the same audio spatial information but instead of its stored on six or more individual tracks it's stored as to tracks never meant to be played in a specific way. most people cannot tell a post headphone mix a stereo track and can't tell the difference between a post headphone mix track and a serial track until they put on your headphones then they hear the surround track.

By the way our home is to a symmetric for standard surround speakers plus surround speakers are too expensive so hate folding it is probably the best option.

Best of all it could be recorded on a stereo DVD-R or TVR like a Hsuppauge Rocket.

Don't tell any of this to Laserbite, he would flip out on you and make a shirtless video...........

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 03:02 

Still trying to get time and watch the Macross 7 boxes I picked up, if they aren't my taste I'll put them in my shop for 10 years at a reasonable price :lol:

Posted: 02 Oct 2019, 14:10 

Have never seen a star trek episode or movie.
Which movie would you recommend me to watch first to see if its for me or not?

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE ANYMORE.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel like with anything start with the beginning, if its not your thing still get through it and go onto next series or movies
and then find out if you really like it.

Posted: 03 Oct 2019, 15:31 

je280 Just want to make sure you see as it took me a few minutes to see.
That block of Kanji after Laserdisc on the top.

I'm sure all the samples have that.

Also wanted to post this for others as its not easy to notice that block of Kanji for non Japanese readers.

Posted: 05 Oct 2019, 20:55 

Hijacking this to get back to topic.
I think LD prices are pretty much the same, I really don't feel they have gone up in the past 4 or so years.

While I have sold a few high priced pieces on ebay they are Japanese box sets which would have sold in hrs but now it took about 9 months or longer if
memory is correct.

I feel that the market is broken into 3 parts as all collecting markets are.
But this market is the following:
1 people like myself you have all I need and am just enjoying or phasing out.
2 people who keep missing that disc or set for their collection and just finally pull the trigger and pay the high price since they are tired of waiting.
3 new generation of people mid to late 20s who want to collect something and figure this will be fun until the players die on them.

Posted: 06 Oct 2019, 14:45 

I want your anime discs rein-o. :p
2nd coat of paint is going on floor today of the sunroom to cover over the horrible tan/yellow/other color mix they put down.

Then I can get my bathroom sink out of my living room until we get the plumber over for the upstairs bathroom.

Then I can try to move some stuff around and then hopefully get all the lids off my cases.........

Its really horrible and I've never lived in a workzone before.

Posted: 07 Oct 2019, 22:26 

signofzeta wrote:
To appease Rein-O I culled my Wish List of anything I don’t really want.

YES!!!!!!!! :lol:

Next I will convert you to using some turtle bay headphones for your king surround system.

Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 03:48 

:lol: Numpty

From the pictures he posted it sure looks like its running through a computer, I sort of remember those types of glitches when getting bad PCBs on
arcade boards or when the connector wasn't making a clean contact.

You can get a great image from any set as long as its setup right, but computers are a whole nother ball of wax.

Post subject: Re: Collection for sale
Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 15:00 

OK good luck.
3g is a lot, you do have some good titles that are max 40-50 bucks but then you have a lot of buck discs
that nobody buys.
Unfortunately the LD market is not what it used to be unless you piecemeal which will take
over 1 year on ebay and probably 4 here.

Post subject: Re: Collection for sale
Posted: 11 Oct 2019, 20:07 

The hardest part of collecting is to find out after years that your collection isn't worth as much as it once was or you actually thought it was.

Here are 2 stories, one I heard first hand the other was in the NY Times.

I was at dinner and this guy was there with his wife talking about his rare guitar, his wife was thinking it was valuable like tens of thousands,
when he brought it up at dinner, this other guy was at the table with us and we both told him the guitar was worth around 3k for a 70s strat, his wife almost died.

Times story, this couple bought a George the 5th card table for 12,000.00 twelve thousand dollars as an investment. Don't remember how many years go by and now they
are in their late 70s and want to sell, auction house tells them they feel very confident to sell it for around 1200.00 yes twelve hundred dollars.

Posted: 13 Oct 2019, 16:55 

Interesting article, he may be right that there is no room to have another format in the home theater.
But this is IF you have bottomless pockets and can afford to do another format for a film you only watched once on the 2 formats you own already.

These are really interesting times we live in for the home theater, its at its peak but then people are at a massive downsizing and others will just stream
what they want to.

This is all nice IF you can afford all these extra monthly subscriptions, if you have decided to go the old skool route then you are better off buying the films you want
on the cheaper formats.
I just bought 6 films on DVD from the bay for 16 bucks with free shipping, most are not on LD or if they are they are more expensive, but I don't have a 4K
setup and refuse to do the Bluray route, bought about 10 titles and sold them all off but one and I'm still listing it on ebay.

My 2 main formats are LD and DVD for personal, monetary and other reasons.
Why should I re-purchase a film that I already own on LD and have only watched once just to own it on bluray and watch it once to compare
and then never watch again for another 10+ years.

I will keep my LD collection as I will watch the titles and still do, and own some rare anime but even if it all comes out tomorrow on 4K I won't
re-purchase any as I'm happy with what I have and the little money I still own.

I may sell half my discs or thin the heard but only due to not really wanting that film anymore.
I never got into LD for Star Wars or 6th Day or End of days, I got into it because of anime first and then film I loved and widescreen and more recently silent films
that are not on DVD or other formats.
I guess if I got into LD for the other reasons I would have gotten rid of the format a long time ago.

Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 18:31 

kaflo wrote:
It's the laser pickup. You need to replace it.

Lets not jump to repairs Tech Kaflo when he has it connected a wrong way or the computer is not picking up the analog signal.
Page 5 of 5 [ Search found 123 matches ]