It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 02:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 123 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Ireland!
Posted: 19 Nov 2018, 16:09 

Loved the Macross game page, I had that disc, mine was really rotted but it is very rare.
Had to sell it a few months ago.

Post subject: Re: Image problem
Posted: 24 Nov 2018, 03:23 

You need to see if your TV has a 4.3 setting and adjust for that.
The video is 4.3 even if widescreen and will look distorted unless you zoom or change to 4.3
You have 16x9 or close to 1.85 TV now.

If your TV doesn't have any 4.3 setting you will need to live with this until you get some other TV or device.

My TV has a similar setting, I can't remember what it is called. But the image in the center is fine, outer edges are pulled to fit the screen.

Posted: 24 Nov 2018, 15:44 

I use an LED but I went to test them out before I bought new and if I didn't like it with LD when I got home I would have returned it.

Post subject: Re: Pioneer vs Yamaha
Posted: 27 Nov 2018, 15:33 

If you must have AC-3 then the best thing to get are the stand alone pieces.

What you have is good enough, if you want to get one of the decoders that has all the inputs and outputs then piggyback that into a larger AV then fine.

But you are just going to be buying the same things in different shapes.

Posted: 27 Nov 2018, 15:38 

Are you sure its not that disc?

Is the disc flat? If not that can cause issues.

And I just watched the video, that's not crosstalk.
Crosstalk looks like that but its not rolling and its about 90% less.
It looks like antenna interference in part of the image not the entire thing and never rolling.

George needs to get flattened.

Posted: 30 Nov 2018, 01:38 

I believe there is another topic with the same issue.
It is the power supply, but you need to search, I believe you need to get a correct one as others may not work right?

Please search about this, someone else had this issue.

Posted: 09 Dec 2018, 22:31 

The only issue you will have are the caps in the future.
You should look into how to recap the chassis boards so you know what to do in the future.

Taking off the flyback is pretty easy once you know what and how to do it, then taking off the board is the next step.
If your TV is about 15-20 years old it will probably need it soon.

Also check on how to repair arcade monitors, they have great info for the future so you will know what to look for.

Posted: 06 Jan 2019, 17:02 

I think there's a chance that those old VHS versions are sourced from low-contrast prints which by nature have high black level as well as greyish whites and usually end up with muted colors unless properly color corrected.

So you are saying that prints back in the day of this quality were "low contrast" and were really just cheap junk we were choking down?

Ertoli, I actually owned this LD at one time, about 2 years ago.
Those SD images on the right of your examples are total BS and the LD while not perfect was NOT that horrible.
It was NOT faded like pictured and this is just a total BS example to show others that people before a certain age were choking this stuff
down because we didn't have any other options.

Posted: 06 Jan 2019, 19:58 

Ah, low contrast print sounds like a cheap way of doing something.
That's what I was trying to understand.

So low contrast is a format as I believed you, but done wrong is bad done right is good.

While those pics above of the SD or un-mastered look like what you are saying they are altered to make the original SD look horrible and not what
the LD looked like at all in any way with the worst set in the world and worst LD player.

Posted: 08 Jan 2019, 18:19 

Been watching Macross Plus.

WTF how does this have anything to do with the original series in anyway??
Am I missing something here.

From the one Macross 7 film I saw that fits more into the series than this.

Posted: 30 Jan 2019, 16:43 

Watching: Dark Myth, 1990 anime.
https://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/50664/PILA-1018/%E6%9A%97e%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDc%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BDe%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%BD

Took me a long time to get the LD player running in my construction site of a house but I have a nice small 22 inch TV in the dining room
with a cable running to the LD player and speakers in the living room LOL.

Very odd anime, don't really well considering its an OVA, they sure spent some time and money on this more than others of the time era.

Posted: 04 Feb 2019, 04:07 

Open it up, power it on, insert the disc and press play.
If it works you are fine, if not then you will need to either ship it off for repair or diagnose yourself.

Nothing special to be done other than try it out.
This isn't like an old 1 stroke engine, you don't need to prime it or anything.
Good luck

Posted: 14 Feb 2019, 16:42 

List them if they are not already listed.
All new info is great for everybody.

Posted: 16 Feb 2019, 17:51 

No, you did it wrong.

I was waiting and wondering when you were going to post this.

When you copied the LD you DID NOT change the channels on your LD player.
When playing your LD through your LD player it will automatically give you one or the other channel, but if you copy you need to select the correct audio before.
I know this first hand as I had made a copy for a friend who wanted to see it with their father as he enjoyed it as a kid.

No magic, you just didn't copy it right and didn't select the correct English channel when transferring it.

Posted: 20 Feb 2019, 14:53 

There are many ways to do this and it all depends on what you have and your experience with them.

1 get stain that is the correct color, touch it up wait many days for it to dry and then fill with epoxy and blue tape to hold it in place.
after its dry you can sand lightly to smooth and then touch up with clear coat.

2 you can get powered pigment and mix into the epoxy and do the same with blue tape to keep it in place sand etc.

3 you can get artist oil paint to match the color and do the first step just swap oil paint with stain.
Good luck, its very easy if you've done it before and if you have the materials.

Posted: 21 Feb 2019, 18:01 

Just watched 4 of the 6 Peter Sellers Pink Panther films on DVD.

Post subject: Re: Sony MDP 650D
Posted: 27 Feb 2019, 13:35 

Probably belt, even if the belts look OK it can still be worn out enough to case an issue.
And worn is not the right word, more of losing the strength and it loosens a little and doesn't grip as much.

If its cheap enough and you are willing to take the risk, its all up to you.

Posted: 28 Feb 2019, 17:21 

Oh, then you start messing with it its yours.
Either return it or its yours.
If I sold you something like that I would never take it back after you start messing with it.
That's why they used to have those stickers on some electronics to void warranty.

Posted: 01 Mar 2019, 16:11 

I want to maximize my return.
Good luck with this one.

And, I don't want them sitting posted here for months and months and months.
And this one too.

Ebay will be your fastest method of unloading such a product.

Its not like you can setup at a fleamarket and expect anybody to pay you more than .50 cents each.

Man when I look at some of the CDs I've bought over the past few years for 1-3 dollars and think what people actually paid for these.
I've been looking at these Looney Tunes Golden Age DVDs.
A person just listed and sold the lot of 6 DVD volumes on ebay BIN for 65 bucks, she posted that her husband bought them new and
never watched them :sick:

Do you realize that these cost 50 bucks each new at Best Buy.

Good luck, if you don't want to deal with shipping you may be well off with craigslist too.

Posted: 11 Mar 2019, 19:10 

Could possibly be 1 of 2 things.
Dirt on the disc or a manufacturing defect somehow.

Or :? Laser is dying???? I believe you would notice it all the time with that one.

Post subject: Re: How about a Discord ?
Posted: 21 Mar 2019, 00:00 

signofzeta wrote:
Oh I for sure don’t want it then. :)

Voice...can you imagine?

Tripletopper :silent:

Post subject: Re: Volcano (1997) PAL
Posted: 23 Mar 2019, 14:31 

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of PAL discs, but I would figure that later releases are better as all formats are most of the time.

I hope someone else can chime in to help.

Post subject: Re: Macross memorial boxes
Posted: 08 Apr 2019, 02:08 

Mine never had a booklet, lets see what Forper says.

The Plus 1 disc has all the extras with an insert.
I guess the extras disc is instead of the booklet???

I have exactly what is pictured in that auction but that PLUS disc should have an insert, I don't know how you would ask???
Also its not a hard set to find and those inner sleeves are pretty worn to me.

Posted: 09 May 2019, 18:40 

This is the real future of customer service from larger businesses, you will get these fool mom and pops who think they have to do everything
even if it makes them bankrupt but these larger companies will just blow us off and we will keep coming back for more.

Experienced both of the above situations too many times first hand from large and small.

Reminds me of this guy who when I mentioned that ebay wanted to do mandatory returns he told me, sure its a great thing even this department store in the
area did returns after 3 years. When I asked him what happened to that store he said they went out of business :lol:

Posted: 22 May 2019, 00:47 

Future War 198X, very cool. I still remember the fight we had on the forum about that. :lol:
I am dreading the day it comes out on DVD :evil: , its such a great film on LD.
Page 3 of 5 [ Search found 123 matches ]