It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 13 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 26 Oct 2018, 00:39 

There’s never going to be a filter setting for this because “unreleased” is much too fuzzy of a term for a filter setting. It has to be something verifiably true, like having Digital Sound or being 12”, without doing a lot of research and constantly updating as new info comes to light (see: the genuinely never ending conversations about aspect ratio and whatever “uncut” is). If the setting did exist then it wouldn’t be trustworthy and nobody needs that. The DB needs to be accurate more than it needs to be bigger.

I see what you are saying. You’re looking for what useful foreign versions of American and British movies. As Rein-O said, you have to be a fan of something first and then check on a case by case basis. Let's Get Lost (1988) [C59-6291] is an American movie %100 but never gets release here for some reason so the JP LD is the only LD (although there is a UK DVD). The Max Headroom TV series is a big one, same for quite a few classic TV series I’m pretty sure.

There is a thread here for “significant” LDs, you may find some good ones in there.

Posted: 26 Oct 2018, 01:03 

Max Headroom didn't even get a full release did it?

The Robocop TV series and the TekWar TV movies also only got released in Japan and Taiwan respectively, and again were not full releases.

Posted: 26 Oct 2018, 17:54 

Some that comes to my mind are
Rocktober blood
The evictors
waitress
American ninja
Air wolf 1-2-3
Coming soon
The cell
Rampage
Full moon high
Get crazy
Night gallery
Knight rider 1-2
Vibes
Zero boys
And many many more

Posted: 26 Oct 2018, 20:29 

Max Headroom (RCA - First Season (6 episodes))
Lucas (Fox)
Night Crossing (Disney)
Song of the South (Disney)

Posted: 31 Oct 2018, 04:40 

A lot of horror titles meet this criteria

Murder Rock (Dancing Death) (1984) [LILD0021]
Deadly Spawn, The (1983) [DLZ-0109]
Supernaturals, The (1986) [EHL-1095]
Two Thousand Maniacs! (2000 Maniacs) (1964) [NDH-006]
Season of the Witch: George A. Romero's (1972) [LVB-1016]

as well as other genres

Get Crazy (1983) [EHL-1024]

None of those English language movies have a US release.

Posted: 22 Aug 2021, 20:42 

There's loads of fun stuff to still be discovered on Laserdisc. :thumbup:

Posted: 29 Oct 2021, 07:25 

You don't need to worry about adding duplicates; that's what catalog numbers are for.

Anyway, even if you don't have any titles that aren't in the DB yet, there very well could be titles in your collection whose DB entries are missing information or covers, which is a nice thing to help out with for historical record-keeping. It's a chore to be sure, and far be it from me to tell anyone what to do with their free time (especially since I've got plenty left to do, myself, and my collection's comparatively tiny), but collectively it's a worthwhile endeavor IMO. I'm hoping to get some covers photographed and updates submitted this weekend.

Posted: 31 Oct 2021, 16:42 

I just saw Wonder Woman 1984, wish it was an old film and stayed in 84 to have never been seen.

Was really just too long, why do we need this to be a 2 1/2 hour film, cut the fat people.
Story was stupid, but it fits the theme of what other countries are.

Don't wish for anything and all be the same, good worker drones.
If you wish for anything it will kill the world.

Posted: 31 Oct 2021, 19:08 

I just saw Wonder Woman 1984, wish it was an old film and stayed in 84 to have never been seen.

Was really just too long, why do we need this to be a 2 1/2 hour film, cut the fat people.
Story was stupid, but it fits the theme of what other countries are.

Don't wish for anything and all be the same, good worker drones.
If you wish for anything it will kill the world.

I had to watch it a while because family wanted to see it. It was absolute garbage.

Posted: 18 Nov 2021, 04:10 

Inside ring will have mint marks or numbers, check them on the listing page to see if they match with the Pioneer etc.

Post subject: Re: Going Mobile by The Who
Posted: 18 Nov 2021, 09:36 

I think the track should feature on this very late (1999) Japanese market only LD release

The Who: Who's Next (1999) [VALG-1063]

Posted: 18 Nov 2021, 16:24 

Found the chapter list here: https://www.myday-cn.com/yahoo-q448825588.html

It's on Track #9.

Julien

Posted: 19 Nov 2021, 15:54 

Be aware this is a documentary series, don't expect clean clips or concert, but more parts of the songs.. Just to have right expectations.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 13 matches ]