It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Search found 4 matches

Global announcement   Jump to topic

Posted:  

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: 09 Jan 2020, 05:36 

Watched an entire movie tonight with zero squeal! Looks like the bearing grease just needed worked in a little longer.

You guys rock. Thanks for the advice!

Posted: 04 Jul 2020, 17:49 

C.H.U.D. (CHUD) (1984) [I5044]

There are a few versions of C.H.U.D floating around. The main three are the theatrical release, the TV network version, and the Anchor Bay uncut release. There is also an Image Entertainment DVD, but I believe that is transferred from the Anchor Bay version. From what I can tell, this laserdisc is the 88-minute theatrical release, and that is not a good thing.

Newer DVD versions run at 96 minutes, and those include 8 critical story moments. Even though it runs technically shorter, the laserdisc/theatrical version actually feels longer, due to sloppy editing and missing plot elements. I don't want to add spoilers. However, if you want the specific omissions, they are here: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087015/alternateversions . I don't know about the ID7554RG release. The run time matches I5044, so I am assuming it's the same version with a digital track and a CAV side.

If you plan on actually watching the movie, skip the LD, and search out a DVD or Blu Ray copy and verify the correct running time (96 min). It is a better movie at probably half the price.

Posted: 20 Jul 2021, 04:23 

Yeah, there are several test patterns for the various settings. I have gone over the manual and the Curt Palme startup guide ad nauseam. The forums over there are not helpful. Everyone just accuses you of not reading the manual and offers zero advice. I'll just keep fiddling with it or go blind trying.

I sort of remember reading about some type of test screen that you can get from the internal, have you done that??

I know its not easy but worth it after its all done, wish I had one but then again I've been happy with my DLP which is decent for price.
Page 1 of 1 [ Search found 4 matches ]